Why don't the devs have the decency to do this?

Obviously a mistake happened with Canderous gear level 7. You don't have to be a genius to know that stun guns, cuffs and furnaces are not supposed to be used pre gear level 8. This is the only character in the game and the fact that his level 8 is exactly the same is a clear indication that this was a mistake. The second scenario is that you guys decided to pull an experiment on the community for metrics and under the guise of a mistake you got data and feedback to see if you can pull this stunt on future characters.

Regardless of the reason, mistake or intentional, the decent thing to do is refund that gear to those who used it and restructure the level, or give every player who used the gear, a copy of those pieces and for those who haven't done it yet, make it so that once they reach gear level 7 it automatically fills up the slots.

I don't understand how a multi billion dollar company like EA and a multi million dollar company like CG could not have the decency to take such a tiny and insignificant hit, it's not like it is gear level 12 or 11 or something, it's 7.

Replies

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    It is what it is....they can set whatever gear requirements they see fit and it's up to the players to decide if they want to or not....I am not opposed to harder gear grinds on characters as it makes the game even more strategic on who you're going to gear. Of course whales will do regardless but even so it's not that big of deal. It's a game...either you enjoy it or you turn it into a chore and hate it at which point why even bother playing?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    What is immoral about this? The devs did nothing wrong. They can make the gear requirements whatever they feel like it

Canderous needs less stun guns , cuffs and furnaces in total than other toons that have those requirements at higher gear levels
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I don’t think anyone’s told you how they became multi million dollar companies yet...
  • Kokie wrote: »
    It is what it is....they can set whatever gear requirements they see fit and it's up to the players to decide if they want to or not....I am not opposed to harder gear grinds on characters as it makes the game even more strategic on who you're going to gear. Of course whales will do regardless but even so it's not that big of deal. It's a game...either you enjoy it or you turn it into a chore and hate it at which point why even bother playing?
    Ultra wrote: »
    What is immoral about this? The devs did nothing wrong. They can make the gear requirements whatever they feel like it

Canderous needs less stun guns , cuffs and furnaces in total than other toons that have those requirements at higher gear levels

I would accept this answer if gear 7 and 8 wasn't identical. This is clearly a mistake in the code or something like that. If they had even a single difference in the pieces I would see how that's not the case but you know it is. Their choice to change the currently established precedent is up to them, which would be another debate, however no character after Canderous has done that either. It's simply too obvious that this was a mistake and nothing more and unless a developer confirms that this was intended I won't take anyone else's word for it. This appears to be a clear example of the devs not taking responsibility and facing their own mistake, but instead passing it on to the players.
  • Except there was a comment already that this was intentional, when he was first released, so .. ..
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    It's fine. His overall gear requirements are pretty much the same
  • Except there was a comment already that this was intentional, when he was first released, so .. ..

Was a reason given? Because I don't think the devs would simply comment that it is intended without giving at least one reason or justification for it
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't understand the part where it is expected that the devs come up with a justification for the gear requirements.
  • He’s just backwards, hes really easy to gear after gear 9 instead of being easy at 7 and 8 also he’s still a good character why would they refund the gear?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    sometimes it really feels like some people are just picking topics at random and pretent to be upset about it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    sometimes it really feels like some people are just picking topics at random and pretent to be upset about it.

@leef
    I have a bad feeling about this. Feels like a clone account of someone...
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »

@leef

@leef @Huatimus it checks out.
    1aojfarz96ac.png
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Oh no! The Balding Head and the return of the infamous Peter Bahama!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I think he's got an obsession with B

B0untryHunter07
    BazeMalbus
    PeteBajama
    PeterBahama
    BaldingHead

And I don't know how many other Clone accounts he has. He's got more than enough to make an entire Clone Squad. :D

Seriously, the only thing indecent in this thread is the OP.
  • WickedWally
    30 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Lol somebody in my guild is bazemalbus, should I be worried?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

he's probably too worried someone finds his swgoh.gg profile to have the same name ingame as on the forum ;)
  • Huatimus wrote: »

@leef

1aojfarz96ac.png
    Nihion wrote: »

B0untryHunter07
    BazeMalbus
    PeteBajama
    PeterBahama
    BaldingHead

And I don't know how many other Clone accounts he has. He's got more than enough to make an entire Clone Squad. :D

he's probably too worried someone finds his swgoh.gg profile to have the same name ingame as on the forum ;)

Pretty bald claim especially when the only evidence you have is activity date. Now maybe you can go find all the people who joined the forum on March 19th and put them on the same "suspect" list.

The only thing indecent is how much time people spend digging the forum to find something to discredit those who they disagree with because they can't win the argument. Similar to how politics work today, once you're pinned in the corner with an argument you can't defeat, you go full detective on their lives to find something in their past to lower their credibility. Now prove your claim or **** please.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

@leef

1aojfarz96ac.png

B0untryHunter07
    BazeMalbus
    PeteBajama
    PeterBahama
    BaldingHead

Pretty bald claim especially when the only evidence you have is activity date. Now maybe you can go find all the people who joined the forum on March 19th and put them on the same "suspect" list.

The only thing indecent is how much time people spend digging the forum to find something to discredit those who they disagree with because they can't win the argument. Similar to how politics work today, once you're pinned in the corner with an argument you can't defeat, you go full detective on their lives to find something in their past to lower their credibility. Now prove your claim or **** please.

Challenge accepted.
  • Huatimus wrote: »

@leef

1aojfarz96ac.png

B0untryHunter07
    BazeMalbus
    PeteBajama
    PeterBahama
    BaldingHead

Why so serious bro. Everyone here just trying to have a good time. Stop sweating the little stuff.
  • Kyno wrote: »

@leef

1aojfarz96ac.png

B0untryHunter07
    BazeMalbus
    PeteBajama
    PeterBahama
    BaldingHead

Challenge accepted.

Get a life bro
  • ToranValos wrote: »

@leef

1aojfarz96ac.png

B0untryHunter07
    BazeMalbus
    PeteBajama
    PeterBahama
    BaldingHead

Why so serious bro. Everyone here just trying to have a good time. Stop sweating the little stuff.

People are going full Sherlock Holmes because they don't want to accept a different opinion, I'm chill, they are not
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Assuming you've blocked me (and probably a couple of the others) as I can't see the post the last few have quoted. It's "bold claim".

The Canderous thing really isn't an issue for me. If he didn't need it at gear 7 he'd need it later. As it stands it's plain sailing once gear IX is reached. They've also stated it is intentional.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    i guess that settles it, welcome back to the forum ;)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

@leef

1aojfarz96ac.png

B0untryHunter07
    BazeMalbus
    PeteBajama
    PeterBahama
    BaldingHead

Challenge accepted.

Get a life bro

You know that @Kyno runs this place right? And he can probably ban you, so I wouldn’t get too aggressive with him.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

@leef

1aojfarz96ac.png

B0untryHunter07
    BazeMalbus
    PeteBajama
    PeterBahama
    BaldingHead

Challenge accepted.

Get a life bro

You know that Kyno runs this place right? And he can probably ban you, so I wouldn’t get too aggressive with him.

nah, we are all playing nice right now. all in good fun.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

@leef

1aojfarz96ac.png

B0untryHunter07
    BazeMalbus
    PeteBajama
    PeterBahama
    BaldingHead

Challenge accepted.

Get a life bro

You know that Kyno runs this place right? And he can probably ban you, so I wouldn’t get too aggressive with him.

nah, we are all playing nice right now. all in good fun.

Hey, get a life bro. Let me argue!

Lol no Kyno you’re good and Baldinghead, I don’t know if you’re Peterbahama, and I don’t know if you have a balding head, but I’ve probably upset you in the past, and I just wanna say that I’m sorry, and you don’t have to pretend that it’s fine, because it’s not, and you’re gonna be okay