For crying out loud, who do I need?

G12 Bossk, Boba, Greedo, XI Zam and Dengar. Now, if I drop Zam, who do I work on for the next 3 months to replace. Aurra, Embo, Jango? I've been sitting there for 40 minutes getting my butt handed to me inside of 1 minute each time, the ONE time I had hope, Chewie AOEd everyone to death.

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    You have them all at G11-12 with Dengar and Bossk and you can't get close? That's fine, character-wise. I'm guessing your mods need a lot of work.

Also, are you waiting for a run where Dengar stealths and prevents Smoke Screen from working? That's the whole reason you need Dengar, so you can kill Chewie off the bat.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Yes I know that. I don't have God-Tier speed everywhere mods.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    I only had +60-75 speed on all 5. Not God-tier by any stretch. No Dengar. G9 Greedo instead.

You don't so much need speed as you do proper survivability. The match is pretty much determined after the first few turns.

Protection primaries on all circles. On the cross for Dengar, Bossk, Greedo. Or all 5 if you're still struggling. Protection on the triangle for Bossk, too.
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Maybe I should try Boba lead, I dunno. It's just frustrating. If you've taken the time to build up the chars, it shouldn't require RNG giving you green lights for 3 blocks in order to win. If you've done 50 fights and MAYBE gotten halfway there on just one....I think it's over-tuned.
  • Why 2 threads?

On topic: you are doing something very wrong. Bossk lead, dengar everyone with ok gear and still get wrecked?
    100% this is mods.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Zeta on bossks lead helps a bunch. Focus on boosting everyone's protection. And turn order matters. Fastest bossk, use taunt. Then boba use execute on chewie. Then bossk calls everyone to assist on chewie.
  • 90% of the fight is killing Chewie. Once he is dead things are easy.
  • Onslow
    67 posts Member
    I'm running zzJango, zBoba, zDengar, Greedo, IG and they're all g12+. I've killed Chewy a few times but that doesn't make it any easier, everyone still gets rolled over. I've ran this ridiculous event well over 100 times today alone. This event is pathetic. I've moved mods, upgraded mods, ruined mods, forgotten where mods were before...you name it with mods and I've done it. I've even followed youtubers advice and matched them or exceeded their mods. I've even tried them all as leaders. This event is 100% rng based and if rng doesn't like you then you will never win.
  • EricsonX wrote: »
    G12 Bossk, Boba, Greedo, XI Zam and Dengar. Now, if I drop Zam, who do I work on for the next 3 months to replace. Aurra, Embo, Jango? I've been sitting there for 40 minutes getting my butt handed to me inside of 1 minute each time, the ONE time I had hope, Chewie AOEd everyone to death.

Really look at your mods. All you've said so far is that you don't have god-tier mods; I had lower gear levels than you and left my standard BH mods on (they were a B-team for me) and I still cleared it in around 10 tries.

As long as dengar gets critted initially you should be able to do it.

I had Cad instead of Zam, which helped greatly for his stun. Not sure if that's why it was much easier for me.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • It may be tough to tell, but the enemy leader is ROLO, so your enemies gain a significant amount of turn meter every time you debuff them. That means Zam is mostly dead weight, since both of her specials hurt you more than they help. Still doable with her, just less ideal than Cad (whose special will remove turn meter, buffs, and stun). I’d say a G9/10 Cad would probably be more useful than a G11 Zam, particularly since he has a good amount of protection. If you have him, I’d sub him in. If not, keep trying, but maybe alter your strategy to avoid mass debuffs (from dengar, Boba or Zam) unless you absolutely need the health/protection to survive.
    TLDR: avoid detonators/mass debuffs, they will feed enemy TM.
  • EricsonX wrote: »

Really look at your mods. All you've said so far is that you don't have god-tier mods; I had lower gear levels than you and left my standard BH mods on (they were a B-team for me) and I still cleared it in around 10 tries.

As long as dengar gets critted initially you should be able to do it.

I had Cad instead of Zam, which helped greatly for his stun. Not sure if that's why it was much easier for me.

I also had Cad instead of Zam, lower gear levels on Cad, Greedo and Dengar (10,9,8 respectively I think). Cad special hits through foresight on top of the stun.

+1 on Bossk zeta lead recommendation if you don’t already have it.

The one switch I made that took me from RNG hell to instant win was adding some tenacity on Bossk’s mods to prevent him from being stunned so he could get his taunt up. That might have just been luck after the switch though.
  • StarSon
    7409 posts Member
    Definitely the hardest Legendary yet, and the 2nd most unfun event they've ever created (after the Thrawn Mythic).

That is largely the right team, but you need zetas on Bossk or you should use Boba lead. Bossk lead is all about survivability, so like others said you should try for 2 or 3 protection primaries. Though I would suggest setting your arena mods into loadouts and using those before going too in depth.
  • Had zzBossk 12, Boba 12, Greedo 11, plus G8 Zam and Cad that died quick. All about the RNG opening and getting Chewie dead. Make sure exhaust Bossk taunt right before enemies attack the 2nd time.
  • This event is impossible!!! I’m almost ready to quit this game
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    EricsonX wrote: »
    Yes I know that. I don't have God-Tier speed everywhere mods.

Speed will not make you move during the initial blast from the enemy. They key is to have Bossk survive it without being stunned, having full crit dmg. + offense on Boba, high crit chance on Greedo etc.

.... and go easy on the AoE until ROLO is gone.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    EricsonX wrote: »
    Maybe I should try Boba lead, I dunno. It's just frustrating. If you've taken the time to build up the chars, it shouldn't require RNG giving you green lights for 3 blocks in order to win. If you've done 50 fights and MAYBE gotten halfway there on just one....I think it's over-tuned.

'correct' modding wil make this far less frustrating. (You already have a strong team composition and gear).
  • **** this game
  • I had

zBossk lead
    zBoba
    Zam
    Cad
    Dengar

Its juat depends on how the first volley goes. You need the following:

-Dengar to block R2D2 stealtg
    - Bossk to NOT get stunned and Taunt as fast as possible
    - Execute, and keep Chewys TM low
    - pile on the thermals
    - use Cad to stun Chewy and R2D2

If all that's fits then you've got a pretty good shot. Take out Chewy then Han and you're good. It so much as what you need but more the conditions you need in order to win.

If Bossk can't taubt or gets stunned then just restart. If Dengar fails to block R2D2s stealth just restart.
  • I had the similar lineup with IG88. Zbossk g12 rest g11. I failed over 50 times with Bossk lead. I changed to Bobba lead and changed to potency mods and after 15 tries or so I managed it.
    Keep trying.
    Good luck!
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    It's simple with Bossk. Not sure how people are failing outside of improper modding:

Everyone gets a +protection circle. Bossk gets +protection on circle, cross, and triangle. If gear levels are a bit lower then throw +protection crosses on the other 4. Depending on who you're running it's usually crit damage triangles on the rest, possibly crit chance on Greedo.

As long as you have at least +60 or more speed on each it should be over pretty quick. With Dengar it becomes even easier as you don't have to restart if he prevents smokescreen. Only have to restart if Bossk gets hit with the opening.
  • How low can you go...

zn3z0q828glw.jpg
    Boba lead victory
    jr70dvokk08d.jpg

Boba was fastest. Everyone had speed and potency primaries. I had to tweak speed so someone (jango) immediately followed Bossk. Taunt-special (shrapnel) - hunting party combo on Chewie.
    Of course, setup had to be dengar stealthed. Bossk not stunned.