Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• osver
    5 posts Member
    Add one more voice of displeasure at this change.

Plenty of us didn't get Darth Revan the first go round and are still farming those characters.
  • I love how all these negative news come out friday evening. Like, yea, we're not even going to read the comments cause its a weekend duh.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Y'all are a little dramatic. I'm not thrilled by the change, but they did tell us it was temporary. Honestly lasted longer than I expected. So long as they don't go back to 3 it'll be fine.

It's not dramatic...it just makes the game less fun and more of a grind. The game has added so many more characters that you need to move up the tries...it's like try inflation.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Any idea of “when” this is happening? I need 10 days of Node refreshing to reach requirements for 7 star MFalc. if it’s next couple of days I should just settle for 6 I guess??

Well since he said in our next update, my guess is either today or next thursday/friday as that is when updates usually happen.
  • Fetty
    5 posts Member
    Just glad that I had those 8 sims on a refreshes. I got both IG-2000 and Xanadu Blood to 7 star with 2 weeks to spare, this was going no stop on them since HMF first appeared.
  • robjay04 wrote: »
    The release cadence is ridiculous anyways, if you don't spend a bunch of money you'll be 4-5 months behind on a single make or break character. This game has gotten way out of hand on the P2W scale. It's a specific greed lust company at the helm anyways, so you kinda expect that. Even their console games... c'mon.

What is a ton of money?

Spend 25 crystals a day, you cut the amount in half. I have never taken that long to farm a toon that is “make or break”

You have to also buy energy too.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    I have never commented on this forum before or said anything bad about cg, but this is awful. It’s a pure cash grab to do this to players of all levels

You have 2 posts though.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member

I suspect that the announcment of the attempts going from 8 to 5 can -possibly- be just intended for people to panic and start buying refreshes of energy and attempts for what they currently farm - a real panic farm, where people would really panic, with stress and all its bad effects and stuff.-
    After some weeks of uncertitude and panic farming, they could possibly says that "finally, we are not doing this", but due to the farming they would still have earnt money without losing popularity cause they would say "we listened to you... we see that our player's opinions counts a lot... we're making this for you" and stuff

Maybe it is not the case and they are really going to return it from 5, but if it turns out it was just a way to made us panic, we should not forget and forgive that
  • Aldoo
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    The hard node change sucks, no doubt about it, but hopefully this is a sign for new things to come that’s doesn’t include miserable grinds.

The first 9 months I’ve played this game there weren’t any new legendaries, then BAM! We got 5 legendaries in 6 months. We had to scramble for bounty hunters, Ewoks, bounty hunter ships, 10 kotor toons. Hopefully we are going to get some new gameplay content, a new raid, new Tb/tw, level cap increase and less character content for now

Not going to sweat it until I have too (come on road ahead)
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Y'all are a little dramatic. I'm not thrilled by the change, but they did tell us it was temporary. Honestly lasted longer than I expected. So long as they don't go back to 3 it'll be fine.

It's not dramatic...it just makes the game less fun and more of a grind. The game has added so many more characters that you need to move up the tries...it's like try inflation.

It's definitely dramatic. When the game launched, it was 3 attempts. They eventually upped it to 5, which is better. They tested 8 a long time ago and left it for just a little while. And when they gave us 8 this time they were very up front with the fact that it was temporary. It's not their fault no one listened.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    I have to precise that this is a SERIOUS POST, I did made ironical and satirical posts somewhere, but not on this one.

It's not because I like to troll sometimes that I am never serious.
  • Is this gonna include fleet nodes? That place is the hardest place to farm as it is
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    EA clearly took over CG.
    Btw they limit the shard drop with the excuse of JKR, when basically 80% or more of the playerbase has him?
    CG is just a synonym to EA casgrab company now.

EA didn't take over CG, because EA created CG. CG has always been a studio within EA.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    DocDoom wrote: »
    If you try really, really hard, you can sort of see this as a possible sign that they are going to slow down introducing new characters, and use this to make it slower/harder to farm up the ones that are already out so you don't catch up too fast.

And, if wishes were horses...
    If you try less hard, you can totally see this as a blatant attempt to squeeze more money from the player base with no regard for player enjoyment or retention.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Reserved.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    See people, this is an example of why disney is revoking EA's star wars license xD.

Will this game continue to exist, like, it will be sold to another company or do you think it will disappear ? :(
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Boo
  • Aydnie wrote: »
    See people, this is an example of why disney is revoking EA's star wars license xD.

Will this game continue to exist, like, it will be sold to another company or do you think it will disappear ? :(

I hope they give it to someone else, the only reason why I stay is because I like the overall gameplay. The paywall tactics? Not so much, which is why I'll never (and have never) spent money on this game.
  • StarSon wrote: »

It's definitely dramatic. When the game launched, it was 3 attempts. They eventually upped it to 5, which is better. They tested 8 a long time ago and left it for just a little while. And when they gave us 8 this time they were very up front with the fact that it was temporary. It's not their fault no one listened.

No one is arguing that they said it was temporary...the argument is that they should not move it back because the number of characters that are needed, especially to get the best/highest level characters/ships. Just like you can't compare 1960 food prices with now, you can't say "well it was 3 before".

Again...it's not dramatic. It just makes the game a lot less fun to play if your completion date went from 3 months to 5 months. That drop in fun makes people less willing to play this game. CG obviously knows this and they believe that the loss of players will be made up by the additional income generated.

From a player prospective, it is a bad move.
  • Cool. I know now to completely ignore all marquee characters and spend money in a different game. Thanks for confirming this for me CG.
  • Such a sad move. It's particularly painful for newer players. Over 6 months to farm a toon is not fun. Changes like this will slowly kill the game.
  • I vote for infinite. Not five. :'(
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Friday...
    aj0gfa1dsvgq.png
  • Thrawn42 wrote: »
    Such a sad move. It's particularly painful for newer players. Over 6 months to farm a toon is not fun. Changes like this will slowly kill the game.

Exactly...since CG has started making hard node/fleet node farms a part of getting the meta...it makes it that much more difficult to farm in preparation of the next meta. But that's probably what CG wanted to do.
  • Greeting holotable Heroes!

You spoke and as always whatever it is that you’re saying... we hear you people! That’s why we’re proud to announce upcoming changes to hard nodes!

That’s right! From now on Hard node refreshes will be reduced to 1 attempt per week. You people have had 3+ years to farm hard nodes so we this is obviously a necessary change to the game.

The the bright side some obscure overpriced items in shipments we be going on liquidation sale at .01% off!!!
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    Thrawn42 wrote: »
    Such a sad move. It's particularly painful for newer players. Over 6 months to farm a toon is not fun. Changes like this will slowly kill the game.

Exactly...since CG has started making hard node/fleet node farms a part of getting the meta...it makes it that much more difficult to farm in preparation of the next meta. But that's probably what CG wanted to do.

Of course it is... They didn't make enough money on DRevan
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

No one is arguing that they said it was temporary...the argument is that they should not move it back because the number of characters that are needed, especially to get the best/highest level characters/ships. Just like you can't compare 1960 food prices with now, you can't say "well it was 3 before".

Again...it's not dramatic. It just makes the game a lot less fun to play if your completion date went from 3 months to 5 months. That drop in fun makes people less willing to play this game. CG obviously knows this and they believe that the loss of players will be made up by the additional income generated.

From a player prospective, it is a bad move.

I understand the argument. But have you *seen* this thread? People are being dramatic.

Whether you think they should move it back or not, they said they would. Now they are. Like it or not, trashing them because they did what they said they would is dramatic.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I don't see what the big deal is.

It was always 5 attempts. They increased it to 8 for an unspecified time, but it was never stated or intended to be a permanent change. It's just going back to normal.

In the future we may get a third stretch of increased attempts.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

In a future update we will be changing Hard Nodes back to 5 attempts per refresh. This was temporarily increased with the launch of Mods 2.0 to help players earn Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan.

Now that players have had a chance to earn these characters and players will have had much more time to unlock the prerequisite characters in future events, we will be returning back to 5 attempts per refresh.

We will also be reducing the Crystal price of Mod Salvage in shipments with the next update. This will still be a slightly more expensive way to obtain Mod Salvage compared to farming it from the nodes but a more convenient way to get those materials quickly.

Original Post (LINK)

I’m pretty sure the community has already told y’all to keep the attempts at 8. Changing it back to 5 would be a huge mistake. You should listen to the player base.
This discussion has been closed.