Not as hard as you think...

Spent 3 months preparing for this event terrified I wouldn’t make it in time. Realized that as a F2P player getting Dengar just wasn’t going to be possible in 3 months. Used the tokens for gear instead. When the event rolled around tonight I was 100% sure based on what people had said on the forums that I was going to really struggle to make it through.

Here’s the team I used : http://swgoh.gg/squads/150029/

Got 7* chewie on the first try. Kill order didn’t even matter at all.
Order of events:
- Boba gets hit with onslaught of preloaded TM. Loses protection and goes to half health. R2 stealths everyone
- Bossk goes first, frenzy R2. He is now the weakest enemy.
- Jango goes next, 2nd skill R2, no protection on R2.
- Greedo hits R2
- Han takes out Greedo
- Execute finishes R2
- Everyone is out of stealth now
- Chewie dies
- Rolo goes down
- Lando
- Han

I’ve seen people with better gear levels and with more zetas say they struggled lots on this event and I’m not sure how since I only had 2 g12s.

Happy with my new chewie, best of luck to you all trying to get him!

Replies

• Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Also beat tier 7 on my first try. Used the following:

zBossk, G12 (+0 pieces of gear), speed 256
    zBoba, G12 (+0), speed 243
    IG-88, G11 (+0), speed 211
    Jango, G9 (+1), speed 216
    Dengar, G9 (+0), speed 193

Only one who died was Dengar. IG-88 came close but ended the battle in the green due to HP and protection regeneration.

Kill order: Chewy, Han, Lando, Leia, R2
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    By the way, this event is nothing compared to the 3P0 event. Nothing.
  • Instead of creating another topic - i thought I'd chime in what worked for me as it easily did it the first time of asking

With my fully prepared team, Smashed 7* first time around after waiting so long with a 6* Chewie.

Used zBossk g12 lead, g12 Boba, g12 Jango ( they all had at least 1-2 g12 pieces as well, g11 Greedo, Dengar g10

https://swgoh.gg/p/689615268/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters
    ( Jango hasn't updated yet but i 7*ed him at daily reset and he has 6* [square/circle/cross]

I taunted, then hunting party on Chewie ( as R2 failed to stealth them thanks to Dengar), Greedo attacked him, Boba finished Chewie with execute.

Greedo used threaten on Han, then attacked him, Han killed Greedo and 1 more from Boba or Jango i forget, took him out.

Then I went for Leia as she had the contract on her, killed her R2 had the contract, Lando stealth. Hunting party on R2, contract activated - Boba/Jango/Bossk clean up.

I made sure Boba/Jango had 6* crit mods- and had their speed as fast as I could get them. Made sure my Bossk had speed mods/2 health mods for about 241 speed.

• Slaveen wrote: »
    By the way, this event is nothing compared to the 3P0 event. Nothing.

+1
  • Beat it with,
    Boba G12 Leader
    Dengar G9
    Greedo G11
    Cad Bane G11
    IG88 G11

All modded for potency except Boba who had an offense set and good speed. Got down to R2 and Lando a few times but died. Beat it after maybe 40-50 tries.

C3PO without Wicket and Logray was much harder.
  • Of course it wasn't that hard. You have both Bossk and Jango. Try beating it with the only the old bounty hunters. Took me 3 hours of restarts until RNG favored me with a win.
  • You all say this event isn’t that hard! I have a powerful bounty squad and I can’t even take one person out!
  • Jedi1366
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Now I lose two or three guys before I can even get an attack! This is so stupid! I've put so much time on my bounty hunters and I can’t even come close to taking out one guy! This and the C3PO event are making me not like the game anymore
  • had 20 odd attempts before winning with this team:http://swgoh.gg/squads/150050/
  • Bossk makes the event trivial.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    G12+0 zBossk, G12+0 Boba, G11+1 Jango, G11+0 Cad, G9+4 Greedo. 5th attempt.

Without Dengar I would simply restart if either: Han stunned Bossk with his opening, or R2 opened with Smokescreen his first turn. Or if both happened.

First time neither happened I was gold.

Also helped that on his next turn Han shrugged and gave more buffs to Chewie so Boba could "dispel" them as only Boba can.
  • Jedi1366 wrote: »
    Now I lose two or three guys before I can even get an attack! This is so stupid! I've put so much time on my bounty hunters and I can’t even come close to taking out one guy! This and the C3PO event are making me not like the game anymore

Post link to ur team.

I was in the same boat last time he came around. After giving up on 6* I farmed Jango and Bossk hard, got them to 7* g12 and it made a massive difference and i cleared at my first attempt. No hours of retries which pushes you to the brink of insanity and wanting to smash your mobile device into a million pieces.
  • Beat it with,
    Boba G12 Leader
    Dengar G9
    Greedo G11
    Cad Bane G11
    IG88 G11

All modded for potency except Boba who had an offense set and good speed. Got down to R2 and Lando a few times but died. Beat it after maybe 40-50 tries.

C3PO without Wicket and Logray was much harder.

Maybe, but wicket is easy to get and you can beat it without logray and only G10. I think most people found the gear requirements to be higher for Chewie than 3PO
  • Redd007
    56 posts Member
    Spent 3 months preparing for this event terrified I wouldn’t make it in time. Realized that as a F2P player getting Dengar just wasn’t going to be possible in 3 months. Used the tokens for gear instead. When the event rolled around tonight I was 100% sure based on what people had said on the forums that I was going to really struggle to make it through.

Here’s the team I used : http://swgoh.gg/squads/150029/

Got 7* chewie on the first try. Kill order didn’t even matter at all.
    Order of events:
    - Boba gets hit with onslaught of preloaded TM. Loses protection and goes to half health. R2 stealths everyone
    - Bossk goes first, frenzy R2. He is now the weakest enemy.
    - Jango goes next, 2nd skill R2, no protection on R2.
    - Greedo hits R2
    - Han takes out Greedo
    - Execute finishes R2
    - Everyone is out of stealth now
    - Chewie dies
    - Rolo goes down
    - Lando
    - Han

I’ve seen people with better gear levels and with more zetas say they struggled lots on this event and I’m not sure how since I only had 2 g12s.

Happy with my new chewie, best of luck to you all trying to get him!

Be assured that this is just pure RNG and is not something you cab guarantee happening each time

• 10 tries played for me (total of 66 to have good start - 45min) Bossk 12 Boba 12 Greedo 8 Cad 8 and Dengar 7. No need to god rng after initial attack. I made errors, two stuns failed, and lost boba just after eliminated chewie. I finished han and all the others with just bossk and bane. No enough dps against my bossk. And yes was another story for my c3p0 !!! Here as i am not a bh fan, i am happy to kept my 250 carbantis, 150 stun gun and others gear for others toons. Just after unlock, rush on my c3p0, finn and chewie to give them these saved gears :-)
  • 0dqijm96jcl9.png
    Beat it first try I know it's overkill but I wanted to finish my bounty hunter team
  • Bossk makes the event trivial.

Trivial? No.

A lot less prone to RNG? Yes.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Darthsm
    56 posts Member
    Did it on third try with no one at g12.
    G11 zbossk/zboba/jango, g10 dengar/cad bane.

First two tries they didnt attack dengar. Execute/hunting party killed chewy. Gg