Boba lead, Any suggestions?

DanteD
15 posts Member
Hello!
I am going to be running Boba lead with Dengar, cadbane, greedo, and ig88, gear levels 12,12,10,9,9 respectively. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do in the event? I am modded for potency right now. Any help will be appreciated! Here is what I am working with.
http://swgoh.gg/squads/144362/

Replies

• If i were you i wouldn't be expecting to make it past tier 6, although with a little help from RNjesus you should be plenty good the event itself isnt hard its the way you play your cards one mess up in your grand scheme can wreck everything but keep high hopes.
  • Those gear levels are just wayyyyy too low for Greedo and 88 to live past tier 7 opening. Stack potency, defense, health and speed everywhere except Greedo type 2x times 6
  • Counts
    69 posts Member
    I'm gonna be trying it with the same team except gear levels 12boba, 12dengar, 12cad, 9greedo, and 11ig88. I was told to mod Boba with CC, CD, and the rest of the team with potency.
  • I came here looking to see if someone's feedback would be: "Switch to Bossk lead." but no one has. Well done everyone.
  • DanteD
    15 posts Member
    Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately, i do not have bossk. I do have some zetas, would boba/greedo be of any use with a zeta?
  • I used a boba lead to get him at 7*, and I had higher gear 11-12 for them all and a zeta on boba. My main advice on your squad would be to mod for speed, not potency. I tried potency to start, but switched to speed and had more success. I don’t think anything else is as important as the extra turns you get with speed. Just my 2 cents, good luck!
  • And ya, a zeta on boba is really helpful, if you can get the other’s gear up it’d be worth doing
    DanteD wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately, i do not have bossk. I do have some zetas, would boba/greedo be of any use with a zeta?

• DanteD
    15 posts Member
    Thanks drizzy, Ill try the boba zeta, and i should be able to get them all to at least 10, if not 11. When you modded for speed did you restart until greedo survived the initial onslaught? I would think that hed have a hard time surviving. Thanks!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I can't personally see Boba lead working well without Zam.
    She is the tm engine of that team.
    In general Boba lead needs Greedo, Zam, Dengar. Last spot is up for grabs. But without zam to pop tds the tm gain from them starts way too late to let you lay the smack down because you've already received it instead.

With Zam you want greedo 1 speed faster than her so he can drop his tds at start and then you can get on a long tm train with the TDs from dengar as well.
  • DanteD
    15 posts Member
    Ohh okay thanks for clearing that up. I had seen tips on using zam but didn’t really know how to implement. However I don’t have her at 7* so I’ll have to wait till next time if I can’t make it work. I’ll let you know if I can make it work! Thanks
  • DanteD
    15 posts Member
    Okay i've gotten 6*, but im unable to get 7*. With my potency up I don't have enough speed to take out chewie, but with high speed, i can take him out about 1/10 attempts, but my toons are usually dead soon after. any suggestion for how to manage after chewie is gone? i typically am going after han to try and trigger the contract.
  • Ya, keeping Greedo alive is important. Basically, you need IG88 to take the initial onslaught and keep the rest alive for at least one turn. Cad’s stun glove is helpful and you need to get lucky and have Greedo rattle off 4 or 5 shots in one turn. Just keep attempting and hopefully the RNG should work out.
    DanteD wrote: »
    Thanks drizzy, Ill try the boba zeta, and i should be able to get them all to at least 10, if not 11. When you modded for speed did you restart until greedo survived the initial onslaught? I would think that hed have a hard time surviving. Thanks!

• DanteD
    15 posts Member
    Hey Guys! Thanks for all the advice! I just got him. I had to zeta Boba, And I got my greedo up to gear 10 and left cad and ig88 where they were. Again much appreciated!