Favorite Non-Lightsaber Team?

RogueOfTime
46 posts Member
edited April 2019
As a fan of long-time fan of Star Wars I always liked the aliens, the droids, the ships, and the pilots. The Sith and Jedi were an afterthought for me, so just wondering: What's everyone's favorite non-saberwielding team? (NOTE: Some teams were compiled such as Bounty Hunters and Smugglers being tossed in with Scoundrels since they all share that tag.) Using the Force is not a disqualifier, else there would be a lot of characters removed potentially. If they hold a lightsaber they're disqualified (illusory or physical blades also don't count as disqualifiers). Sith and Sith Empire were not included since there weren't enough characters to make even a 3-man team without getting sabers involved.

NOTE: Yep, totally forgot to include the omission of Asajj Ventress for Nightsisters and Separatists and Count Dooku / General Grievous for Separatists.

Favorite Non-Lightsaber Team? 74 votes

Droids and "Other" Alien Groups (Ewoks, Jawas, Tuskens, etc.)
9% 7 votes
Empire (No Darth Vader) (Includes Imperial Troopers)
14% 11 votes
First Order (No Kylo Ren or Kylo Ren (Unmasked))
2% 2 votes
Galactic Republic (No Jedi) (Includes Clone Troopers)
5% 4 votes
Nightsisters
16% 12 votes
Old Republic (No Jedi)
2% 2 votes
Rebel (No Jedi or CLS) (Includes Phoenix, Rogue One)
1% 1 vote
Resistance (No Jedi Training Rey)
0% 0 votes
Scoundrel (Includes Bounty Hunters and Smugglers)
43% 32 votes
Separatists (Includes Geonosians)
4% 3 votes
Post edited by RogueOfTime on

Replies

• Options
    Equally Rogue 1 and Imperial Troopers; but with BH close behind
  • Options
    Empire and scoundrels
  • Options
    NS has a lightsaber ... so NS is without Asajj?

Favourite team without lightsabers is: Carth, Mission, Zaalbar, Canderous and Wampa/L3.
    I know ... ten up and they're toast. Triple cleanse and they're toast. But it's just such a fun team.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Even including sabers, Imperial troopers and bounty hunters are my favorite
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Scoundrels, then R1 and resistance.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Scoundrels. Not close.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    WAMPA edit: bonus: he haaaaates lightsabers
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    NS has a lightsaber ... so NS is without Asajj?

Favourite team without lightsabers is: Carth, Mission, Zaalbar, Canderous and Wampa/L3.
    I know ... ten up and they're toast. Triple cleanse and they're toast. But it's just such a fun team.

Yeah, lol. I realized after I went to bed I forgot to list "No Asajj Ventress" for Nightsisters and "No Count Dooku" for Separatists. Call me the April Fool for that set of blunders, lol. XD

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Scoundrels, specifically the Solo characters, are a blast. Prepared is a neat mechanic and they are actually a really strong team as well.

Carth & Co (Carth/Mission&Z/Canderous/Juhani) is also really fun. Boatloads of assists and lots of inherent potency combined with a ludicrous amount of dot-stacking, and a whole pile of passive healing (via Carth zeta) on top. Does really well on defense in TW/GA too.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• _Reaper_
    109 posts Member
    Options
    What about Sith Empire? The ones that are general troopers, not force/lightsaber-wielders.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    imperial troopers, hands down.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    _Reaper_ wrote: »
    What about Sith Empire? The ones that are general troopers, not force/lightsaber-wielders.

The only non-lightsaber SE characters are HK and Trooper. Trooper is an OK plug-and-play tank although he mostly just sits there and absorbs punishment rather than doing anything interesting. HK is a beast now, but he kinda needs to be on a Darth Revan team to work effectively.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Bounty hunters
  • Options

Yeah, the team would be HK-47 and Sith Trooper which is not even a team of 3. That's the only reason that faction was omitted. It's a similar story for the Sith as well since you would have Emperor Palpatine and Sith Trooper and that's it. Just not enough characters to include either faction in the poll.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Yeah, the team would be HK-47 and Sith Trooper which is not even a team of 3. That's the only reason that faction was omitted. It's a similar story for the Sith as well since you would have Emperor Palpatine and Sith Trooper and that's it. Just not enough characters to include either faction in the poll.
    You forgot Sith Trooper's Sith Cousin, Sith Trooper's Dog Darth Fido and Sith Trooper's Sith Grandma (though rumour has it she has a lightsaber concealed in her Sith walking cane and knows how to use it!) :D