Yoda gains bonus turn meter despite HK's zeta

2Next

Replies

• Woodroward wrote: »
    No, HK's zeta was created as a hard counter to 3p0.
    Yep, I’m regularly struggling against 3PO teams giving massive amounts of turn meter to his galactic republic allies.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    It's written in English and in English, that would mean it happens afterwards.
    It's a multinational game, so more effort should be put into the wording and translations.

Learning how they word things is the way to go, not trying to push your meanings on them. And their parlance is also common and accurate in common English. It's your personal vernacular that has it means something other than what it does, not common English.

While I appreciate your insight on the mechanics, your interpretation that this is standard English is dubious.

Generally when events are described, it's the case that they take place in chronological order and each sentence precedes the next.

I went out with my friends. We had dinner. I came home.

The dog bit me. I went to the hospital.

It's by no means the norm that things occur simultaneously unless explicitly stated otherwise.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Issue is that some abilities are worded a similar way yet have a different order of priority.

As others have mentioned the increased complexity of abilities really does require them to start wording them in such a way that the order of priority is clear. This would remove all ambiguity and clearly inform players how abilities function.

Coincidently it might also help game devs as there has been a number of bugs recently confirmed where the order of priority and the ability description don’t match.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Woodroward wrote: »
    No, HK's zeta was created as a hard counter to 3p0.
    Yep, I’m regularly struggling against 3PO teams giving massive amounts of turn meter to his galactic republic allies.

3p0 gives himself bonus prot when he uses OMG so it neutered the zfinn team from being able to beat Darth Revan. Not that it's an issue anymore. Darth Revan already had more than enough options to deal with Jedi though.
  • The description in game is written as is because no TM gain is involved at ability level one and is added in the description as you level it up.

The order of which it appears as stated In the mechanics section on swgoh.gg is that the TM gain is applied before the buffs are gained and spread.
  • Here i believed, naively, that the order of sentences gave the order of actions...
    Anyway, they are reviewing this so we should get the official clarification within this year.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Woodroward wrote: »
    It's written in English and in English, that would mean it happens afterwards.
    It's a multinational game, so more effort should be put into the wording and translations.

Learning how they word things is the way to go, not trying to push your meanings on them. And their parlance is also common and accurate in common English. It's your personal vernacular that has it means something other than what it does, not common English.

While I appreciate your insight on the mechanics, your interpretation that this is standard English is dubious.

Generally when events are described, it's the case that they take place in chronological order and each sentence precedes the next.

I went out with my friends. We had dinner. I came home.

The dog bit me. I went to the hospital.

It's by no means the norm that things occur simultaneously unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Standard English only dictates an order when explicitly stated unless telling a story. That isn't the case here. It's a description, not a story.

People take all kinds of short cuts in local vernacular, but they often cause problems with common English
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • This is also important in T3’s Kit as well. His ability describes removing TM first, but turns out he actually applies the debuffs first, which renders the TM removal irrelevant. I was extremely disappointed to learn this just now, as I was planning on using that TM removal to help with DR mirror matches against faster opponents.
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    This is also important in T3’s Kit as well. His ability describes removing TM first, but turns out he actually applies the debuffs first, which renders the TM removal irrelevant. I was extremely disappointed to learn this just now, as I was planning on using that TM removal to help with DR mirror matches against faster opponents.

This has been reported and referred to game devs for review last I saw. There’s another bug with this ability and foresight too.