Grandivory's Mods Optimizer v1.0

Replies

• Another thing I noticed, if you select too many characters, it doesn't work as well. A lot of my players ended up decreasing in Mod value when I selected too many. My Vader went to a mod value of 440 down to 220 on their recommendations.

• Thanks for the tool. It helped boost me up a bunch. Question though: it doesn't seem to go search through my unequipped mods... all recommendations and even the "Explore Mods" only shows equipped mods. Am I doing something wrong?

Correct. The game's API (the interfaced used to share data between CG and this app) can only see mods equipped on characters, it can't see unequipped mods.

However, there's a checkbox on the app which says 'save my mods'. When that is checked, it will remember mods that were equipped (and fetched) and then unequipped/replaced with another mod.

Thanks! I'll load up all my characters, 'save my mods', and keep rotating through to get the best! I have tons of "1 star" mods that have never been equipped so could be some gems there ;)
  • Thanks for the tool. It helped boost me up a bunch. Question though: it doesn't seem to go search through my unequipped mods... all recommendations and even the "Explore Mods" only shows equipped mods. Am I doing something wrong?

Correct. The game's API (the interfaced used to share data between CG and this app) can only see mods equipped on characters, it can't see unequipped mods.

However, there's a checkbox on the app which says 'save my mods'. When that is checked, it will remember mods that were equipped (and fetched) and then unequipped/replaced with another mod.

Thanks! I'll load up all my characters, 'save my mods', and keep rotating through to get the best! I have tons of "1 star" mods that have never been equipped so could be some gems there ;)

1 dot mods? Depending on where you are in game, only 5 dot or 6 dot mods matter. As for level, go by 3 and discard anything that doesn't show speed.
  • I modded my bastila and she went red in quite a few areas, less health, less protection but her greens were probably on more important stats like potency, speed...etc. So I think its fine to see a lot of red.

For my Nihilus, everything was red, except for speed, which was a +20ish. Not sure I want to remod my sith team, I have been toying with the idea of a rebel team now that Chewie is out. Gotta drop 2 zeta on him and hopefully my BH team is good enough to land that 7*
  • I modded my bastila and she went red in quite a few areas, less health, less protection but her greens were probably on more important stats like potency, speed...etc. So I think its fine to see a lot of red.

For my Nihilus, everything was red, except for speed, which was a +20ish. Not sure I want to remod my sith team, I have been toying with the idea of a rebel team now that Chewie is out. Gotta drop 2 zeta on him and hopefully my BH team is good enough to land that 7*

Did Nihilius' mod value go up or go down?

Health increased by 455, protection decreased by 2520, speed up by 16, crit dam dropped by 42%, Pot 10.5%, physical damage increased by 214, physical crit chance down .17%, armor down by 20, special damage up 453, special crit chance down .17% and resistance down 24. So I guess the losses weren't as drastic as I made it out to be. Not sure if the gains are worth the loss.

Health increased by 455, protection decreased by 2520, speed up by 16, crit dam dropped by 42%, Pot 10.5%, physical damage increased by 214, physical crit chance down .17%, armor down by 20, special damage up 453, special crit chance down .17% and resistance down 24. So I guess the losses weren't as drastic as I made it out to be. Not sure if the gains are worth the loss.

No there is a spot that says the entire value of the set. Like 500 or 440 or 200...etc. Its in the bottom of where the mods are when I look at it. It'll tell you the value of the set you currently have then the value of the set if you make the changes.

No there is a spot that says the entire value of the set. Like 500 or 440 or 200...etc. Its in the bottom of where the mods are when I look at it. It'll tell you the value of the set you currently have then the value of the set if you make the changes.

So the set value is currently 679.17 and the new set value is 743.89
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    No optimizer is perfect, it doesn't know your strategy. With that said this is a real solid tool. You just need to look at the suggestions and decide for yourself how to use them, rather than just plugging them in without thinking if they're best for your situation.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I modded my bastila and she went red in quite a few areas, less health, less protection but her greens were probably on more important stats like potency, speed...etc. So I think its fine to see a lot of red.

Wow, both of those are very high. Higher than any of my characters haha. Speed must be very valued for DN.

Wow, both of those are very high. Higher than any of my characters haha. Speed must be very valued for DN.

Yeah, you want to annihilate ASAP and you also want to do it often. I would prefer 5 times a match. jk.

Yeah, you want to annihilate ASAP and you also want to do it often. I would prefer 5 times a match. jk.

That would be a really long match haha

Not if Nils is fast enough. Get some debuffs on all enemies with vader, then drain to reduce cool down for annihilate. Usually I get it once a match for Arena. Don't think i get 2x often.

Not if Nils is fast enough. Get some debuffs on all enemies with vader, then drain to reduce cool down for annihilate. Usually I get it once a match for Arena. Don't think i get 2x often.

Right 2x isn't unheard of but 5x would be a very long match haha.

Right 2x isn't unheard of but 5x would be a very long match haha.

Just wishful thinking. lol. Nils would definitely be a lord if he could clear 5 characters.

Those are mostly insignificant decreases to achieve a large increase in speed, which is the most valuable stat. The crit damage drop is a lot but nihilus isn't someone you want to be prioritising for a 6-dot crit damage triangle.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299

Those are mostly insignificant decreases to achieve a large increase in speed, which is the most valuable stat. The crit damage drop is a lot but nihilus isn't someone you want to be prioritising for a 6-dot crit damage triangle.

I'm kinda on the fence for changing mods at the moment. I am thinking of changing to a rebel team, once chewie has zetas and 7*.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I modded my bastila and she went red in quite a few areas, less health, less protection but her greens were probably on more important stats like potency, speed...etc. So I think its fine to see a lot of red.

I'm kinda on the fence for changing mods at the moment. I am thinking of changing to a rebel team, once chewie has zetas and 7*.

Do it! I can still get top 20 on an April 2017 shard with CLS Han Chewie R2 L3.

To be transparent, I can't beat Revan though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Do it! I can still get top 20 on an April 2017 shard with CLS Han Chewie R2 L3.

To be transparent, I can't beat Revan though.

The whole top of my shard is Revan and Traya. I would have to find another character to replace L3 in that team, I have had no desire to do anything with L3. I've faced a team or two with Old Ben and those guys whipe the floor with me.
  • Yes. Some stats for some characters are more important than other stats. The mod optimizer makes the important stats better and ignore the other stats.
  • Is it me, or does the mods Optimizer not seem to consider max set bonuses? On mine, the set bonuses weren't always taken into consideration. For example, for one character, it suggested applying 3 health mods, 2 potency mod, and one defense mod so one set bonus wasn't in effect. Other characters, it also didn't properly incorporate the set bonuses. Please incorporate max set bonuses into the tool.
  • kim13 wrote: »
    Is it me, or does the mods Optimizer not seem to consider max set bonuses? On mine, the set bonuses weren't always taken into consideration. For example, for one character, it suggested applying 3 health mods, 2 potency mod, and one defense mod so one set bonus wasn't in effect. Other characters, it also didn't properly incorporate the set bonuses. Please incorporate max set bonuses into the tool.

I think Grandivory said that was the case and he was hoping to tweak that in the future. Look back through the posts in this thread and you'll see it.
  • I like how the mod optimizer does the separate window when optimizing, just wish that when you lock a character and didn't change mods, it would revise the list after the locked mods. Currently it wants me to swap 2 mods out, and it only gains me 8.7 mod set value. I don't think that is significant enough to change the mods. So I should be able to lock that character and have the mods currently equipped taken out of the mod pool.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I like how the mod optimizer does the separate window when optimizing, just wish that when you lock a character and didn't change mods, it would revise the list after the locked mods. Currently it wants me to swap 2 mods out, and it only gains me 8.7 mod set value. I don't think that is significant enough to change the mods. So I should be able to lock that character and have the mods currently equipped taken out of the mod pool.

You can lock the mod set already existing on that character so those mods wont be moved.

You can also set a %difference like say 5% so any increment of less than 5% wont change the mods much.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    I like how the mod optimizer does the separate window when optimizing, just wish that when you lock a character and didn't change mods, it would revise the list after the locked mods. Currently it wants me to swap 2 mods out, and it only gains me 8.7 mod set value. I don't think that is significant enough to change the mods. So I should be able to lock that character and have the mods currently equipped taken out of the mod pool.

You can lock the mod set already existing on that character so those mods wont be moved.

You can also set a %difference like say 5% so any increment of less than 5% wont change the mods much.

I know you can, but you need to lock them, then fetch data to lock the mods on that character. Being able to fetch data requires an hour cool down. I think before, when a character was locked, it didn't use those mods when optimizing.
  • It also messed up for me today. Wanted to place a mod that I had locked on another character.
  • Huatimus wrote: »

I know you can, but you need to lock them, then fetch data to lock the mods on that character. Being able to fetch data requires an hour cool down. I think before, when a character was locked, it didn't use those mods when optimizing.

I think he was pointing out the fact that the tool lets you lock mod sets (don't know about individual mods) on a character. No need to do it in game and refresh data. I've never had to refresh data to lock mods this way.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    deleted
    Post edited by Chucko_marek on
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

I think he was pointing out the fact that the tool lets you lock mod sets (don't know about individual mods) on a character. No need to do it in game and refresh data. I've never had to refresh data to lock mods this way.

But that was not what I was talking about, I had 2 mods on Bastila that the optimizer wanted to move. It resulted in an 8.7 set value increase and I wasn't happy loosing the protection. I backed out to the main page, locked bastila and re-optimized. One of the next group of characters showed 2 mods from Bastila, who was locked and her mods shouldn't have been selected. My point was that the optimizer was showing mods that it should not have been showing, and the only way for the optimizer to catch up is to refresh the optimizer itself, has nothing to do with the game or mod sets.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

But that was not what I was talking about, I had 2 mods on Bastila that the optimizer wanted to move. It resulted in an 8.7 set value increase and I wasn't happy loosing the protection. I backed out to the main page, locked bastila and re-optimized. One of the next group of characters showed 2 mods from Bastila, who was locked and her mods shouldn't have been selected. My point was that the optimizer was showing mods that it should not have been showing, and the only way for the optimizer to catch up is to refresh the optimizer itself, has nothing to do with the game or mod sets.

That adds some clarity. Sounds like it might be a bug. As I said, I've never had this issue. Might be best to join the Discord server and ask: https://discord.gg/WFKycSm