Who should I farm? I think I fell behind in my shard.

https://swgoh.gg/p/569912387/characters/ is my main account. I didn't realize how much it would hurt me to not farm Bastilla, Revan, and Drevan and so I don't have any of these characters, or the people to get them. I fear I have fallen behind in arena and need advice to catch back up. i struggle to stay under 500 in arena.

I believe I am ready for CLS, I have an almost all gold empire squad, and I am pretty far along in farming for the JTR Vets. I have farmed 7* Vet Chewie and Vet han to 4*. My Shard started sometime last July or August I believe. (9 months or so)

My guild wants me to focus on NS because it will help us get to HSTR. (We are Tier 6)
In order to do that successfully I need a higher crystal income from better arena placement. I am wondering from my current roster, if I should continue farming for JTR, strengthen one of the other teams I have already been working on (look at my roster before answering this please) or change directions all together and go for the meta. Starting for DR or Revan!

I ONLY WANT ADVICE TO HELP ME IN ARENA FOR NOW PLEASE.

Pretty much what would you do if you were me! Where should my focus be!

Thanks for the help in advance.

Replies

• I would farm sion and nihilus and use them with palp(L) thrawn and vader...but i don't know if that is the best solution you could also go for jedi(bastila/jolee/revan) with these 3 you have a good core and as a bonus they are great in the sithraid...you probably don't even need to gear mission zaalbar and T3 up that far because the event is super easy...gear7 on them and gear 10 or better on the Jedi are more then enough
  • You can use Ezra and old Ben with them and later you change that with gmy and GK...but is I first said I would farm sith...i use 5* Nihilus zSion on gear 10 and gear 12 Vader zPalp zThrawn and can get into the top 100 sometimes
  • So Sith, then go for Revan?
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Farm Darth revan, you'll get bastila fallen on the way.

Climb to top 200 with zpalp lead, bastila fallen, etc.
  • Dr is not really good in HSTR
  • Bossk and Jango.
    So you unlock Chewie along with CLS; with R2, you nearly have a really good team for arena.
    Next 3PO, but need ewoks (don't farm Logray).
  • I see a couple options:
    1. Old republic. This will take a while, since you have like none, but will provide basically the best all around team (JKR).
    2. Bossk and Jango. This will allow you to unlock Chewie. You’ve already got dengar, so you won’t need god-mods and G12+ (can probably make it with g10/11). They are also both hard nodes, which mean you can farm vet solo/Finn at the same time from the cantina. That way you can also unlock JTR. You arena team won’t be as good as JKR I’m offense, but JTR, BB8, R2, Chewie and Solo can take down weaker JKR teams on offense (locked in healing immunity is a hard counter to Savior and BB8 will help you get the first move against faster teams).
  • Thank you guys! These are great options. I was stumped. I like the idea of getting Chewie and JTR since i already have a good BB8 and R2.
  • What's your objective for arena? Is it to place in the top 10 or is top 50 ok?

JKR is fine for top 50 right now, provided you can be active around your PO and have the mods to prevent significant drops. JKR is a much easier event and as another poster pointed out, you really only need to invest a lot of gear into the two jedi you'll be using anyway. They're also a really good HSTR squad for P2.

Darth Revan presents a better arena opportunity right now, but is in no way equivalent to JKR in his heyday as far as arena dominance goes. I don't think you could go wrong with either approach. Some other thoughts:
    • Your empire team is an easy target for any Bastila led team comp. Sion and DN aren't going to change that. You will need Traya in your team before they become indispensable members of a squad.
    • CLS is a great toon that is actually arena viable into the 20s (and beyond with the right mods). But you need Chewy and 3PO, which means you need Ewoks and BH, which is a massive investment.
    • Revan is a four toon farm. (Carth, Canderous, Bastila, Juhani). HK comes from the squad store. You'll have to do some math to make sure you can get him in time based on your squad token income.
    • You might have time to get the DR requirements in time for his next event (assuming 3 to 5 months). You definitely have to gear those toons, but you have time to do it before the next event.

Also, I wouldn't imagine there are a ton of Falcons on your ships shard, if you can find a comp to get into the top 20, or even 10, in fleet your crystal income goes way up which makes this whole project move a lot more quickly.
  • I am F2P so while top ten would be great, it probably isn't realistic for quite a while. so lets say top 50 in Arena is my goal. When you say falcon, just to clarify, which one are you talking about hahahahaha @cannonfodder_iv
  • On my shard the top 100 is almost entirely JKR and DR, with a couple NS and Traya teams mixed in.

JKR and NS are both top tier teams in the sith raid. So I suggest one of those. Although I will warn you that keep NS in the top 100 will need god mods and a lot of effort on your part.
  • If your guild needs teams for hstr, JTR is needed for phase 1. With the new rework on Finn, my guild, even without C3P0, are doing 1-2 million more now, or another ~2% damage in phase 1. From my experience phase 1 and 3 are the worst for guildsto clear, so NS wouldn't be a bad choice either.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Looks like you’ll get Luke during his next event. Your next closest legendary character is probably Chewbacca. I know his event is running now, but if you focus on getting your bounty hunters ready and geared, you’ll be able to get him next time. Luke, raid Han, & Chewie are a fantastic combination and the foundation of a really good arena team. While you farm bounty hunters for Chewbacca, you can also farm their ships to get Han’s Millenium Falcon, which currently defines the fleet meta.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Jppc wrote: »
    I don’t think you should farm sion and nihilus first, they are good but this team isn’t meta or even last meta...if I were you I would farm for JKR or DR. JKR and DR work amazing in arena AND in HSTR so you’d help yourself and your guild.

Might be true, but since the update to Fastilla, the team of EP (L), Sion, Nihilus, Fastilla, Thrawn easily competes with JKR and DR in squad arena. As long as the Revan meta is around (another 6 months?), you can be viable in Arena by farming Sion, Nihilus, and Fastilla while also making progress towards Darth Revan.

While Chewie is amazing, you won't crack top 50 with that rebel team without a certain golden Goldenrod (meaning, if you go this route, plan to have to farm a G11/10 full ewok team, in addition to the aforementioned Bounty Hunters).

Personally, I think you go for DR because it will provide you the short term boost to rank that you're looking for (even a 3/4* Sion, Nihilus, and Fastilla will get you into top 200 easily) as well as working towards a long-term meta character. Farm Sion, Nihilus, Fastilla, Juhani with ds/ls energy. Canderous in Cantina. Carth with fleet energy.
  • I'm struggling to stay in top 1k in my arena. I was running FO but they slipped so I swapped to 12 EzPz, 10 zader, 10 zzthrawn, 10 GMT, supported by 12Kru whilst I farm Sion to take his place.
    Last night dropped 500 placed to 1100 range. There are now squads in 8-900 range running JKR, Traya, amongst a sea of zBas and EP siths. I now hunt for weaker looking jedi, NS or BH; but it's getting harder to stay afloat.
    Just about to finish Cassian farm, then need IG for Falcon. But probs gonna give up on arena for a while until get some super meta toon farmed.

Brief subtext to this post is whether JKR can be skipped? It'll take a while to farm OR and I'm conscious I could get him just as he gets toppled. But, he's outlived the grevous update, and jury out on DR?

So, what do people think? JKR or DR?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    When checking your mods on your arena team, I see you have quite a bit of work to do:

Yes, speed sets are great - especially on key characters like Thrawn and Vader - but without good speed secondaries they are mediocre at best.

You're missing out on key primary stats in several slots, f.ex. having defensive primaries on your damage dealers' triangles and crosses.

I'd recommend to stay the course towards CLS and JTR but from there on, you would have several paths to choose from. Revan(s), Chewie and 3P0 can be unlocked in any order you prefer to suit your needs.

I don't quite understand why your guild requires you to farm a NS team. Yes, they are great for hSTR p3/p4, but you don't need many teams to beat those phases and you have a looong way to go to have a strong team. Surely there must be other members, who are closer to having viable teams?
    (Yes, NS do decently in p4 even without Talzin, but it's still a quite... disabled team. And useless for p3 without Talzin).
  • @SkillKing There's only one Falcon that matters in fleet arena, and it's event returns next week. F2P isn't an excuse. I play three accounts, two are F2P and are both top 50 / 20 in squad and both placed #1 in fleet yesterday. You can consistently maintain good ranks as an F2P with proper planning, discipline, and understanding that you can't chase every meta and will probably be one generation behind the meta, unless you completely guess.

After awhile, the team comps all become consistent on a shard and as @Waqui rightly pointed out, mods start to become the distinction. People will complain about "luck" with mods, but the only luck involved with mods is how much energy you decide to spend on them. (s an aside,check out more of waqui's posts if you're learning the game; there is a significant amount of wisdom in them.

As far as JKR vs DR vs CLS goes:
    • The barrier to entry for CLS is too high for you. You need to build two very good squads in BH and Ewoks (and even Ewoks are no sure thing without Logray and Wicket, and Logray can be a very long farm). And CLS needs very good mods to beat reasonably modded Revan teams.
    • JKR is the easiest farm and has the lowest event requirements. You can carry a good JKR team into top ranks for now, provided you have a good plan to counter DR at the top of the shard, which means you need the mods to support it. JKR also has the benefit of being one of the top scoring HSTR raid teams - albeit in P2 where not a lot of guilds need the help.
    • Darth Revan is the current meta and probably has the longest tenure for arena dominance ahead of him compared to everyone else. The next event is between three and four months away if past patterns hold (which they largely have to varying degrees). You will have to gear BSFand HK47 for the event and they're necessary parts of the team. Juhani is a bit of wasted gear which is the single downside to the event.

Your original question was related to farming for squad arena. DR is the answer to that question. In the short term, as another poster pointed out, BSF's rework has made zEP squads viable again. I would farm and gear her now.

Again, I wouldn't sleep on fleet. You're a long way from adding 100 crystals to your daily income from squad arena - you'd be surprised how easy that is in fleet.
  • Agree with the above poster. Go for JKR and make fleet your #1 priority. Once you can take #1 daily in fleet (not that hard), everything will become easy from there on in.

I focused fleet and after some time now take #1 daily in both arenas. 100% FTP.

Fleet is the gold mine.
  • Empire is a decent team though I would start farming Shoretrooper
    The team I’d recommend is Palpatine with Leader Zeta, Vader, Thrawn with Ebb and Flow Zeta’d, GMT, and Shoretrooper.
  • Bossk and Jango.
    So you unlock Chewie along with CLS; with R2, you nearly have a really good team for arena.

WHAT??? Why would you tell him to not farm Logray?
  • Bossk and Jango.

WHAT??? Why would you tell him to not farm Logray?
    Seriously, Why? Logray is very good in 3P0 event.