Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• mvmss
    213 posts Member
    I'm sure that by dropping from 8 to 5 there won't be any more 1 node characters, right?
  • Not sure I'll keep playing after that change. :(
  • 8 to 5 isn't enough, can we please change to 3 ?
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I understand that they want more money. That is ok. But this is a bad way to do it. Why not just add more things to purchase. Like zeta bundles. Every whale would purchase those. This will just make everyone angry.
  • VoodooKing
    101 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Just leave it at 8...... 5x0 or 8x0 shard is still 0.

You stopped putting anymore new toons in the stores and now you want to make the farming longer. Tell us please, whether this is fun. It's not fun at all. More of a chore now.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    In a future update we will be changing Hard Nodes back to 5 attempts per refresh.

You really hate your players, don’t you? This is manure.
  • Please listen to the community and keep it at 8 attempts.
    So many characters to farm, especially for new players. It’s gonna be a terrible experience going back to 5 attempts.
    Otherwise at least start releasing chars in stores again...
  • umm very bad move not liking this one that is all ....this might break the camels back
  • Kyno wrote: »
    yaklan42 wrote: »
    Y'all obviously don't remember that
    a) they told us that the change to 8 was temporary
    b) it used to be 3 attempts a day

I'm mostly curious if the refresh cost will stay at 25/50/100/100 or will go back to 50 and up

as far as we know the refresh cost is not changing.

So we'll continue to pay 25 crystals for a total of 16 attempts? Cool.
  • Chuwps
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    X
    Post edited by Chuwps on
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    lol all the people talking about "quitting" I'm sure that will happen.

It's been happening for quite some time on the top of my shard and on my guild.

Not the talk part, the quit part.

Those things spread like cancer. Once the idea that the game is slowly crawling to its own end spreads and doesn't go away, the idea slowly becomes the reality.

I'm ok with the 5 sims/node, as long as each character has AT LEAST 2 farming locations, as it was before. A 1 node character at 5 sims/day is just plain wrong and not reasonable.

That's alienatijg new players and **** off old ones at the same time.
  • Let’s recap 2019: There has been a GG rework that didn’t rework as advertised in promo vids, a botched grand arena with “modified round rewards” that were never given or were given in a way that was not transparent, a protracted server outage that further inconvenienced the community to have to open help desk tickets instead of receiving universal comp like times of old, a sim slider change that seems largely unpopular because it causes people to inadvertently spend energy, a delayed Darth Revan release that prevented him from being Darth Revanue and aggravated p2p players.

We’re only in the beginning of April!

The last time I remember this much anger was when one of CG’s devs or whomever started openly ripping into the community here and they had to go on a public relations push for a month.

Seems like they didn’t learn from that. Is there really a five year road map or are they winding down the game?
  • This happened thanks to those who bragged in the forums about getting 7* chase ships easily. I hope you are proud, you caused the worst nerf in the history of the game.
  • Please don't
  • As a relatively new player who has only ever known 8 try hard nodes, this is a kick in the guts. Was really considering spending some money on getting JTR farm finished, but if this is a sign of the future, I'm done. Don't want to spend any more time on a game that is made harder and less fun for no reason.
  • vBfzduk.jpg
  • Just... no
  • Kenkenkaden
    170 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Please bring back 3 attempts like the old day.
  • avins
    32 posts Member
    They said it was temporary since the start when they announced the change to 8, i expected to be shorter. it lasted so long that all of you forgot it. I thank CG, I didnt farm two revans, but i got all other legendary characters due the 8 attempts and i have only one year f2p account. i dominate in fleet arena with falcon and gran arena cause i could farm all that legendaries, now i miss only 2 revans.
  • mvmss wrote: »
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    lol all the people talking about "quitting" I'm sure that will happen.

It's been happening for quite some time on the top of my shard and on my guild.

Not the talk part, the quit part.

Those things spread like cancer. Once the idea that the game is slowly crawling to its own end spreads and doesn't go away, the idea slowly becomes the reality.

I'm ok with the 5 sims/node, as long as each character has AT LEAST 2 farming locations, as it was before. A 1 node character at 5 sims/day is just plain wrong and not reasonable.

That's alienatijg new players and **** off old ones at the same time.

I’ve noticed it too. A lot of folks are quitting. IMO, there have been a lot of penny wise pound foolish decisions of late.
  • Bad move
  • LizMol wrote: »
    Let’s recap 2019: There has been a GG rework that didn’t rework as advertised in promo vids, a botched grand arena with “modified round rewards” that were never given or were given in a way that was not transparent, a protracted server outage that further inconvenienced the community to have to open help desk tickets instead of receiving universal comp like times of old, a sim slider change that seems largely unpopular because it causes people to inadvertently spend energy, a delayed Darth Revan release that prevented him from being Darth Revanue and aggravated p2p players.

We’re only in the beginning of April!

The last time I remember this much anger was when one of CG’s devs or whomever started openly ripping into the community here and they had to go on a public relations push for a month.

Seems like they didn’t learn from that. Is there really a five year road map or are they winding down the game?

Don’t forget the inexplicable credit heist change and Kyno out here defending it for some reason.
  • For a newer player, 6 months or so, this is really discouraging. I honestly had no idea that the hard node farms had ever been something other than 8.

My JKR farm is (or was) scheduled to end on April 30th. I've based that, and my spending on refreshes, on the calendar CG/EA published. Now I'm screwed.

I love this game and have happily spent money on it, but it's pretty hard to look at an un-started Darth Revan farm, when tons of players were able to get him with 8 sims rather than 5, and see the point of continuing to pay...or play.....
  • *dislike*

This feels like reverse quality-of-life. While you will get some people who recognize that you put the word temporary in some places when you made the increase, I doubt you’ll find anyone who says this is actually a good move for any of the player base at all. Hard nodes still take a long time to farm at the 8, And having had them at 8 for so long people are now doing their math based on 8. This really screws up planning.

What is the ETA? Right in the middle of when people are trying to finish their Bounty Hunter ships for the second round of the Falcon? Two weeks before Jedi Knight Revan comes back at the end of this month? Or maybe in May right when you are trying to get people excited for new content around May 4 and instead are pulling the rug out from their ability to farm hard nodes as fast as they have been able to for six months?

Making an increase like this for two weeks is a temporary move. Leaving it for as long as you have really goes past that statute and now feels kind of like a middle finger to the players.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    The most stupid things you could do... You do it...
    Is it an imperative for ea game to destroy your game?
  • I really think @CG_Carrie despises the player base. Only explanation to these bizarre decisions.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I do not like the announcement, but I think it is understandable, as some other stated before.

For me the following is most reasonable: They wanted to protect the p2p base, as many f2p were able to unlock both revans. They are now srceawing up the arenas. I can blaim a company for wanting to earn money, but it will nothing change. Now many more people will again purchase shards from the shipment, so more money. It is how this world works.

What they furthermore gain due to this change is more time in developing new toons or perhaps raids. If this results in not absoltutely OP kits, like for JKR, I am fine with this. If there is a new raid, it would be even better.

I will continue refreshing my nodes, even if it is more expensive, I just want my DR. And despite that I just spread the farm. But yeah, 8 attempts were really nice, as you had somehow the ffeling you have progress in your roster. I am not happy with this, but I will not quit.

I am much more concerned about the downside for new players.

Of course, the f2p are drastically more effected by this change, than p2p are as it stretches the time to get gamechanging content significantly. And that sucks. So here is an easy solution and a not upsetting model for everyone @CG:

Put old content, chars which are just farmable on hardnotes for legendarys and journeys, into the galactic war and cantina store. Yep, you said nothing will be added there anymore... But lets assume, just one char of every faction is additionaly inside these stores.
    A newbie has now more energy to spend, and if he want to finish the upcoming event completely, he might be even considering to refresh the other nodes or buying shards in the shipments ($$$), for the chars which are needed for the event.
    The nice thing in this model is: No older player will be affeted by something like this, so they do not care about this change. I think they will be even happier (like me), as newer players are now faster useful for the guild events.

And on the other hand you would make this game a little bit more attractive ($$) and the actual new player base really happy ($). And players, which are cathcing up, are perhaps also new customers for new content ($$$), as they have the feeling, that they can catch up.

You have to know, I want to play this game a few months or years longer, so it would be nice, that you give players the chance to catch up, as otherwise we are at some point in the future alone with our GM, which will just be to high for other players.
This discussion has been closed.