Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• StarSon wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Y'all are a little dramatic. I'm not thrilled by the change, but they did tell us it was temporary. Honestly lasted longer than I expected. So long as they don't go back to 3 it'll be fine.

It's not dramatic...it just makes the game less fun and more of a grind. The game has added so many more characters that you need to move up the tries...it's like try inflation.

It's definitely dramatic. When the game launched, it was 3 attempts. They eventually upped it to 5, which is better. They tested 8 a long time ago and left it for just a little while. And when they gave us 8 this time they were very up front with the fact that it was temporary. It's not their fault no one listened.

No one is arguing that they said it was temporary...the argument is that they should not move it back because the number of characters that are needed, especially to get the best/highest level characters/ships. Just like you can't compare 1960 food prices with now, you can't say "well it was 3 before".

Again...it's not dramatic. It just makes the game a lot less fun to play if your completion date went from 3 months to 5 months. That drop in fun makes people less willing to play this game. CG obviously knows this and they believe that the loss of players will be made up by the additional income generated.

From a player prospective, it is a bad move.

I understand the argument. But have you *seen* this thread? People are being dramatic.

Whether you think they should move it back or not, they said they would. Now they are. Like it or not, trashing them because they did what they said they would is dramatic.

Hello CG plant....no one could possibly defend this decision. You are not one of us.
  • When my guildmates said the hard node attempts were going back to 5 I thought they were joking. This has got to be the most asinine change they've ever made, and certainly the most universally disliked. CG can take their 5 attempts and go stick em where the sun don't shine.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    You want to make it more slower than that?
    I will not defend you this time!
    Good luck
    k6sjrc6tcf67.png
  • Typical move by the devs and devs. Here’s a idea, let’s not do that and try to keep the existing player that you have now. It’s not like new players are coming in droves like they used too.

The drop rate sucks as it is. Moving to 8 was one of the few things they’ve done us right by in the last year. But hey, lets make all new toons and ships in the hard node with only 5 plays so we can just get bored with the game while waiting an eternity to make them relevant. By the time toon is 7*s it’ll be about as useful as farmboy skywalker.

Waiting for the typical contrarian player response to tell us it’s not a big deal. Those people are my favorites.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Not that it matters, but I figured I'd add on to the "we hate EA/CG" megathread.

This is a miserable change. 8 attempts is on the edge of tolerable. 5 is miserable. One of the biggest problems that this game has faced that disheartened player is Marquee fatigue. That was not actually the problem. The problem is Marquee then straight to a 20 energy hard node fatigue. Way to go making that worse.

I wonder if there are any other good changes that could be taken away to make the game as miserable as possible. I'm sure they will be implemented ASAP.
  • RogiWan
    97 posts Member
    Its really becoming a whales only game
  • Thank all the people on the forum who are CG apologists, whining about those who speak up and let their dissatisfaction be heard, for the continued trolling of the community by the devs.

You reap what you sow.

• ApoJake
    16 posts Member
    To be honest, I'll probably end up spending LESS crystals than before. Back when it was 5 sims, I could refresh a node without having to spend crystals to get more energy. So... thanks.... I guess...?
  • RogiWan wrote: »
    Its really becoming a whales only game

Most of them have left the game, that is what is forcing them to squeeze those still here.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    PeldorV wrote: »
    mvmss wrote: »
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    lol all the people talking about "quitting" I'm sure that will happen.

It's been happening for quite some time on the top of my shard and on my guild.

Not the talk part, the quit part.

Those things spread like cancer. Once the idea that the game is slowly crawling to its own end spreads and doesn't go away, the idea slowly becomes the reality.

I'm ok with the 5 sims/node, as long as each character has AT LEAST 2 farming locations, as it was before. A 1 node character at 5 sims/day is just plain wrong and not reasonable.

That's alienatijg new players and **** off old ones at the same time.

I’ve noticed it too. A lot of folks are quitting. IMO, there have been a lot of penny wise pound foolish decisions of late.

This. We've had several launch whales from our guild quit the game in the last month. Decisions like this discourage new and old, whale and f2p alike.

Many very poor decisions made related to game direction the last 18 or so months.

I vote "No confidence" in CG's leadership team.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Just a reminder to all. In the mods 2.0 post, it DID NOT say that this was a temp change. The first time they raised it to 8 it was said to be temporary. This is a bad change all around.
  • I have initialized my account here for the sole purpose of protesting this.
    Please don't do this CG :'(
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    So CG here's a couple of things people have learned playing long time mobile games that are still going on and people still play.

1) Don't upset and make your player base angry, they are where you get your money to keep going with your game. If you make them made they're going to drop your game and leave negative reviews.

2) Don't make your whales angry either because they'll stop spending and will leave the game because you make it boring because F2P players can't catch up which means they won't bring in new challenges and they'll be stuck playing the same people over and over.

Quality of life changes that you should actually do.

1) Don't change the number of attempts able to be made on hard nodes.

2) Increase your abysmal character/ship shard drop rates. When you run 16-24 runs and you get maybe 3 shards a piece that's just ridiculous.

3) Fleet cantina needs to be fixed. Either drop the crystal price from 100 to 50 crystals a refresh or make it unlimited attempts and make it like cantina in that way. Unlimited attempts then you have the 3 100 refreshes then increase from there.

4) Update your stores and add more characters into them. Most of your stores people have all the characters in already and it would be nice to see new characters in there so we're not just farming them. Maybe even create another store that isn't the whale store where people need thousands of crystals to buy shards and gear.

In conclusion it would be nice for you to stop dropping this stuff on Fridays and peacing out on us for the weekend. Clear and open communication and discussions with your community are great and will make you look better in the players eyes. You're worried that they'll come after you with torches and pitchforks well they wouldn't if you were honest and open with them here and actually speak and have discussions. Also not just posting on reddit because not everyone likes or uses reddit so communication here on the forums would be much appreciated.

Because "I want it now!"

QOL? More like I don't want to spend to build up my roster, so in going to complain in hope of changing the game to work more to my benefit.

Your requests are unrealistic and most importantly dont have a chance of happening.

Did you even look at his roster? How do you know if he hasn’t spent to build up his roster? There are a lot of people that have spent good money on this game and are not happy with the move.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    The older players were once upon new players with only 3 attempts and 50 crystal refreshes. We survived. Why can't new players survive 5 attempts with 25 crystal refreshes?

Back on the good old days we only needed 10 characters... 5 Dark side, 5 Light side, and you pick your arena team on these 10

There was no raid, not even yoda, level max was 70 or 75, no omegas... the thing that required most toons was galactic war... and you could still build your squads from characters from different stores, arena, GW, cantina, so yeah, you didnt even needed to farm in hard nodes
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    At least they aren’t changing the cost to refresh a node back to 50 crystals.

Ironically, that change they did advertise as temporary... not the node attempts.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    A little background for context here; for those of you who aren't familiar with EA/Bioware's newest game, Anthem, a game that was in development for 6 years and it was the biggest gaming disappointment of 2019 due to it's lack of content and horrible loot system. Anthem's developers made a mistake which accidentally allowed players to earn more loot for a weekend, players weren't aware that this was a bug and they loved it! After a few days the devs came out and "patched" the bug returning loot to it's grindy state that it was before. This caused many players to abandon the game in disappointment.

Now we have the hard node attempts returned to 5 and although it was not a bug, the point is that players are happy with 8 and taking it back to 5 will make them disappointed. Players don't have the patience to spend 6 months to 7 star characters, it's simple as that. Let us be happy and stop messing with things are working perfectly fine. Has anyone ever heard a player complain about 8 attempts? But last time they took 8 down to 5 people had the same reaction, why won't you learn?

and do not speak about what they did with SW - old republic... horrible...
  • Dal_Zuba
    189 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    8rj1qa0fjyxi.png
    Post edited by Dal_Zuba on
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Yay! Now it’ll be late 2019 before I finish Carth and Juhani and 2020 before I BH ships! It was already enough of a slog now. Thanks!
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    CapnJack81 wrote: »
    I'm yet another who believed this to be a bad idea. Sure, ya said it was temporary, but mot our fault it was left in far longer and came to be expected.

Just another reason to start looking at some of the new games out there. Good job

They never said it was temporary, until this update.
    It's a lie

Here's the original announcement

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/180392/game-update-8-30-2018-mods-2-0#latest
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Don’t know why everyone is so upset. They said 8 tries was gonna be temporary. I used the time to my advantage...169/171 toons I was able to get 7*. The only 2 toons I’m missing are the last latest droids. I remember the days when it took 6 months to 7* a toon. I made sure to use the 8 tries a day to my advantage.
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    I'm yet another who believed this to be a bad idea. Sure, ya said it was temporary, but mot our fault it was left in far longer and came to be expected.

Just another reason to start looking at some of the new games out there. Good job

It's a lie

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/180392/game-update-8-30-2018-mods-2-0#latest

Interesting spot
  • DT_Jango
    125 posts Member
    The end is NIGH!
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »

It's a lie

Interesting spot

It was in the game update...

sbrubzf8s4d2.jpg

Proof that this pic is from the latest 5 to 8 node change and not the 1st one?
    The fact that ship nodes are not mentioned leads me to believe this is from the 1st increase.
  • Mandragon
    169 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    as many have said in this thread. I believe this to be a poor move by CG.. I'll add my voice. Please reconsider this one!
  • Just another cash grab by CG. This is weak.
This discussion has been closed.