Make Galactic War Great Again

Prev1
For those of you who have yet to achieve the ability to sim the galactic war, the reduced difficulty in galactic war is great.

For those of us who have the ability to sim and most likely end game players, it is not that great. While it is convenient to sim everything, those of us at the end game are looking for a playground to test out new teams. Without test accounts, there is limited space to do this, especially given the easy difficulty of GW currently.

Why not make the galactic war tough for those of us having completed it 150 times or whatever the requirement is? Throw in teams that are difficult or comps that we don't expect so we can test and get creative.

NS + Nest
CLS Han Chewie R2 C3PO
Q'ira smuggler team
FO w/full zetas
BH (jango, zammy, bossk lead mixup)
Traya/palp
Dr. Evan (Darth Revan)
JKR
Carth

random comp of toons no one expects to go together but CG secretly knows will work great

Time to put on my MGWGA hat.

Replies

• That's not making Galactic War great AGAIN....you're asking for a totally new mode. Galactic War was never great....it has always been a chore or a bore. But I'm down for some kind of mythic GW mode where you take 1 team and run through a gauntlet of tough teams, as far as you can get.
  • Please read one of the multiple threads about this topic instead of creating a new one.
  • @DarkHelmet1138 got a link for me?
  • Try using the search function. You might be surprised how well that works.
  • That other guy is a doosh so ill answer you
    They already told us no
    No test arena
    No cool sandbox mode
    Nothing
    They dont want gaw since u can retreat and play all day if you want
    You may notice all the other modes have a certain requirement if you want to play it more
    Thats how it is
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Resorting to name calling when I’m providing an answer that most forum questions can be answered with...
  • That other guy is a doosh so ill answer you

Straight to the point I see....
  • DarkHelmet wrote: »
    Resorting to name calling when I’m providing an answer that most forum questions can be answered with...

It's your approach. You could offer a more helpful and constructive means to someone than you did. Your wording came off as arrogant and deconstrutive.
  • He insults then gets upset about name calling. Pot meet kettle.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1822043/#Comment_1822043

One year ago, in April 2018, they said its a low priority for them to introduce a hard mode GW. I hope they are prioritizing it again, and introduce a Ships Galactic War
    Resorting to name calling when I’m providing an answer that most forum questions can be answered with...

Then why didn't you? If you had answered how OsirisReborn answered, that would've been much more helpful. Or perhaps you didn't have the answer at all too...

Then why didn't you? If you had answered how OsirisReborn answered, that would've been much more helpful. Or perhaps you didn't have the answer at all too...

I think everyone misinterpreted Mr. Helmet. I dont believe he was being rude. It's just that this topic has been resurrected more times than NS Zombie and after seeing the same question 5742 times it just gets....disconcerting.

There is a search bar. It's just helping yourself to it. Old forumers arent going to do your homework for you. It's just lazy posting.

None of this is meant as a personal attack, please dont get triggered.
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/search

This should answer all of your questions. By all means though, continue to ask the same questions time after time though ;)

Was that better?
  • I think the game type you’re looking for is Grand Arena.
  • Why does everyone assume that people should ask questions should do research first? If you don't like it, then don't waste your time responding without a constructive post because it's not going to go away.
  • Options. Will make all these modes better.

3 options for gw- sim. Easy. Very difficult.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    It would be fun to see the mode get tweaked, like they did for TW. Throw in some challenges, like each day there's something that will get you a bonus bit of loot if you can accomplish:

* Beat the thing only using Faction X
    * Win with a can't-get-no-love toon on your squad throughout the GW (CUP, Mob boss, etc.)
    * Win with 4 or fewer toons on your squad for all 12 battles
    * Make it through the whole thing with a single squad
    * Win a certain number of the battles without the enemy squads getting a single turn
    * Win a certain number of the battles without any of your toons getting damaged
    * Surprise replacement of a node with a mini-raid, like your own personal rancor or tank
  • I have been playing almost since launch and I like the galactic war the way it is thank you. It **** before and almost had me quitting the game. It was stupid hard for free to play players. I like it the way it is.
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    I have been playing almost since launch and I like the galactic war the way it is thank you. It **** before and almost had me quitting the game. It was stupid hard for free to play players. I like it the way it is.

Can you not sim it now? Why not have it be extremely difficult when if you fail a battle you can just sim it and get the rewards.
  • I have been playing almost since launch and I like the galactic war the way it is thank you. It **** before and almost had me quitting the game. It was stupid hard for free to play players. I like it the way it is.

I'm F2P. Galactic War is waaaaaaay too easy. I can't even test squad combinations without accidentally killing everything.

GW was advertised way back as a "grueling marathon" that was not supposed to be easy. According to the original ambitions, the feature is currently broken.

I'm F2P. Galactic War is waaaaaaay too easy. I can't even test squad combinations without accidentally killing everything.

GW was advertised way back as a "grueling marathon" that was not supposed to be easy. According to the original ambitions, the feature is currently broken.

See - I don't understand this.

What squad combinations? What's the toon gear levels? What mods?

I've been working on my Imperial Troopers, and just today they were able to win all the way thru.

Seems to me if you're testing squads that are still in development (not zeta, g6-8, maybe not full stars), GW still works, especially at the later stages. If you're testing your G12 zeta toons, well, you already know they work (hopefully) because you clearly invested a lot of resources into maxing them.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • No...I don't need GW back. It was annoying and pointless. It is not even proper battling because switching the order of your characters would change the outcome.

Just give us a proper intraguild sandbox.

I dont know how long you have played but GW got nerfed about a year ago. Before that...GW was a serious pain because the last few battles could be OP and you don't get the best rewards. GW rewards are largely irrelevant now but it was a serious pain mid-game.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Is Grand Arena not enough? Seems too many people just have too much time.

Maybe those asking for it want to test the validity of a team for use in ga without the loss. Why do you can if others want to waste their time in a game....
  • DarthSide_158
    20 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    No...I don't need GW back. It was annoying and pointless. It is not even proper battling because switching the order of your characters would change the outcome.

Just give us a proper intraguild sandbox.

This is exactly what I am looking for, however, I don't think they will do this.
    Austin9370 wrote: »

And the reason why GA isn't enough is because you can only test teams insofar as 1) your opponent has the teams you are hoping to test against, 2) they have the same and/or superior mods/gear on these characters, 3) you predict right on they just happen to set them on defense. So many variables must magically occur for the process to work as intended.

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »

You could either try to beat it or sim it. I personally would be probably sim most of the time. But I also think it would be cool to test a theory every now and then without it affecting from GA.

As far as time goes we all have the same 24 hours a day, some people just use it differently. Neither way is right or wrong. No need to polarize it.

See - I don't understand this.

What squad combinations? What's the toon gear levels? What mods?

I've been working on my Imperial Troopers, and just today they were able to win all the way thru.

Seems to me if you're testing squads that are still in development (not zeta, g6-8, maybe not full stars), GW still works, especially at the later stages. If you're testing your G12 zeta toons, well, you already know they work (hopefully) because you clearly invested a lot of resources into maxing them.

Why would I test squad combinations for low level characters with weak gear? Regardless of the outcome, the squads are still unusable in game.

I want to test squad combinations in minimum gear 8 settings. To see how characters interact with higher gear squads. I want to choose selectively which characters to invest gear resources in.

You're not providing anything. You are in fact.... resorting to name calling. You're just hiding behind passive aggression. Is it so hard to link a related conversation for him, rather than suggesting he's an **** for not having searched for them? Pathetic, man.