Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• If they are going to go back to the 5 attempts...they need to move some of the characters to shops where people can farm them while farming newer characters.
  • The release cadence is ridiculous anyways, if you don't spend a bunch of money you'll be 4-5 months behind on a single make or break character. This game has gotten way out of hand on the P2W scale. It's a specific greed lust company at the helm anyways, so you kinda expect that. Even their console games... c'mon.

What is a ton of money?

Spend 25 crystals a day, you cut the amount in half. I have never taken that long to farm a toon that is “make or break”
  • Agree
  • Okay, where do I begin.. well I’ll just be blunt. The hard nodes going back to 5 is a joke. We have had it for quite a while now and we enjoy it. As much as I LOVE this game, I find it to be a blatant way to hide behind a paywall every chance they get. The fact that we had a year and half of, let’s say 80%ish, of toons being a single hard node, screams spend money to keep up. I legit put probably $100-$200 a month into this game and it still takes probably 2 months or so to grind out a 20 energy hard node. I’d be willing to comprise at 6 or 7 but going back to 5 seems like a slap in the face after so many months of 8. I understand that CG is under EA and it’s no secret EA can’t seem to make a good game that doesn’t require money to stay competitive but this, on top of 2 revans being heavily monetized, and darth revans gear being monetized makes me feel like this game is going to quickly fall down the rabbit hole of pay, or don’t play with intentions of feeling like your 6 month grind for a faction was worth it. Don’t act surprised when your new player base fades away and your old player base feels like you guys don’t care. Rant over.
  • I do not like the change to hard nodes at all. Being able to do 8 battles is really great, cutting it down to 5 means we get less rewards and have to spend more crystals, which for F2P players like me is a death knell for our farms. We will either have to spend a lot of crystals on node refreshes instead of energy, or just accept the terrible rewards.
    Suffice to say, this is an incredibly poor decision.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    This is a horrible idea.
  • Guys you are looking at this all wrong.

CG is actually saving us energy!

I mean 1/5 is way better than 1/8!!!!
  • Absolute **** move.
  • Making characters that take ages to farm even longer is not a great move.

It's not going to make you much more money. Whales will still buy the character from packs and most people won't spend the crystals on mode refreshes for such a low return.
  • lol @ the discussions all being moved into one so it doesn't look as bad
  • I love that someone merged the thread with 8 people all posting agree in unbroken sequence with this one. Way to combo break in style.
  • Absolutely horrified that hard nodes will be reduced from 8 to 5, sorry but that is a huge slap to your loyal players, the last update was bad enough to change the SIM format which cost a lot of players dearly.
    Another point I wish to make, why is it cheaper to buy at the store in dollars, for example, Crystal 19.99 USD, 19.99 UKP a difference of 4 dollars, you can easily make an adjustment to reflect a fairer price.
  • Bb3po
    368 posts Member
    Basically every single character is coming this month, reduce the number of hard battles too?!? I mean the cash grab is reaching epic levels. THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS GIVE US A REASONABLE REFRESH OF ENERGY. WAITING ON SHIP ENERGY IS RIDICULOUS ENOUGH.
  • I don't like this one bit. It seems CG is on a
    mission to have people quit this game.
  • It is a stupid idea.... keep 8 attempt
  • This is crap news. Ugh.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Are you done and trying to kill the game? Because lately this seems your line of action
  • I never got into the complain-train on these forums, but this is terrible. I spent lots of crystals doing refreshes. 8 is perfect.
  • Are you joking? This has to be the worst idea. You just killed progression on so many players that have so many things to farm and work on. Feels like a bad April fool's joke on April 5th.
  • Dropped on a Friday of course
    HA!
  • lazerbrain77
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Keep the attempts at 8. By the way, CG and EA, if you really want communication with your players, then you shouldn't just arbitrarily delete things that don't fit your agenda.

I will refresh nodes at 8 in a heartbeat. At 5, I'm not thinking it's worth it.
  • This is a very hostile move to beginner and intermediate players. Have to shrug your shoulders.
  • This is the worst.
  • At least they gave us a heads up.
    When is the update though?

8 sims is a community favorite. It should just be the standard now. Single hard node farming is rough.

We were all happy it came back. Like the whole forum was happy lol

Bad move.
  • I think this is the first time I've seen a consensus on ANYTHING on this forum. That should probably tell you something CG.
  • Absolutely horrified that hard nodes will be reduced from 8 to 5, sorry but that is a huge slap to your loyal players, the last update was bad enough to change the SIM format which cost a lot of players dearly.
    Another point I wish to make, why is it cheaper to buy at the store in dollars, for example, Crystal 19.99 USD, 19.99 UKP a difference of 4 dollars, you can easily make an adjustment to reflect a fairer price.
  • Are we schocked guys? Whenever EA has their hands on something, they think making players pay to win is what makes us happy. It’s a freaking joke. Good luck getting new players and keeping old players by spitting in our face. I typically spend at least $100 a month on this **** game and at 8 sims a toon takes 2-3 months to farm. So disappointed Carrie. I will not be putting money into this game if this constant paywall trend keeps up.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    They did tell us that 8 battles was temporary back when they introduced it. That being said, if this is the way it’s going to be we need more ways to farm these characters. Using long forgotten stores, more Cantina battles etc.
  • We’ve already lost a couple long-time players in the guild this past week; they’re not having fun anymore, so are quitting the game. **** like this is only going to make it worse.
  • Gaming is supposed to be fun. How is it fun to make it even more of a grind. So demotivating. Bad move CG
This discussion has been closed.