Accidental in-app purchase not refundable?!

Hi @CG_SBCrumb

I was wondering if there’s any possibility to have an accidental in-app purchase of 16 Mission Val shards at 1,280 crystals refunded. I’ve contacted EA help and they are staring they are unable to help.

When scrolling through the shipments store on my iPhone I must’ve clicked, instead of making a swipe motion and right where it indicated “yes” to make the purchase. I have Val max and don’t need the shards but I do really need the 1200+ crystals back.

Please help.

Replies

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    pwnthenubs wrote: »
    Hi @CG_SBCrumb

I was wondering if there’s any possibility to have an accidental in-app purchase of 16 Mission Val shards at 1,280 crystals refunded. I’ve contacted EA help and they are staring they are unable to help.

When scrolling through the shipments store on my iPhone I must’ve clicked, instead of making a swipe motion and right where it indicated “yes” to make the purchase. I have Val max and don’t need the shards but I do really need the 1200+ crystals back.

Please help.

I'd try to open up another ticket. Tell the Customer Support person that you had an "accidental purchase" of a character you already had at 7*. It was not intentional, and tell them exactly how many crystals you lost. Some players have success with these kinds of tickets, and others don't.

I don't understand the situations in which they won't refund the costs, but I think it usually comes down to a lack of understanding on the CS representative's behalf.

Maybe try the online chat function instead of a phone call?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/how-to-contact-support-for-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes/
  • I've done this a few times sadly either app open in pocket or whatever, never gotten anything back.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I assume that it might be hard to justify, not to say that you’re lying, but you may have verify somehow that you spent the crystals.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    I assume that it might be hard to justify, not to say that you’re lying, but you may have verify somehow that you spent the crystals.
    That’s why they have game logs for. They can check back and track what has and hasn’t been spent.
  • I recently had a similar issue with EA and the outcome was less than satisfactory.

I had my phone unlocked in my pocket (agreed this is my fault as the lock function has been malfunctioning) and when taking it out accidently purchased a Droideka bundle as 1,299 crystals resulting in a whopping 7 shards!

I contacted EA to make them aware of the issue (something which probably could be avoided if they added in a confirmation button in after spending crystals, similar to when adding a zeta to a character, not a bad idea if I don't say so myself). I ended up raising the ticket 3 times, being asked to re raise as a different incident category, but using the same one each time. After a week I became tired of this and instead spoke to an advisor online. The advisor offered me 650 crystals back, which seems a bit shoddy but better than nothing, and against although not the solution I was looking for I graciously accepted.

The crystals never arrived in my inbox and after speaking to another advisor the day afterwards he told me that he could see from his end that they had been sent and there was nothing further he could do. End of it all I ended up losing 1,299 crystals and received a compensation offer of 650 which I also never received.

I was previously spending £50-£100 a month on the game and had a nice budget I was planning to whale on Darth Revan, instead this just persuaded me to go totally free to play.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Opening a support ticket and possibly directing messaging CG_SBCrumb are you best avenues to try and resolve these issues. It never hurts to follow up.
This discussion has been closed.