Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• The problem here is that everyone is just **** and making demands and threatening to take action. Nothing will get accomplished by complaining. The only way things change is when action is taken. Doing things like not spending money on the game is a good start but I'm sure that many of the gamers whining about the changes will still pay in secret because if even half of them who currently are **** about this actually stopped throwing cash in this game then our voices will be heard. Just stop **** away your money and maybe the devs will get a hint
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    So with the fallacy, "this change is bad for new players" I completely disagree. This change slows focused farming across the board and specifically to just released characters aka everyone equally.

Additionally, if you're trying to acquire many characters as a new player, just farm more simultaneously. The rate will even out and perhaps be faster depending how many hard mode characters you're targeting.

That is all, back to the regularly scheduled program...

So absolutely incorrect, jeez dude, common sense. Newer players have to farm more hard node characters, legendary or not smh, reducing the # of attempts absolutely hurts newer players more than older players. Its basic math dude.
  • My shard farm is too far ahead of my gear farm at the moment so this won't negatively effect me for awhile. They included reducing the crystal cost of salvage in the post, depending on how much they reduce it, it could be a net benefit for a lot of minows and dolphins.
  • Altazar
    49 posts Member
    This was temporarily increased with the launch of Mods 2.0 to help players earn Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan.

Really? There wasn't any information that was temporary. What if I don't have any Raven?
    That's is not fear.
  • 6qfugyp1826v.gif
    Akkkhem! Excuuse me? Why not wait for dr to come out again?
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    The problem here is that everyone is just **** and making demands and threatening to take action. Nothing will get accomplished by complaining. The only way things change is when action is taken. Doing things like not spending money on the game is a good start but I'm sure that many of the gamers whining about the changes will still pay in secret because if even half of them who currently are **** about this actually stopped throwing cash in this game then our voices will be heard. Just stop **** away your money and maybe the devs will get a hint

Imo the lack of spending caused this change
  • Im not too angry about it, if not at all. Im just saying itll push my farming waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back.

Perhaps they want to wait to add "thanos" into the game, and theyre pushing off the event.
  • No problem for me, im hoarding crystals, with about 2700 in my account right now
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Iamme wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Iamme wrote: »
    Please listen to the player community, absolutely no one wants this to happen! This makes no sense, other than to try and make people use more crystals, which will be more than offset by the people who stop playing altogether because of their frustration.

I want this to happen

Can you perhaps elaborate as to why you want this to happen?, to make your farming slog even longer? There is no reasonable explanation to want this, but please enlighten us as why this is a good thing.

They have plans.
    Currently stuff is to easy available, now they change it.
    We have still the 25 and 50 refresh.
    That's 75 crystals for 15 attempts. Seems reasonable, since they introduced many ways to earn crystals over time.
    By announcing an 5 year plan they probably planned ahead and figured an way to continue.

That silly petition want change anything.
    Changing a 5 year plan for a few whiny player seems unreasonable.

Lol nah, I think CG has a lack of plans. They’re doing this to slow down the game because they’re quickly running out of ideas. They’re literally buying time. Sure, the next movie is coming out this year but how much game content did the last movie inspire? I think CG is worried and they’re attempting to slow things down.
  • USPTO
    12 posts Member
    I rarely post, but wow - this is a bad decision. Taking desirable things out of the game is just a **** move. How about ADDING more desirable things to the game?

Say add a layer to release cadence for placing 18 month old characters in a store?

Or add a “Random farmable character shard lottery box” to each store?

Or updating the Challenges (Mace Windu anyone?) to drop useful gear?

But no, instead you are taking something away?

Geez guys and gals, that’s just poor form.

• Decreasing the QOL in a game that already commands so much of our time is a bad idea and a poor way to treat your players.
  • This is actually a joke right
  • I’m not mad, CG, just disappointed. And also mad.
  • It's ridiculous trying to farm hard node characters and this is going to make it nearly impossible
  • Darthsm
    56 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

In a future update we will be changing Hard Nodes back to 5 attempts per refresh. This was temporarily increased with the launch of Mods 2.0 to help players earn Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan.

Now that players have had a chance to earn these characters and players will have had much more time to unlock the prerequisite characters in future events, we will be returning back to 5 attempts per refresh.

We will also be reducing the Crystal price of Mod Salvage in shipments with the next update. This will still be a slightly more expensive way to obtain Mod Salvage compared to farming it from the nodes but a more convenient way to get those materials quickly.

Original Post (LINK)

You had me at hello

So what if this makes the grind for characters even worse. The game is so fresh and fun they could charge $10/hr to play and I still wouldn't give them any money.

Can't complain
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    No problem for me, im hoarding crystals, with about 2700 in my account right now

Cute..... You can buy one stun gun.....
  • Haidon
    35 posts Member
    I also do not approve of the lowering of the number of attempts on individual nodes from 8 to 5.
    At 8, I had a chance of being able to complete characters in a somewhat reasonable time frame. Back to 5, and it’s going to be as unattainable as it was beforehand.
  • Hacim
    5 posts Member
    Back when the game had only had 5 sims allotted they also put newer characters in the shops for us. they have stated that was no longer going to happen so farming through battles is the only way which is cow dung if they revert the sims they should add characters to the shops again
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Carrie will get back from vacation read thread and be like “see told you no one would complain”... what else can we cut back on after the cutbacks on

Bronziums
    Bronziums drops
    Stuns in stores
    Removing eyeballs
    Ship omega drop rAte under 5%

“Maybe we can remove ability to farm toons, just gonto shipments”. It will be a hit !!!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    News is that it will be put back to the standard 5 tries instead of 8. They also recently killed 25 crystal energy refreshes back to 50 I think? Mainly looking for new comparison to shard shop and weekly store.

I think Shard Shop is 80 crystals per shard. Weekly store is 100.

So I'm going over top of my head and blow at math, but if you don't count free energy, I think 3 x energy and 3 x node refreshes = 300 crystals for 15 tries @ .33% drop chance = 300 crystals for 5 shards or 60 per shard? Beyond that shard shop and weekly store would be better value, right?
  • Are we getting a reduction in price for Mod salvage? How about a reduction in price for Mk 8 BioTech Implant Salvage. I quit buying the components because gaining salvage is slow and more expensive than components. I just save crystals from payouts and buy the complete gold eyeball.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    So, this has really become a thing now, release news on Friday, leave office and let the players just vent over the weekend and what, hope your game doesn't continue to die?

Why are CG becoming some of the worst devs known to mankind?
  • This is complete crap. All new characters are put in crystal shipments or hard nodes. Which takes months to farm to 7 stars. And that was with node refreshes and having 8 attempts. Start adding characters back to the stores, refresh the bronzium drops to add newer releases, and stop creating the panic farms by hiding return events from the calendar
  • Gorem wrote: »
    So, this has really become a thing now, release news on Friday, leave office and let the players just vent over the weekend and what, hope your game doesn't continue to die?

Why are CG becoming some of the worst devs known to mankind?

This has been happening for awhile now.

• CommanderMime
    44 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Dhuriya24 wrote: »
    Also curious about how 0% of the important characters needed for Revan/Dre ended up in the GEC store or the Guild store :|

To be fair, the devs said a while ago that no more characters will be going to GW/Arena/guild. Those areas are now intended for shard shop farming once you get all the important toons 7*, and of you really use GEC to farm characters then I have to question your choices.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    So with the fallacy, "this change is bad for new players" I completely disagree. This change slows focused farming across the board and specifically to just released characters aka everyone equally.

Additionally, if you're trying to acquire many characters as a new player, just farm more simultaneously. The rate will even out and perhaps be faster depending how many hard mode characters you're targeting.

That is all, back to the regularly scheduled program...

So absolutely incorrect, jeez dude, common sense. Newer players have to farm more hard node characters, legendary or not smh, reducing the # of attempts absolutely hurts newer players more than older players. Its basic math dude.

How does it hurt them? Theyre shard isnt with older players.
This discussion has been closed.