GW turn meter carryover

I’m one of those that would personally love a sandbox or guild pvp (no rewards) to test different teams and players. Because I don’t expect that to happen, could you make the following changes to GW to make it act a little more like a sandbox?

1. No preloaded TM for defense if you fail an attack.
2. No degraded health/protection after failed attacks
3. All cool downs reset for defense after a failed attack.
4. Items 1, 2, & 3 also apply to the player’s attacking teams.
5. Sim individual nodes (optional).

Basically, make each unit reset after a match. You can keep the deaths are permanent thing. The preloaded TM for offense makes GW far too easy. If I want to play a g9 team and I win the first match, I just steamroll over other matches until I hit a road block (nodes 6, 9, and 12).

I understand these changes might make it difficult for newer players to win on this table, so maybe only have them apply once a player can sim the entire table.

Replies

• I’m one of those that would personally love a sandbox or guild pvp (no rewards) to test different teams and players. Because I don’t expect that to happen, could you make the following changes to GW to make it act a little more like a sandbox?

Basically, make each unit reset after a match. You can keep the deaths are permanent thing. The preloaded TM for offense makes GW far too easy. If I want to play a g9 team and I win the first match, I just steamroll over other matches until I hit a road block (nodes 6, 9, and 12).

I understand these changes might make it difficult for newer players to win on this table, so maybe only have them apply once a player can sim the entire table.

If you only want practice:

1. Retreat
    2. Retreat
    3. Retreat
    4. Retreat
    5. Yeah, that would be nice.

Sounds like you should battle with one team up until the tough battles and then swap in the team you want to test so you don’t have preloaded TM.
  • I’m one of those that would personally love a sandbox or guild pvp (no rewards) to test different teams and players. Because I don’t expect that to happen, could you make the following changes to GW to make it act a little more like a sandbox?

1. Retreat
    2. Retreat
    3. Retreat
    4. Retreat

Sounds like you should battle with one team up until the tough battles and then swap in the team you want to test so you don’t have preloaded TM.

When I play GW, I do typically use a good team to steamroll until the tough battles, but it would be nice to use my “practice” teams more than once or twice a day and against a variety of teams. At my current standing, I would need to have a variety of gear levels to really pull off what you suggest without accidentally losing the battle (final battles are g11 and g12 teams).

All that said, I thought I’d ask for this because the answer to all of this is “no” unless I ask.

1. Retreat
    2. Retreat
    3. Retreat
    4. Retreat

When I play GW, I do typically use a good team to steamroll until the tough battles, but it would be nice to use my “practice” teams more than once or twice a day and against a variety of teams. At my current standing, I would need to have a variety of gear levels to really pull off what you suggest without accidentally losing the battle (final battles are g11 and g12 teams).

All that said, I thought I’d ask for this because the answer to all of this is “no” unless I ask.

If you retreat before ending the battle when either winning or losing, you can repeat it an infinite number of times, more than once per day.

Anyways, practice once/day is better than no practice ;)

I think we’d be more likely to get a second tier of GW at this point than getting them to revisit the existing mechanics.