500 crystal refund for Barriss.

2Next

Replies

• 500 crystals plus money refunded. Not bad
  • Guys keep your heroine packs, the game is in its infancy, it may get adjusted again and bariss or other toons in the pack may get a huge buff in the future. Think about it.
  • I just tried to play and couldn't have much fun. Things changed a bit with all this. I finally for the first time ever requested a refund on Apple Report a Problem for particular item, Heroine Started Bundle.

I also reviewed my spending and this is the game I have spend the most ever: $425.

This insult of a compensation for something poorly communicated, unfairly done and abusive is not something I enjoy.

If anyone from CG reads this, I say in a constructive way: I genuinely feel my intelligence was insulted and can not understand why you had to sell this only to change it fundamentaly a week after. But we can all make a blunder. What I don't understand is this compensation. Sorry, but this ruins my experience and trust.

I wish evey if the players and the buyer of this pack the best. This is a game, and while I feel cheated and not properly taken care of, everyone will be different. Those happy to buy something that are ok with drastic changes, kudos. I am not that way. Cheers.
  • Pilot wrote: »
    I used my 500 on a chromium pack. Thought that would be just.
    Pulled a 4* Tarkin. Woot!

I got 12 Ugnaught shards...lol, used the rest on energy, got plenty of Barriss shards, and a few extra runs on the credit key card.
    Let's face it, can't please everyone. Some don't seem "happy" unless they're complaining. The matrix was designed for them...lol
    Now I'm going to go upgrade my Ug and wait for pepole to complain when it's op...lol
    "That is why you fail."
  • Great gesture from EA, you guys are lucky you got any compensation at all. Let's be honest here, anyone who purchased barriss was not entitled to anything, you also got several other characters from that pack.
    Barrok wrote: »
    Here's a question. If they gave 65 shards of barriss instead if anything else, would you want that?

Get her to 5. Would she be good enough?

I disagree. I bought Bariss only 2 days prior to the nerf. That's pretty lame.
  • Just request a refund all.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The compensation is just fine. Go back and review everything that was included in that bundle on top of Barriss. She got nerfed but in the same patch Ventress got a BIG ATK boost. So, very reasonable imho.
  • data90x wrote: »
    Just request a refund all.

As much as I feel like I want to, I probably won't for two reasons:
    1. I still have hopes that CG can right the ship by adjusting the reward or by balancing Barriss to be more useful than her current state.
    2. I feel like getting a refund would not be the ethical thing to do. Though if it came to that, I would just refund and reinvest it into crystals so CG doesn't technically lose the money I've provided.

I hope that CG can persuade me that they are trying to set things right though.
  • Kyuu2, I invested more than $300 in Crystals. And a good chunk went to gear Barris. If I could go back in time, and still know about the Barriss future neft, I'd have skipped the deal. How is offering me 500 Crystals called compensation.

If I could press a button to delete Barriss, and get back all the Crystals I used on her, I would do it without hesitation.
  • Well for one part ewok dude is right you guys dont deserve nothing with small brain you got from your parents and greedy education you got from them as well , they gave you pack for 50$ including not only barriss aswell you get gift and refund? Pathetic chunk of flesh you are like yoda would say.
    Blessed under a lie, Her last little weak "why?"
    The bloody end of a dream,
    She wears her crown on a head that's bowed deep down,
    The cry that she made was the cry of a dying child,
    Slit the throat and taste the cream!
  • 500 gems means nothing to me (remember that this is given to ptw and not ftp players). I desided to not buy any more hero packs after the nerf (not worth the risk). I was on the fence again when I heard that they actually cared enough to give a copmensation. Having now seen what it was, I will not be buying any more heroes. It was a nice but very hollow guesture by the devs
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I can't say whether the recompense was good or bad. The thing that I think is awesome is that ea listened to its players and took action.
  • A lot of free playing players here moaning about the compensation being too much.
  • Remember, you can always apply for a refund from Apple if you feel that the compensation in crystals was too poor. There is nothing keeping you from seeking that if you still feel that you've been wronged. You will not be banned, and if you were for some reason, you would be entitled to a full refund for every cent spent on the game. On the other hand, if you feel like you got your proper value from the purchase and don't want to be greedy, do not ask for a refund. It all comes down to what you feel you got out of it. She is still a strong character, despite people calling her unusable. Just fits a slightly different niche than Luminara.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Redan wrote: »
    Such a wonderfull and generous compensation. #not

My consequence at least will be that I will not buy any more packs. Well done@EA/CG

same here
    I never want crystals,i want my useful healer back and no
    the 25% was not OP.
    Luminara heals for 40+20%.
  • Kyuu2, I invested more than $300 in Crystals. And a good chunk went to gear Barris. If I could go back in time, and still know about the Barriss future neft, I'd have skipped the deal. How is offering me 500 Crystals called compensation.

If I could press a button to delete Barriss, and get back all the Crystals I used on her, I would do it without hesitation.

stop being so whiny...for us who spent thousands, are we gona complain too whenever the characters that we bring up gets nerf? Just be glad EA even give out 500 crystals as a goodwill.
  • data90x wrote: »
    A lot of free playing players here moaning about the compensation being too much.

How can a person that didn't pay anything complain about people that did pay...getting paid? Sounds fishy to me.
  • I said it before I'll say it again. Never will I spend another $ on this game! It's bad enough they killed barriss when she wasn't OP just because loads of f2p players didn't have her. Then to make matters worse they utterly insult us by giving 500 crystals.... I mean what are they thinking. Do they have any idea how much people invested into barris? I mean it sucks! They would have been better off simply saying sorry with no crystals as the tiny amount simply feels like a slap in the face. I imagine there all laughing in there office somewhere at our expense.

From now on I'm a f2p player only. I simply can not trust this company anymore!

PS. SC gave a 100% refund when they changed hero upgrade times from two weeks to one week. Not surprisingly they are the biggest game on OS and android. EA you should take note and learn from SC who put there customers first!
  • The following applies to me, and is my experience having bought the Barris pack: If I would've thought that the character would've been nerfed so drastically, and more importantly, in such a short amount of time, I would never have spent $50 on that pack. I wouldn't have purchased it, period. I wouldn't have dumped all the mats into her, or the training droids, or the crystals to farm those things. I didn't, and still don't, care about the rest of the pack. I don't care that the two other characters received a boost because even in their current form, I don't use them, period. So, to me, the argument that I have the contents of the pack and they're usable is irrelevant.

I would never have had those characters because I would never have purchased the pack. I wouldn't buy the pack as it is now to get those two buffed characters because I don't need them. I'm surprised more than anything, that they decided to give such a paltry amount of crystals as compensation in order to restore people's confidence in buying character packs.

Here's the way my mindset works in this situation: You treat me fairly, make me feel like I'm not being taken advantage of and I'll spend. I'll spend a lot, not on the order of the whales but you'll continually get my money for character packs and crystals. I won't buy packs because I could open a 100 and get nothing due to my luck. After the 500 crystal compensation, I won't be spending on this game, period. This is IMO, what started with not being offered Dooku, or the crystal subscription then having a character I spent a premium on being nerfed to a low tier character, has broken any trust I had that things would change.

So, by not being able to give even adequate compensation, the game has lost a paying customer. In the end, this compensation caters to the people complaining about Barriss which resulted in such a drastic nerf to begin with. If the compensation would've been a good, or great, one I can only imagine the cries of people complaining they didn't get anything.
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    Said no one....
    Loce wrote: »
    data90x wrote: »
    A lot of free playing players here moaning about the compensation being too much.

How can a person that didn't pay anything complain about people that did pay...getting paid? Sounds fishy to me.

What you're not understanding is that you guys are getting more advantages. You paid for your Barriss knowing that there was a chance of a nerf or buff, if you didnt you clearly were not informed. EA is kind enough to provide you with more advantages and your response is to lash out and complain? Talk about being ungrateful.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Why did you quote me ewok? I was just commenting on what data said about non paying players moaning. It sounds funny as
    **** to me if someone didn't pay anything and is trying to complain about the 500 crystals
  • I for one will not be purchasing any more packs after this Barris fiasco. 500 crystals is a nice gesture but I don't think it's what many expected after the headache this heroine pack nerf created.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Kisses to ewok <3
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • The compensation amounted to a 10% in-store credit of the original purchase price.

Underwhelming, but oh well. It's better than a middle finger, which is what a lot of other games offer in these sort of situations.