Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Prev13456737
ShaolinPunk
3486 posts Moderator
edited April 2019
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes,

In a future update we will be changing Hard Nodes back to 5 attempts per refresh. This was temporarily increased with the launch of Mods 2.0 to help players earn Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan.

Now that players have had a chance to earn these characters and players will have had much more time to unlock the prerequisite characters in future events, we will be returning back to 5 attempts per refresh.

We will also be reducing the Crystal price of Mod Salvage in shipments with the next update. This will still be a slightly more expensive way to obtain Mod Salvage compared to farming it from the nodes but a more convenient way to get those materials quickly.

Original Post (LINK)
**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Prosser
    278 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Well that's bull excrement, ya let's go backwards and make things harder for new players to ever catch up. Making the gap bigger is not a good idea. If a new player can never catch up with out spending huge amounts of money then most wont waste their time.
    Post edited by Prosser on
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    giphy.gif
  • First you sneak in the Millenium Falcon event which was not on the April event calendar, now you reduce the number of attempts again...
    Are you so desperate for money that you attempt to milk the community for each and every cent you can?
    Really, quite a low blow !
  • This is absolutely ridiculous. It already takes 124 days to farm a character to 7* at 8/day. Making it 198 days is a bit excessive. The time to build a toon is already limited by available energy. Why also limit opportunity in another way?
  • Because reasons.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Winddancer wrote: »
    First you sneak in the Millenium Falcon event which was not on the April event calendar

Whoa, can't be mad at them when they already told us the cadence. First return is only announced with a one week notice.
  • A lot of people in my guild are moving on to that other game.... it’s sad but it’s happening people.
  • Just wow... 🙄
  • Tezza23
    88 posts Member
    1 shard in 24 attempts , looking forward to getting 0 from 15
  • Seems to me they aren't making enough $$$. It takes so long to farm characters. I guess people have been storing too many free crystals and this upsets the whales......
  • Unnecessary change
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    What other game? Also SW?

Love the bubble-blowing Vader BTW.
  • LazyPerfection
    13 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Wow this one sucks.

Takes approx 990 attempts to 7*, at 8/day that was 124 days, a little over four months now it will be 198 days, which is over 6.5 months.
  • Apparently people have had long enough to farm the Darth Revan toons. Why then why did we get 3 times as long to farm the Jedi Revan toons. Also didn’t account for having to gear the Darth Revan toons as the event is much harder than the light side counterpart
  • Yep, first time I've actually been **** over something in this game
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I think there is a LOT of frivolous complaining on these forums. But I'm on board with this one. Bad move by CG.
  • egtrip
    23 posts Member
    maybe they are hoping players farming gear with crystals for new characters released
  • Hey, you know that change we made that one time? The one that you liked? Turns out too many people loved it, so we're gonna roll it back. You're Welcome!
  • cmd
    1 posts Member
    I am posting here to voice my displeasure in this change.
  • Well this or another thread is about to get big, but no one at CG is going to respond to any of the comments..
  • Uh...many people dont have old Revan and especially new Revan...Are they trying to make this game cave in on itself like Force Arena due to power creep and uncontrollable greed...? How do you make reverse progress in making the playerbase actually satisfied? Also curious about how 0% of the important characters needed for Revan/Dre ended up in the GEC store or the Guild store :|
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    No, you have it all wrong! Stop complaining!

If we complain too much they'll drop it back to 3, like the REALLY old days!

Everybody be cool...just chill..
  • Moved to feedback, calling it now
  • Thoby
    36 posts Member
    They made to much money, and want to speed their 5 year plan ahead and close the game earlier.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    U got to be kidding me.

Then please stop giving us hard node farms in the future, and use the abandoned cantina stores for a change.....

• RoboJoe
    105 posts Member
    This is sad. Still farming toons for DR with 3 out of 8 attempts. Now looking forward to the 0 out of 5 or possibly 1. Only a hundred days until unlock 👍.........👎
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Well, moving the thread would be one way to bury the complaints. But hey, releasing bad news on a Friday is a time-honored tradition to do the same thing.
  • Given the absolutely awful drop rates in this game, this is a pretty lame change after about 7 months of having 8 attempts per node. This is not like double-drops or something that is only done for a few days. We've had 8 attempts for more than half a year....to be changing it now seems unnecessary.
  • Scuzzinator
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I almost never post of forums, but this is just poor form CG. Last time you took this away people complained, so you brought it back. Here we go again.
This discussion has been closed.