Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Please don’t change it back 5. Having it at 8 is the right amount. Thank you.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    I don't see what the big deal is.

It was always 5 attempts. They increased it to 8 for an unspecified time, but it was never stated or intended to be a permanent change. It's just going back to normal.

In the future we may get a third stretch of increased attempts.

I exclusively farm hard nodes. Not a big deal though. I’ll just spread attempts over more nodes.
  • Hey CG, if you want to get more money out of us, how about offering us something we actually want to purchase without packaging stuff we don't want. Let's say I go to a store to buy a new TV. The store says they will only sell it, if I also buy a wall mount and a TV stand. I obviously don't need both and don't want either. So what would a sane person do? Go elsewhere. There are so many times I would have spent money on this game, but every time you package things together to try to squeeze money out of us. It's a bad move.
  • Gipple
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Double Post
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    *applause for the Tom-n-Jerry meme*
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Y'all are a little dramatic. I'm not thrilled by the change, but they did tell us it was temporary. Honestly lasted longer than I expected. So long as they don't go back to 3 it'll be fine.

It's not dramatic...it just makes the game less fun and more of a grind. The game has added so many more characters that you need to move up the tries...it's like try inflation.

It's definitely dramatic. When the game launched, it was 3 attempts. They eventually upped it to 5, which is better. They tested 8 a long time ago and left it for just a little while. And when they gave us 8 this time they were very up front with the fact that it was temporary. It's not their fault no one listened.

No one is arguing that they said it was temporary...the argument is that they should not move it back because the number of characters that are needed, especially to get the best/highest level characters/ships. Just like you can't compare 1960 food prices with now, you can't say "well it was 3 before".

Again...it's not dramatic. It just makes the game a lot less fun to play if your completion date went from 3 months to 5 months. That drop in fun makes people less willing to play this game. CG obviously knows this and they believe that the loss of players will be made up by the additional income generated.

From a player prospective, it is a bad move.

I understand the argument. But have you *seen* this thread? People are being dramatic.

Whether you think they should move it back or not, they said they would. Now they are. Like it or not, trashing them because they did what they said they would is dramatic.

I don't think they are being dramatic. I have played this game for 2+ years and the game has definitely shifted toward a p2p system...it is still a very good game for f2p, but that's relative to all the other mobile games that are terrible to f2p.

I am not really affected by this move as I have enough daily income and I am pretty much done with node farms but the move will have a dramatic impact on f2p players and even small sea animal players who are beginning or mid-level. Going from 3 months farm (250 shards at 2.3 shards a day) to a 5 month far (250 shards at 1.6 shards a day) is huge. Even if you refresh...a single refresh at 8 (25 crystals) gets you more tries than two refreshes at 5 (75 crystals).

Farming nodes smartly and efficiently was one of the key ways for f2p to stay f2p...whales don't farm nodes..they just buy the packs or shipments. This is direct attack on f2p and small marine animal players of the game.
  • Gannon wrote: »

It was always 5 attempts. They increased it to 8 for an unspecified time, but it was never stated or intended to be a permanent change. It's just going back to normal.

I exclusively farm hard nodes. Not a big deal though. I’ll just spread attempts over more nodes.

it will take you longer to get to 7 stars on specific characters which will be needed for meta characters.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Y'all are a little dramatic. I'm not thrilled by the change, but they did tell us it was temporary. Honestly lasted longer than I expected. So long as they don't go back to 3 it'll be fine.

It's not dramatic...it just makes the game less fun and more of a grind. The game has added so many more characters that you need to move up the tries...it's like try inflation.

It's definitely dramatic. When the game launched, it was 3 attempts. They eventually upped it to 5, which is better. They tested 8 a long time ago and left it for just a little while. And when they gave us 8 this time they were very up front with the fact that it was temporary. It's not their fault no one listened.

No one is arguing that they said it was temporary...the argument is that they should not move it back because the number of characters that are needed, especially to get the best/highest level characters/ships. Just like you can't compare 1960 food prices with now, you can't say "well it was 3 before".

Again...it's not dramatic. It just makes the game a lot less fun to play if your completion date went from 3 months to 5 months. That drop in fun makes people less willing to play this game. CG obviously knows this and they believe that the loss of players will be made up by the additional income generated.

I understand the argument. But have you *seen* this thread? People are being dramatic.

Whether you think they should move it back or not, they said they would. Now they are. Like it or not, trashing them because they did what they said they would is dramatic.

I don't think they are being dramatic. I have played this game for 2+ years and the game has definitely shifted toward a p2p system...it is still a very good game for f2p, but that's relative to all the other mobile games that are terrible to f2p.

I am not really affected by this move as I have enough daily income and I am pretty much done with node farms but the move will have a dramatic impact on f2p players and even small sea animal players who are beginning or mid-level. Going from 3 months farm (250 shards at 2.3 shards a day) to a 5 month far (250 shards at 1.6 shards a day) is huge. Even if you refresh...a single refresh at 8 (25 crystals) gets you more tries than two refreshes at 5 (75 crystals).

Farming nodes smartly and efficiently was one of the key ways for f2p to stay f2p...whales don't farm nodes..they just buy the packs or shipments. This is direct attack on f2p and small marine animal players of the game.

I've played since a couple weeks after launch, and this game has definitely not gone more p2p. If anything, it's way more f2p now than it was then.

To stay on topic to this thread, hard nodes used to be 3 attempts, with a 50/100/100/200/200 refresh cost. Do you know how long it took me to farm FOST and FOTP that way? So long. Dropping to 5 attempts of course increases farming time, but not ridiculously so.

I've played since a couple weeks after launch, and this game has definitely not gone more p2p. If anything, it's way more f2p now than it was then.

To stay on topic to this thread, hard nodes used to be 3 attempts, with a 50/100/100/200/200 refresh cost. Do you know how long it took me to farm FOST and FOTP that way? So long. Dropping to 5 attempts of course increases farming time, but not ridiculously so.

How many characters was around back then? Was FOST or FOTP needed for anything other than your own collection and edification? Hard node farming is now necessary to get meta characters.
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »

Sorry, but if you think it was "always" 5 attempts, then you must be quite new. It was "always" (as in: originally) 3 attempts and 50 crystals for the first refresh. Then it was changed to 5/50 and 8/25 in September 2018 iirc
    I don't recall exact dates, but "8" might have been longer in the game than "5".
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

How many characters was around back then? Was FOST or FOTP needed for anything other than your own collection and edification? Hard node farming is now necessary to get meta characters.

About 130 when I started FOST and FOTP. They weren't needed yet, but I knew they would be. If I hadn't farmed them when I did I would have been SOL for first run BB8.

And today, the only meta characters on hard nodes are the new ones, which could have been farmed while there were 8 attempts.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Xezee wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »

Sorry, but if you think it was "always" 5 attempts, then you must be quite new. It was "always" (as in: originally) 3 attempts and 50 crystals for the first refresh. Then it was changed to 5/50 and 8/25 in September 2018 iirc
    I don't recall exact dates, but "8" might have been longer in the game than "5".

The first time they did 8 it was some kind of test run for just a couple months. They pushed it back to 8 when Bastila and Jolee went to nodes last September.
  • OR_TNB
    81 posts Member
    The announcement today that the current cap of 8 attempts will be reverted back to 5 attempts is disappointing to say the least. Single node farms will likely take 6 months again, without refreshes. With two refreshes per day on two hard node farms, will cost players 3000 extra crystals a month.

Please reconsider this decision, particularly if you intend to continue to release ships and characters to single node locations.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited April 2019

About 130 when I started FOST and FOTP. They weren't needed yet, but I knew they would be. If I hadn't farmed them when I did I would have been SOL for first run BB8.

And today, the only meta characters on hard nodes are the new ones, which could have been farmed while there were 8 attempts.

I farmed both of those with 5 attempts and got them completely f2p...but also they were at lower energy nodes. This last go around with DSR...all the characters were either in single 20 hard nodes or fleet node (except HK) So while you could have gotten most of FO in shops and else where, you either had to farm the characters or buy them. Also, the newer characters not available on bronzium or GW.

We are not talking about today...we are talking about going forward. For example...people trying to get OGMF or people who just started the game.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    So basically the people that didn't get Darth Revan this go round are punished? Farming already takes forever as it is. Why just why?
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    fuo431dzgo5z.png
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Well, for those thinking there would be double-drops sometime soon, this will come as something of a wet blanket.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    I farmed both of those with 5 attempts and got them completely f2p...but also they were at lower energy nodes. This last go around with DSR...all the characters were either in single 20 hard nodes or fleet node. So while you could have gotten most of FO in shops and else where...oh also newer characters not available on bronzium or GW.

We are not talking about today...we are talking about going forward. For example...people trying to get OGMF or people who just started the game.

DSR farm only has 2 20 energy. And if we aren't talking today, then it doesn't matter that much. You don't need to panic farm OR anymore. Now it's just regular farm when you are ready. Going forward, all farms will be planned knowing there are 5 attempts. Not that big of a deal.
  • Kmyre
    30 posts Member
    While this change doesn’t make me happier than anyone else here, to be frank, they did say the increase of attempts was only going to be temporary. Funny thing is that if they would only have had it going for a month, people would have been grateful in general. Now that we got over half a year of this, everyone got spoiled and is mad for having received more. We sure are a fascinating species...
  • This is ****, cheap tactics by CG to reduce from 8 to 5. It was done, people loved it even though RNG is terrible, this is a low blow
  • It's a huge step backward . There is more and more content coming each few months and how can you imagine new players being able to obtain a new content? Not everyone is a whale. You should be rising the sim numbers not decreasing. It's absolutely not logical approach.
    I farmed both of those with 5 attempts and got them completely f2p...but also they were at lower energy nodes. This last go around with DSR...all the characters were either in single 20 hard nodes or fleet node. So while you could have gotten most of FO in shops and else where...oh also newer characters not available on bronzium or GW.

DSR farm only has 2 20 energy. And if we aren't talking today, then it doesn't matter that much. You don't need to panic farm OR anymore. Now it's just regular farm when you are ready. Going forward, all farms will be planned knowing there are 5 attempts. Not that big of a deal.

Of course it matters...because it will take 5 months to farm rather than 3...so if they drop a meta in 4 months...guess what...you have to spend money/crystals to panic farm whereas you did not before.
  • Kmyre wrote: »
    While this change doesn’t make me happier than anyone else here, to be frank, they did say the increase of attempts was only going to be temporary. Funny thing is that if they would only have had it going for a month, people would have been grateful in general. Now that we got over half a year of this, everyone got spoiled and is mad for having received more. We sure are a fascinating species...

nah...it's a reflection of the game...not that farm. If they didn't make the metas based on super hard farms...people wouldn't care. It has gone from a collection game to a meta based game..which makes farming critical rather than just fun.
  • Hello dear reps.

Today I want to discuss the return to 5 hard node tries.

As a free to play player ( excuse me for not aiding your fees , although I did get a pack or two in my better days) , I feel like the 8 tries was very nice , and a lot nicer then the before 5 tries.
    It enabled me to somehow feel like im getting the shards faster and helped me reach my goals and fulfilled faster.

I would really like to hear from you about the various reasons of my change it back to 5 ( even thou I know it was the original try number)

Thank you in advance,
  • Gama_Fox
    624 posts Member
    Oh look!! Another post on a Friday afternoon that no CG employee will comment on because they know that they will get absolutely ZERO positive reactions from.

After the lackluster "QOL" update a few weeks back this really isn't all that surprising.. CG is a bunch of corporate pieces of (insert creative swear word that accurately describes CGs motives here).

Can't wait for @Kyno to come and defend CG by saying that "we should all be grateful that CG increased it to 5 sims/day in the first place seeing as it used to be 3!"
  • Arrrhhh this just makes me want to scream

You think we actually get pride and accomplishment from going to a toon clicking find then simming the nodes??? It's the most mind numbing activity in the dailies.

Now we get to look at the same stupid faced not 7* toon every day for even longer.....??!!??

Oh the joy
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Oh look!! Another post on a Friday afternoon that no CG employee will comment on because they know that they will get absolutely ZERO positive reactions from.

After the lackluster "QOL" update a few weeks back this really isn't all that surprising.. CG is a bunch of corporate pieces of (insert creative swear word that accurately describes CGs motives here).

Can't wait for @Kyno to come and defend CG by saying that "we should all be grateful that CG increased it to 5 sims/day in the first place seeing as it used to be 3!"

You could be not offensive at least. No need for that at all.

• "To offset our recent QOL updates, we will be releasing some DOL updates (degradation-of-life)"
  • Ok dumb question alert: Since when has mod salvage been in shipments?
  • This game is going downhill fast. If someone knows what "that other game" is, please share. I don't think I'll last long here.
This discussion has been closed.