How much guild shop currency do you sit on?

I'm a member of a guild that can run raids almost daily with some even running 2 at the same time. Between the raid rewards and whatever I earn from my rank in raid ticket farming at 630pm I usually have at least about 2 - 3000 tokens at any one time which I typically only spend on much needed gear and zeta material and maybe the occasional logray when he shows up. How much have any of you ever saved up at one time and how much do you spend regularly and if so on what?

Replies

• I save about the amount you do and farm stark and wamp but mostly gear, although the devs had said new characters are coming to guild stores so I've been saving currency, currently I'm sitting on about 30,000.
  • I save about the amount you do and farm stark and wamp but mostly gear, although the devs had said new characters are coming to guild stores so I've been saving currency, currently I'm sitting on about 30,000.
    Have they said that? I thought they’d clearly said that no new characters would go in Arena, Cantina, GW stores. That is not the same as saying new characters ARE going in the other stores.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Enough to buy a couple of packs of any rare toon I'm farming, otherwise nothing. I need gear.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    I pretty much burn that currency as fast as I get it. If they do add a new character, I'll still earn it fast enough to pretty much buy 5 characters shards every time the store refreshes, so I'm okay without a stockpile of that one
  • None. I spend it as fast as I get it. That's the best place to get rare gear and I'm always gearing.
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    I save about the amount you do and farm stark and wamp but mostly gear, although the devs had said new characters are coming to guild stores so I've been saving currency, currently I'm sitting on about 30,000.

Sorry but that’s not true at all. New characters are not coming to any stores (maybe except the Guild event store). I dont have any tokens saved for fleet store or any store, as soon as I have enough for a zeta, I purchase it.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I save about the amount you do and farm stark and wamp but mostly gear, although the devs had said new characters are coming to guild stores so I've been saving currency, currently I'm sitting on about 30,000.
    Have they said that? I thought they’d clearly said that no new characters would go in Arena, Cantina, GW stores. That is not the same as saying new characters ARE going in the other stores.

They said every store except the guild store was "done" and would never receive new characters. Granted, there's no law that says they can't change their minds, but cantina/GW/arena currency are so easy to get that I doubt they'd put anyone there. It'd basically be giving a free 7* to anyone who's been playing a while.

I'm also not sure if the GEC and shard stores were included in that. Guild store is def still eligible though, as Young Han is there and he's not that old.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• 28k here and I spent 10k or so gearing Darth Revan
  • Jarvind wrote: »

They said every store except the guild store was "done" and would never receive new characters. Granted, there's no law that says they can't change their minds, but cantina/GW/arena currency are so easy to get that I doubt they'd put anyone there. It'd basically be giving a free 7* to anyone who's been playing a while.

I'm also not sure if the GEC and shard stores were included in that. Guild store is def still eligible though, as Young Han is there and he's not that old.

Yeah, that’s 100% not the same as them saying new toons WILL go in that store.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Curious how you're buying zeta material using Guild Currency or Guild Event Tokens. I've missed a memo...

Never go full paranoid. If they said the others won't get new toons and they didn't mention this, it is more than likely that SOMETIME there will be a new one. Could be tomorrow, could be 4 months from now. I have 25k myself, ready to adapt in case I need something new

Never go full paranoid. If they said the others won't get new toons and they didn't mention this, it is more than likely that SOMETIME there will be a new one. Could be tomorrow, could be 4 months from now. I have 25k myself, ready to adapt in case I need something new
    But you can only buy new character shards 4 times a day unless you spend crystals on a store refresh. Which equates to 1800 per day spending.

I’ve checked raid rewards, TW rewards, daily activity rewards and I earn just short of that (on average) every day over a 2 week period.

So, if a new toon dropped in guild store, I’d simply stop buying gear and spend all my currency on their shards. At worst I’d be a couple of days behind someone with a war chest like you.
  • MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Between the raid rewards and whatever I earn from my rank in raid ticket farming at 630pm I usually have at least about 2 - 3000 tokens at any one time which I typically only spend on much needed gear and zeta material

Do you even play SWGOH? You don't get any currency for farming raid tickets. You get Guild Store Tokens for the daily activity. That activity might get you raid tickets at the same time, but it might not. It's an entirely different thing. Also, there are no zeta materials to buy in the Guild Store. Ever.

...as for whether or not I keep a war chest? Sure. I keep a war chest of 10k GW Tokens. Why? Well, there's very little likelihood that a new toon will be added, and if a new ship got added to random rotation it wouldn't be showing up so often that you couldn't keep up with daily GW rewards, so it seems useless. But for me it's a psychological strategy. Effectively it's a back-up to shard shop currency, so that if I blow all my ShShC I can reload quickly in an emergency. I tend to auto-by the 5/186 and 5/210 packs of gear as they are the best deals there and other things cost less in comparison in other stores. (The 3/252 salvage is a 100% markup over the 5/210 salvage in the Shard Shop which is a worse markup than it is in the Guild Store where it's a perfect 50% markup). I get a huge influx from ROLO and IPD shards during TBs, but even with a steady 228/day from GW Tokens buying ships, my cache will trend downwards. If I hit zero and there's something I need, I can always dip into GW store. Otherwise I keep it around for panic gearing, like when I was trying to complete my 7* Threepio and needed more & more gear on a short time frame. With 10k around, that's a reserve of 1900 ShShC, which I find to be just about right, but I don't have to worry about being tempted to go below, since it would have to be converted from GW. Since anything in the GW store is worthless to me now, i won't be tempted to spend my GW tokens down on other things. So it's pretty much the same as keeping a couple thousand ShShC on hand, but with less temptation.

Everything else I keep a reserve of a couple thousand, below which I can only buy X thing that's a priority but isn't in the store all the time. That makes sure that I got Logray every time he showed up, that sort of thing.

Credits vary wildly. Sometimes I'll have 8-10M hanging around. Sometimes I'll get 12.5M from a credit heist and spend it all on mods. I don't intentionally keep a reserve unless I'm hanging on to them short term for a very specific purpose. But i don't always have an immediate priority for my credits either.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    I don’t hoard guild currency, I just buy gear I need as soon as i get it. It is very easy to get guild currency anyway so if something new would appear in the guild shop I will just start buying it then.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    They recently said that they are looking into placing toons into the GET store when they announced Galactic Chase, and other new methods of releases instead of just marquee. I've been saving my GET currency since then
  • Did they mention which toons would be coming? And what is galactic chase?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Carrie wrote:
    Alongside this and the more traditional events, we will be introducing more achievement-based characters this year. They may show up as actual achievement rewards or in currency shops (such as Wampa and Hermit Yoda). We’ll be able to talk about that more in-depth in coming months.

From the January Road Ahead
  • Wonder when they'll bring it back up. With the hysteria from the node attempt drop going to 5 i didn't remember any of this. Hopefully they set it up soon with the craziness of the revans pretty much done and by this I mean no huge kotor releases aside from maybe malak.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Hording isn't fun and I have all the characters.

I mark a couple characters as Favorites and whenever I piece of gear shows up with the Favorite flag on it, I buy it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Tilidi
    56 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/194356/road-ahead-1-31-2019

and more precisely these lines from Carrie:

"Alongside this and the more traditional events, we will be introducing more achievement-based characters this year. They may show up as actual achievement rewards or in currency shops (such as Wampa and Hermit Yoda). We’ll be able to talk about that more in-depth in coming months."

I have saved up 30k GETs so far, goal is 89100 to buy 330 shards...
    And I had just finished Hoda 2 weeks before that announcement, I just wished I could spend all my GETs, but no...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Tilidi wrote: »
    I have saved up 30k GETs so far, goal is 89100 to buy 330 shards...

You realize you’re going to gain tokens while you’re spending them, right? You may as well use some of those to buy gear that will help you right now instead of saving for maybe someday there being a character you want.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Tilidi
    56 posts Member
    It is a gamble, and I do buy every stun gun available in GET store.