Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Back in my day we only got 3 tries per day...

Also, I never refreshed nodes back then, because there was much less value in it. I’ll probabky go back to that, and spend more of my energy farming gear instead. Luckily I’m nearly done with farming character shards, and it will just be the new characters that come out.

Yeah, gear farming looks a lot more attractive all of a sudden. I have plenty left to farm, but I also need to gear up my existing bloated roster. I think I'll slow down my progress and focus on gearing up my arena Jedi, the upcoming JKR, CLS + rebels, my pilots, my bounty hunters etc. That gives me plenty to work with in raids too. JTR, Darth R and Threepio have become much more of a long term goal now.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmm in other megathreads CG or the Admin are involved... It seems they don't want to talk abt this as they are not here!!!

Well done pp 👏👏👏just well done...
  • Options
    They should just raise the energy costs of a node by +4 or +8 instead and allow players to make decisions on the farm instead
  • LizMol
    3 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Just adding my voice of dissent as a p2p customer.

It would be a comical way to treat a customer base if I weren’t the customer. You can’t make this stuff up.

Only thing keeping me playing is my guild at this point.
    Post edited by LizMol on
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    Options
    Wow that just totally screws everyone’s farm this wasn’t a temporary change it’s gone on for almost an entire year at this point it was for all those legendary toons we had last year... now you can’t release it in a 3-4 month cadence because you are clearly telling f2p to screw themselves. You really suck CG and you should listen to your players more often.
  • KomisHero
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    CG this just makes it impossible for newer players to catch up...more and more ppl will quit this game and you will eventually have to shut it down because of your stupid decisions. Somebody from EA/CG has to read that the whole community has agreed that this decision is horrible and is not something this game should strive for.
  • Options
    "This was temporarily increased with the launch of Mods 2.0 to help players earn Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan." I read that as them needing to increase the cap due to having to farm 5 new characters for Jedi Revan and 4 new characters for Darth Revan....which should mean then that if the cap can now be reduced, then the upcoming journey/legendary characters should not require farming 4-5 new characters. Sure, hope that's the case.
  • Options
    I just don't understand why da hell would they just set everyone's farming power and odds back by just going back to 5.
    It just shows tht CG doesn't give a actual **** about our comunity and it pains me to says this, it really does but to actually change it to 8 attempts and just leave there for a very long time and then just put an excuse like " this was temporary bcs of JK Revan and DR and Mods 2.0". Yea yea tht is a lie and we all know it, this is a money plot to force us to pay more for farming and tht is where i make my line you don't simply just increase the farm odds by giving more chances and then take back, tht kills the grind a lot and it's just so stupid tht they are doing this. Make this Hashtag Viral

#NoAttemptChanges
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty cut and dry people. Most people who got DR, myself included, were able to do so free to play. Changes like this will reduce the number of free to play players who can achieve this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    "This was temporarily increased with the launch of Mods 2.0 to help players earn Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan." I read that as them needing to increase the cap due to having to farm 5 new characters for Jedi Revan and 4 new characters for Darth Revan....which should mean then that if the cap can now be reduced, then the upcoming journey/legendary characters should not require farming 4-5 new characters. Sure, hope that's the case.

@Vos_Landeck
    they went on to say
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Now that players have had a chance to earn these characters and players will have had much more time to unlock the prerequisite characters in future events, we will be returning back to 5 attempts per refresh.

so it is not likely the number of characters required will change, just the timeframe for farming.
  • Options
    Last time they took this away many complained, I was among those... This time I'm not as surprised.
  • Options
    I feel like the game is slowly coming to an end and they want to milk the players hard one last time before passing the bucket. Please be smart CG, revert it back to 8. Literally everyone in this thread is against it. Players will quit and you will earn less money than if you kept it at 8. Don't make a mistake that is easily avoided.
  • Options
    Must have missed this in the Road Ahead post. That road just got longer and more tedious.
  • Options
    This is bull. It will take more than half a year to farm a character to 7 stars on one node... you're reallly going to make us choose which 3 characters we want at a time? And I still have to find a way to farm gear somehow too right?

Why is it that every single move CG makes seems like an incompetent attempt at a player request or a direct slap to the face? You cant even let us have this one thing? CG truly trying to choke out the few competitive f2p players there are.
  • Options
    CG is Nerfing Players who sim by two’s... two... four... five...?!
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

@Vos_Landeck
    they went on to say

Now that players have had a chance to earn these characters and players will have had much more time to unlock the prerequisite characters in future events, we will be returning back to 5 attempts per refresh.

so it is not likely the number of characters required will change, just the timeframe for farming.

37.5% more time? That much less shards we will get now by decreasing sim to 5 from 8.

I bet all my money, it ain't happen.

Completely don't understand this approach.

• AstroNerdBoy
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    > In a future update we will be changing Hard Nodes back to 5 attempts per refresh. This was temporarily increased with the launch of Mods 2.0 to help players earn Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan.

I call complete and total horse hocky on this. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the 8 attempts was done long before Jedi Revan first dropped. But even if it wasn't, what the heck is wrong with it staying at 8? Its been that way for yonks now. Are you going to increase the drop rates to something like 50% or will they still be crap?

It is cow dung (cause using the letters "B" and "S" is apparently a trigger term) like this that make me want to quit the game. It is clearly a move to try to generate more revenue and guess what? I'M NOT PAYING YOU ANOTHER RED CENT!!!!
  • Options
    I disagree with reducing it to 5 again, but it's not the end of the world.

If you don't generally spend any crystals on node refreshes, it simply means you have to spread out your daily farming on multiple nodes, to get the same amount of shards/day as you did before. The limit is not attempts per node, but how much energy you have, which is the same. If you always focus on one toon, you will farm slower, but two or more simultaneously, at the same speed as before. If you are stuck with only a few shard nodes left to farm, you can farm gear instead. I've kind of missed that.

At 8 / node, I suspect that most players did spend less crystals on buying shards from shipments and more on refreshing nodes and energy, since that is more beneficial. Perhaps the Devs want us to go back to buying from shipments instead, as the main way of speed farming? I probably will, but more than likely I will speed farm slower. I do not know if this translates into players spending more real money on crystals. I rarely did, and I still won't.

Again, I enjoyed 8, but I will live with 5 if that is what the master desires. Perhaps they need to drop it to 5, so they can do double drop events more often? Who knows?
  • Options
    Seriously....bad move folks. Think it’s time to move on.
  • Options
    Am I the only one that sees this as good news?
  • Options
    Cal00054 wrote: »

yes

cg should at least wait until after the JKR event to implement the change
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    I don't like this change, especially since Droideka and B1 are coming to a hard node near you sometime in the next few weeks
  • Options
    The disappointment is real.

Will a refresh still cost 25 energy? If so, I guess I'm never doing that again.
  • Options

No.

The other long term players and/or whales who have already unlocked everything won't be too fussed and may even want their 'investment' protected by something like this.

Looks like they're CGs target audience.
  • Options
    I am so frustrated, how insensitive is it to post the event schedule for the rest of April, and let people set goals and then shatter them with such short notice on changes like this. The considerate thing to do is at least give adequate notice and bring in the change at the start of May.
  • Options

op18y5qbdwca.gif
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    I feel like crumb just stood up, said to himself "hey it's the weekend I'm going home", then shot the middle finger to the whole community/player base.
  • Options
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

In a future update we will be changing Hard Nodes back to 5 attempts per refresh. This was temporarily increased with the launch of Mods 2.0 to help players earn Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan.

We will also be reducing the Crystal price of Mod Salvage in shipments with the next update. This will still be a slightly more expensive way to obtain Mod Salvage compared to farming it from the nodes but a more convenient way to get those materials quickly.

Original Post (LINK)

Can we at least just get the dates of these in the future , it's so vague all the time it's driving me crazy.
This discussion has been closed.