Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Increasing attempts per refresh from 5 to 8 promoted farming LS/DS/fleet nodes from an exercise in intellectual masochism to a tolerable grind.
  • SnokeonaUnicorn
    86 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    This is really gonna suck if like me you are farming ship nodes. As ship (or mod salvage) energy doesn't count towards your daily guild 600s, I was already struggling to get mine in by doing a couple of light/dark mode refreshes every day.
    This is just gonna make it far worse for players like me.
  • I never post on those forums, but, for one time I will: you'r going the wrong way CG. You MUST helps new players to catch up the older ones, not the opposite, if you don't want your game to die at least. Going slower for next legendary is good, taking back thoses attemps when many planed to get JKR or DR on next events concidering those, is just crap. the few under 2M PG on my guild are already speaking about quitting the game... good job, really :neutral:
  • ronnio
    69 posts Member
    All these farms I have to do just got way longer.
  • Cause they don’t care
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Screw them
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    vl4nhsbilam2.jpeg
  • I dont accept that. this is a blow below the belt for all players. I hope they will change this decision.
  • This is a great idea, well done CG. Ranks right up there with banning 24 toons in TW that we "voted" on and the nerfs to long standing toons because you can't properly test the new toons you release. Keep up the good work, wallet staying closed this year. Just end the game
  • Dhuriya24
    77 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    robjay04 wrote: »
    Dhuriya24 wrote: »
    Uh...many people dont have old Revan and especially new Revan...Are they trying to make this game cave in on itself like Force Arena due to power creep and uncontrollable greed...? How do you make reverse progress in making the playerbase actually satisfied? Also curious about how 0% of the important characters needed for Revan/Dre ended up in the GEC store or the Guild store :|

I hate this change. I think it could result in players spending less crystals. 2 refreshes with 24 chances sounds a lot better than 15.

As far as the shipments? They said they weren’t adding to these months ago. I kind of get it because they want new players to have the same toons to target starting off but they did add Young Han to the guild store not long ago.

Release Cadence

The overall cadence we laid out last year will largely remain intact with a few minor updates. However, we’ll restate it here with the updates for clarity.

All units (characters or ships) released through Marquee events will move to the Chromium Packs or Fleet Packs (whichever is appropriate) and Shipments approximately four to six weeks from the first day of the unit’s Marquee event.

From the day the unit moves to the Chromium Pack or Fleet Pack, and Shipments, approximately four to
    six weeks later the unit will move to a location in the game.

These locations are limited to (at the moment): Cantina, Hard Light Side, Hard Dark Side, Guild
    Store, and Guild Event Store.

As per the recent Q&A we are no longer adding characters to the Galactic War Store, Cantina Store, Fleet Arena Store, or Arena Store. Our intention here is that once these stores are exhausted, they are intended to be a source of shard shop currency for our very well established players.

^^^That was March 2018...and a year later we got...Young Han who is absolutely insignificant compared to unlocking Revan/Dre? (Forgive the formatting)
  • VitaManik wrote: »
    Так может быть нам еще раком встать чтобы нас трахнули хорошенько? Но перед этим надо обязательно заплатить кучу крисов.
    Хотя, постойте-ка, вроде это и происходит?

Right! I have no idea tho! I mean - seriously right?
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    April fools day was monday, they are late on this one (hope it's an april fool joke)
  • While I will be missing the 8 attempts on hard nodes I will still work diligently! Thank you for giving us the extra attempts for the last half a year or so.

Keep up the hard work! Can't wait for Darth Malak, and eventually the best sith ever Darth Bane!
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Omg......keep complaining like this and they will never give us temporary boosts again.....just be glad they were nice enough to let us have 8 attempts for as long as they did
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    While I will be missing the 8 attempts on hard nodes I will still work diligently! Thank you for giving us the extra attempts for the last half a year or so.

Keep up the hard work! Can't wait for Darth Malak, and eventually the best sith ever Darth Bane!

We aren't getting Malak.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    No. Just no.
    I'm slogging through the horrible Chewie event (HSTR is nice compared to that horrid thing) and just praying that refreshing Bossk's node twice daily will get me the extra 55 shards I need. The drop rate is terrible, refreshes are expensive, and it's been made clear that the stores are not meant to be helpful locations. The rational given isn't even great, since that reason (help get the toons for JKR/DR) was not given (to the best of my knowledge) at the time when the attempts were raised.
    Just please, don't do this.
  • Sweet! After a relatively quiet week, this was exactly the kind of exciting Friday update I was hoping for to maintain my ongoing interest in the game. So pumped!
  • As a player that’s only been playing three months, this is tough to take. I’m already behind enough as it is. Now farming hard nodes toons just got 40% more difficult. Those 0-5 days are going to be brutal.

Hopefully I can get CG to be pallbearers at my funeral. So they can let me down one last time.
  • terrible change, I can only speak for myself but this is very demoralizing and doesn't make me want to play the game more.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    Omg......keep complaining like this and they will never give us temporary boosts again.....just be glad they were nice enough to let us have 8 attempts for as long as they did

The problem is that the game has expanded significantly since they did that first boost. There is so much to farm, so much going on in the game that we need a way to farm those hard characters quickly
  • Congratulations....
    You often demonstrate to hate your players.
    You could love money without hating us.. why?
    Thanks to your frequent clever decisions all made with the purpose to build paywalls, I totally stopped months ago to spend some little amounts of money (10-20 € sometimes) and went to total ftp, and I’m sure that many people are doing the same.
    Terrible drop rates are not enough? Now you reduce free attempts to drain more crystals?
    Me ne fotto!
    I can live without immediately having your precious paywall shiny monsters.
    Each of your moves make me less addicted to the game.
    I still have fun, but in peace, without addiction, without hurry, without spending money.
  • Where is the dislike button on that dev post?? They could easily see how many of us are disappointed 😞
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

The problem is that the game has expanded significantly since they did that first boost. There is so much to farm, so much going on in the game that we need a way to farm those hard characters quickly

They have altered the terms of the deal....pray they dont alter ot further back to the normal 3 attempts per node
  • Paranoid_Androind0
    48 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I barely post anything as well but rolling back attempts to 5 is a step back for this game. People get used to that already and it provide semi decent progress... which still is extremely slow considering overload of content. Imagine new players coming to this game, it's ridiculous what you do. You screwed a lot of people by this move especially right before revan and falcon events. Including me wrt falcon.... Friend of mine was going to buy big pack for falcon during event, but thanks to this decision he will not do. You're killing your own baby this way ;)

So disappointing move @CG
  • Kokie wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »

They have altered the terms of the deal....pray they dont alter ot further back to the normal 3 attempts per node

They've already altered the original deal when the game expanded once before by changing it from 3 to 5, so why can't they do it again?
  • Fetty
    5 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb - April Fool's was on Monday, not Friday.
    h4jo4na4nbmv.jpg
  • What a junk update!

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie
    Do you even care that it upsets the community?
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    So out of touch with their customer base it’s funny now.
  • Want to lend my voice in saying that this is not a player friendly move. You left it this way for so long that it became the new normal. Please do not change back to 5 attempts.
This discussion has been closed.