Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Gama_Fox
    624 posts Member
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Oh look!! Another post on a Friday afternoon that no CG employee will comment on because they know that they will get absolutely ZERO positive reactions from.

After the lackluster "QOL" update a few weeks back this really isn't all that surprising.. CG is a bunch of corporate pieces of (insert creative swear word that accurately describes CGs motives here).

Can't wait for @Kyno to come and defend CG by saying that "we should all be grateful that CG increased it to 5 sims/day in the first place seeing as it used to be 3!"

You could be not offensive at least. No need for that at all.

Seeing as they didn't comment on the Finn update for over 3 weeks which followed the same cadence of posting on a Friday afternoon... I feel extremely confident that NO ONE over at CG will read any comments from this thread as they genuinely don't care about player feedback.

When they announce the return of the falcon followed by the announcement the day after that they will reduce hard node attempts it is fair to say that they deserve backlash.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping that with all the toons that can only be farmed through hard nodes, that the increase to 8 attempts would stick. This definitely hurts.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    And with everyone saying their quitting I should be able to hold #1 in arena with my level 1 CUP! Sweet!
  • StarDog89 wrote: »
    Ok dumb question alert: Since when has mod salvage been in shipments?

a while.
  • The worst thing is all new toons are put in single hard nodes (mostly light side). If they think this nerf will make me spend real money, they are very wrong.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Oh look!! Another post on a Friday afternoon that no CG employee will comment on because they know that they will get absolutely ZERO positive reactions from.

After the lackluster "QOL" update a few weeks back this really isn't all that surprising.. CG is a bunch of corporate pieces of (insert creative swear word that accurately describes CGs motives here).

Can't wait for Kyno to come and defend CG by saying that "we should all be grateful that CG increased it to 5 sims/day in the first place seeing as it used to be 3!"

Seeing as they didn't comment on the Finn update for over 3 weeks which followed the same cadence of posting on a Friday afternoon... I feel extremely confident that NO ONE over at CG will read any comments from this thread as they genuinely don't care about player feedback.

When they announce the return of the falcon followed by the announcement the day after that they will reduce hard node attempts it is fair to say that they deserve backlash.

Personally I think they care about the comments...they have changed announcements in light of comments but question is whether they have any leeway to do anything.

And really, if they don't, what do you expect them to say?
  • KilumNatta
    26 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I’ve been a player for going on three years and it seems to me that I’m always a step behind. I’m free to play with occasional spending and to me when the attempts for hard nodes increased to 8 it helped me to advance and not be further behind.

So today after reading the update by CG I’m forced to voice my opinion and concerns. It already takes months to farm a single character on F2P players and with the reduction of attempts. If CG were to put character shards in the galactic store or others I’d have no problem. However since CG insists on new characters being farmable only in hard nodes I am forced to protest.

If you’re reading this CG from one of your players I hope you feel my displeasure from your actions. I do not want to go back to 5 attempts I’d rather keep my 8. I know there are plenty of others who’ll agree with me.

• Trake
    148 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

In a future update we will be changing Hard Nodes back to 5 attempts per refresh. This was temporarily increased with the launch of Mods 2.0 to help players earn Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan.

Now that players have had a chance to earn these characters and players will have had much more time to unlock the prerequisite characters in future events, we will be returning back to 5 attempts per refresh.

We will also be reducing the Crystal price of Mod Salvage in shipments with the next update. This will still be a slightly more expensive way to obtain Mod Salvage compared to farming it from the nodes but a more convenient way to get those materials quickly.

Original Post (LINK)

I absolutely never complain until I see something that may actually jeopardize a game, I’m going to complain. This is a bad idea, I know you won’t listen, you guys never do, but this is a bad idea. I’ve posted those words 2 other times on a game forum, both games went belly up. This is the kind of move that loses players. The whales stay for a bit but after awhile they will get bored just facing each other and even the whales will move on. I hope I’m wrong but I rarely am.
  • I always try to be supportive of games, but i find it strange that they continue to actively tell me not to contribute here anymore, what with these bad decisions and all.
  • Gama_Fox
    624 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Calbear949 wrote: »

Can't wait for Kyno to come and defend CG by saying that "we should all be grateful that CG increased it to 5 sims/day in the first place seeing as it used to be 3!"

Personally I think they care about the comments...they have changed announcements in light of comments but question is whether they have any leeway to do anything.

And really, if they don't, what do you expect them to say?

I suspect that they have extremely little leeway for changes like this.

I don't expect them to say anything, I know that with decisions like these nothing the community says will change their mind. Which is why I feel confident about being (in your words) "offensive".. Because for me this is a place to vent about their decisions that my opinion as a paying customer offers no solution to.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    If they think this will get them more money, I think they are wrong - especially if they don't change the cost of refreshing a node. Why would someone pay the same amount for just over half of what they used to get?
    Especially as CG have shown that they are happy to change the Hard Nodes whenever it suits them, meaning there's a strong chance they'll put it back to 8 at some point even if only for a short while.
    So it just makes sense to not spend crystals on Hard Node refreshes any more. *shrugs*

I am trying hard to see their logic here. It's not going to increase revenue so why are they doing it?
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Trake wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

In a future update we will be changing Hard Nodes back to 5 attempts per refresh. This was temporarily increased with the launch of Mods 2.0 to help players earn Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan.

Now that players have had a chance to earn these characters and players will have had much more time to unlock the prerequisite characters in future events, we will be returning back to 5 attempts per refresh.

We will also be reducing the Crystal price of Mod Salvage in shipments with the next update. This will still be a slightly more expensive way to obtain Mod Salvage compared to farming it from the nodes but a more convenient way to get those materials quickly.

Original Post (LINK)

I absolutely never complain until I see something that may actually jeopardize a game, I’m going to complain. This is a bad idea, I know you won’t listen, you guys never do, but this is a bad idea. I’ve posted those words 2 other times on a game forum, both games went belly up. This is the kind of move that loses players. The whales stay for a bit but after awhile they will get bored just facing each other and even the whales will move on. I hope I’m wrong but I rarely am.

You get post of the day. Anytime someone takes the opportunity to say they are rarely wrong is a winner in my book. And you did it twice in 1 paragraph.
  • Stenun wrote: »
    If they think this will get them more money, I think they are wrong - especially if they don't change the cost of refreshing a node. Why would someone pay the same amount for just over half of what they used to get?
    Especially as CG have shown that they are happy to change the Hard Nodes whenever it suits them, meaning there's a strong chance they'll put it back to 8 at some point even if only for a short while.
    So it just makes sense to not spend crystals on Hard Node refreshes any more. *shrugs*

I am trying hard to see their logic here. It's not going to increase revenue so why are they doing it?

It will increase revenue...increase farm times means people get more frustrated and willing to spend that 25 crystals. It also reduces ability to prepare for metas so people will have to spend more to panic farm.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »

It will increase revenue...increase farm times means people get more frustrated and willing to spend that 25 crystals. It also reduces ability to prepare for metas so people will have to spend more to panic farm.

I really don't think it will. Maybe that's what they're hoping will happen but I don't think it will.
  • Paranoid_Androind0
    48 posts Member
    edited April 2019

That's ok to make a feedback. But no need to be rude or offensive at the same time even though the frustration is high. Keep it cool
  • I don't even know why there's a limit. It's dumb. There isn't one on Cantina nodes so why is there one on Light/Dark?
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Vendraen wrote: »
    I don't even know why there's a limit. It's dumb. There isn't one on Cantina nodes so why is there one on Light/Dark?

Cause cantina energy cost more to refresh and slower to replenish.

Fleet is the worst of both.
  • Grimstoned wrote: »
    A lot of people in my guild are moving on to that other game.... it’s sad but it’s happening people.

Which game?
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    CG gonna CG.
  • Gama_Fox wrote: »

That's ok to make a feedback. But no need to be rude or offensive at the same time even though the frustration is high. Keep it cool

I've spent thousands of dollars and thousands of hours playing this game. When they make decisions like this that either hinder my progress or force me to spend money I'm allowed to voice my opinion. Thanks for taking the morale highground on this one though. You're right.. I should just "keep it cool" :trollface:
  • cb9lufp54xyp.png

I think this sums up my honest reaction to this announcement. I am really bummed by this decision. Farming just got A LOT harder.
  • For a game that is already beyond mind numbing when it comes to farming this is terrible news.
  • This is stupid. April fool’s was days ago.
  • It’s been a long time since Mods 2.0. Many of us can barely remember 5/day. This is unexpected and not a smart move, imho.

I think people give CG as a company way too much crap for a variety of decisions.

But CRAP AWAY on this one. The more crap, the better. Crap’s the limit. Keep on crappin’.

Crap.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    CG probably knows this move is unpopular, but I wonder if EA is forcing their hand on the issue.

Also for those asking about the "other game", my best guess is Marvel Strike Force.
  • Increase the drop rate if you do this. There's no reason to change it back, other than money. Please CG, give us one reason as to why it's good for the game to revert this?
  • GR1303
    22 posts Member
    As a new player, this seems like an unnecessary and harsh change that discourages my engagement.
  • cb9lufp54xyp.png

I think this sums up my honest reaction to this announcement. I am really bummed by this decision. Farming just got A LOT harder.

Can I steal this a put on Facebook lol
  • JimJam
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Deleted
    Post edited by JimJam on
  • noooo please leave it like this if it's not broken do not fix it
This discussion has been closed.