Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    Yeah I mean Disney does have other francises that seem to be good too... and there’s just other games outside the Disney universe that will maybe appreciate their customers and fans
  • So CG here's a couple of things people have learned playing long time mobile games that are still going on and people still play.

1) Don't upset and make your player base angry, they are where you get your money to keep going with your game. If you make them made they're going to drop your game and leave negative reviews.

2) Don't make your whales angry either because they'll stop spending and will leave the game because you make it boring because F2P players can't catch up which means they won't bring in new challenges and they'll be stuck playing the same people over and over.

Quality of life changes that you should actually do.

1) Don't change the number of attempts able to be made on hard nodes.

2) Increase your abysmal character/ship shard drop rates. When you run 16-24 runs and you get maybe 3 shards a piece that's just ridiculous.

3) Fleet cantina needs to be fixed. Either drop the crystal price from 100 to 50 crystals a refresh or make it unlimited attempts and make it like cantina in that way. Unlimited attempts then you have the 3 100 refreshes then increase from there.

4) Update your stores and add more characters into them. Most of your stores people have all the characters in already and it would be nice to see new characters in there so we're not just farming them. Maybe even create another store that isn't the whale store where people need thousands of crystals to buy shards and gear.

In conclusion it would be nice for you to stop dropping this stuff on Fridays and peacing out on us for the weekend. Clear and open communication and discussions with your community are great and will make you look better in the players eyes. You're worried that they'll come after you with torches and pitchforks well they wouldn't if you were honest and open with them here and actually speak and have discussions. Also not just posting on reddit because not everyone likes or uses reddit so communication here on the forums would be much appreciated.
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    Also the stores need to start getting toons being any lower than 8
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    Maybe they’ll increase drop rate to 50%?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • KKatarn wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    While I will be missing the 8 attempts on hard nodes I will still work diligently! Thank you for giving us the extra attempts for the last half a year or so.

Keep up the hard work! Can't wait for Darth Malak, and eventually the best sith ever Darth Bane!

We aren't getting Malak.

What do you mean? They made a direct teaser for him at the end of the revan event.

Which teaser?

a scene after you beat the final stage of darth revan event.
  • At least they aren’t changing the cost to refresh a node back to 50 crystals.

"hold my beer" -CG
  • Lame. When is this change coming?
  • Well,’I’ve dropped $60 on crystals this month for refreshes to make sure I get JKR. May drop another $20-$40. After that I’m done spending. I’ve maybe spent $400 on this mobile game (dear god!!!) but no more. I’ll keep playing because my guild is awesome and I love playing with them, but like many here I’m over the nonsense.

Ps - there’s already a change.org petition about this. I signed it along with 1,500+ people.
  • jstehly
    108 posts Member
    This is disappointing. It still takes forever to farm with 8 attempts.

But I guess it makes sense now that enough people have Darth Revan for it to be annoying. This adds another bottleneck to GA and Territory Wars and causes more people to want Darth Revan. Then CG reduces the ability to farm so that people are forced to buy crystals and use them on shards.
  • I think the root cause of this is power creep, which they absolutely let happen too quickly, and now they see the only way to try and rein it in is to nerf the 8 attempts back to 5. When the game was new and only 3 tries before refresh, the number of toons was much lower. This rate kept players from maxing all the toons too quickly. They then added several toons, ships, etc., and 5 tries was necessary to keep pace. All good until 2018 and all the marquees hit and all hell broke loose, i.e., they misjudged the energy needed to get toons and keep pace. They dumped so many toons into the game that no one could reasonably farm unless 8 tries, whales excepted. And, along with the marquees, they started down the road of 2 zetas, then 3 zetas on toons, and from 3 abilities, to 4,5, and 6, and then eventually 7. The sheer OP in the number of abilities of some of the new toons also created a huge need for many more omegas and zetas per toon, and many of the toons were put on 20 energy LS/DS nodes only (and only one), and so we got 8 tries. If they stated that this was temporary, then technically yes, reverting to 5 tries was implicit. But 8 tries for 7 months is defined as temporary? Maybe in word, but I think most would agree that 7 months is a bit of a stretch to now remind us that it was temporary. And with the release of all the new toons, the events requiring 7* and gr 11/12 to even unlock, 8 tries seems even a bit limiting. Reverting now seems an odd decision unless, as stated above, they are now trying a way to rein in the power creep by slowing down the progression of the toons now out there.

As someone who doesn’t even have JKR, let alone DR, I am frustrated that my farm for KOTOR for upcoming JKR event may be for naught. I can’t possibly just switch to those toons needed for DR because at the new 5 try rate there is no way an average farm would get those toons all the way necessary by the next DR event (contrary to the opinion of some in these forums, this is not Lake Wobegon and not all players are above average, so no, I am not number one in my shard and so no, I don’t generate 800 or 900 crystals per day). So the true meta stays just beyond reach for many, if not most of us. Which is OK in the big picture because I never really enjoyed arena and get more out of guild events and special events. However, given the slow down in progression if we go back to 5 tries, CG just exacerbates the problem that so many of the toons they spent time and money to develop will just remain an unused part of the game for so many - rose, bodi, etc. Some of the developers’ decisions are really quite confounding, even if you assume they are money obsessive...
  • Jellyglob wrote: »
    It just means we won't have new legendary and journey event for a while.

This is basically what I got from the change. No new characters in hard nodes.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    No one wants this (as they should be able to see). So just leave it as it is
  • This is basically what I got from the change. No new characters in hard nodes.

Highly improbable

There are at least 15 obvious points on the table although the farm can be modified, since it includes several characters that have secured purchase in other stores, mainly in the store of GW and Currencies of the Cantina

The Cantina has 2 vacant points, 2 points with characters that have in the GW store and 4 repeated characters (Talia, Lando, Kylo and CW Chewi)

They have plenty of firewood yet to burn before making any changes in the stores. Not counting the table of ships where in node 5 there are empty spaces to spare. (my bet that the emperor's ship and Ebow go there)

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Not a fan of this change but it makes perfect sense to decrease the number of sims allowed. It was too easy to farm toons on time for journey events and a delay of few days was making a world of difference. I can't dislike them for this. It just sucks to live through 5 sims again
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Not a fan of this change but it makes perfect sense to decrease the number of sims allowed. It was too easy to farm toons on time for journey events and a delay of few days was making a world of difference. I can't dislike them for this. It just sucks to live through 5 sims again

The most levelheaded and accurate post yet
  • Since my drop rate for Juhani continues to be 0-1/8 or 0-2/16 every single day, I can assume that I’m losing nothing... 🙄😂
  • @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb the more you tighten your fist, the more money slips through your fingers....

• Eonixx
    62 posts Member
    There is no acceptable reason to this change, the explication they gave to us is pathetic at most.
    Nobody, nobody and nobody can be happy about such a nerf, it is basically a 40% nerf on farming toons.
    I mean why...when they launched the last road ahead, with all those shiny points, all those 5 years planning stuff, it was a moment of pure joy, from a player perspective.
    But the gear trick on DR and this make me sad.

I don't want to leave the game, but I feel that I will if the new 5 tries system will be too much to handle for me.
  • I'm not pleased with this move, CG. It's hard and time consuming enough as it is to finish a 20 energy farm.
    You guys are really tightening the pursestrings.
  • Darth Revan was the first thing that made me spend money. I bought crystals to refresh nodes for Juhani because of terrible drop rates (26.4% over the course of the whole farm). Now, at 5/day, I will not be close enough for any next thing to have a chance. It may not mean anything to lose my $20, but multiply that by every F2P that gets pushed to keep up by spending a little and it might make a dent. Oh well, guess you are too good for my money!
  • Sewperbad
    56 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    These greedy pigs know they can keep draining bank accounts so they’ll keep doing them. Bad Job CrumBum.
  • Also if you’re gonna make this bird brain change increase drop rates. Ya keep finding ways for me to never want to spend another dime.
  • This reversion is unnecessary. Gear choke is already enough.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    StarDog89 wrote: »
    Ok dumb question alert: Since when has mod salvage been in shipments?

a while.

I've never seen it. Just checked again. Care to expound on where I can find it? What store is it in?
  • Vote 1 for sheet change
  • CG, why don't you make farming faster for a change? We could use more energy, considering the vast amount of characters you release in a very short time.
    Nice things aside. You never fail to disappoint! I hope that liscense you got expires.
  • lol all the people talking about "quitting" I'm sure that will happen.
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    Other Features:
    Weekly Shipment: A new shipment has been added for level 85 players. This shipment sells high value items that only refresh once a week. No refresh button is available.
    Mod Quests: A variety of new Mod quests related to unlocking Mod Battles and Slicing Mods have been added
    Mod Daily Activities: A new daily activity to do 3 battles that cost Mod Energy has been added. Also the “Level a Mod” Daily activity that appears for level 50-60 players has been removed.
    Increased Hard Node Attempts: Hard Nodes attempts have been increased from 5 to 8

Where in this description does it say temporary....
    Stop the lies @CG_SBCrumb

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/180392/game-update-8-30-2018-mods-2-0#latest

lets be real weekly shipments i garbage (4 of the same refresh in a month)
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    Whaaat? I like this game because of the characters and the competition fun. The farming time is awful and they decide to make it worse? There are other areas of this game that are outdated, why they dont update them? The achievements are ridicilous, also raid rewards, many store characters.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    So with the fallacy, "this change is bad for new players" I completely disagree. This change slows focused farming across the board and specifically to just released characters aka everyone equally.

Additionally, if you're trying to acquire many characters as a new player, just farm more simultaneously. The rate will even out and perhaps be faster depending how many hard mode characters you're targeting.

That is all, back to the regularly scheduled program...

The problem for new players comes from the inability to focus farm as quickly at five/day. I’ve been playing for four months so I’m quite versed on the new player experience. I could do two hard nodes at 24 attempts per day and have two characters finished in 42 days, a long but reasonable timeframe considering there are 170 total toons in the game. At five/day that’ll take me 66 days. Still “doable” in between most events but only if that event only requires two hard nodes.

It’ll certainly make my current bossk/HT farm much, much slower as I try to catch up to those who already have them 5-7* on my shard.

By your logic, the advantage will be farming more toons at once but at the price of time. At five/day it will take 198 days to 7* a toon. 6.5 months. Over half a year. Sure, I could work like seven toons/ships all at the same time but getting my shards at the slower rate isn’t going to give me any immediate RoI, therefore removing the satisfaction of finishing a toon or faction every month or two.

I’m new so I’m 100% not worried about getting the newest shiny thing ASAP. I spend some money here and there and have relatively high arena ranks for being so new. I just want to be able to farm things at an efficient rate. The rate I have known since I joined. 42 days is already a long time to finish a character. 126 days if you don’t refresh is already too long. 66 days focused and 198 slow farm is just out of this world.

To reiterate a couple points I’ve made in other chats on this topic:

It doesn’t matter if they told us this was temporary or not. Letting it last for six months made the community expect this as the norm.

Reducing the rate at which the f2p/low tier spender can farm is bad for the community and the long term health of the game. Plankton die > fish die > whales die.

There’s a large gap between old players who have maybe 10-30/170 characters left to farm and new players who only have 10-30/170 characters finished. There needs to be a retooling of how new players can acquire the B/C/D teams that are used in so many places yet won’t affect the whales and their meta.

This game has staying power due to its complex and challenging nature combined with a Star Wars fan base that dates back generations. Don’t let the CEOs force moves that will alienate your new players. You need them just as much as you need whales to sustain through natural turnover.
This discussion has been closed.