IPB self destruct = 0 damage in raid

vincentlondon
4527 posts Member
edited April 2019
Why in phase 4 when i sent IPB against Traya and he does self destruct, it does 0 damage ?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    9v2to1gmhxdm.jpg
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    9v2to1gmhxdm.jpg

The fun thing is that the game is inconsistent. If Savage Oppress uses Overpower on Traya when she's below 50%, it just does regular damage (for me, ~27k). The attack is supposed to do Massive Damage but instead it just does regular because she's immune.

Then IPD is supposed to do massive damage, but does 0 instead.

Nihilus is supposed to "Instantly defeat", but does 99,999 damage to Raid Bosses...but they won't even give IPD the same ability.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    9v2to1gmhxdm.jpg

The fun thing is that the game is inconsistent. If Savage Oppress uses Overpower on Traya when she's below 50%, it just does regular damage (for me, ~27k). The attack is supposed to do Massive Damage but instead it just does regular because she's immune.

Nihilus is supposed to "Instantly defeat", but does 99,999 damage to Raid Bosses...but they won't even give IPD the same ability.

Sure would be nice to have some consistency there. I think the DN approach strikes a nice balance.
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    9v2to1gmhxdm.jpg

Actually it is consistent, savage does massive damage if the target is under 50% health, therefore if the target is over 50% health he just does normal damage. Since raid bosses are immune to massive damage they just get hit with the normal damage. IPD ONLY does massive damage so if the enemy is immune there’s no other kind of damage for it to do.
    Also instantly defeat isn’t the same as massive damage, you can actually survive massive damage.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    lladdir wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    9v2to1gmhxdm.jpg

Actually it is consistent, savage does massive damage if the target is under 50% health, therefore if the target is over 50% health he just does normal damage. Since raid bosses are immune to massive damage they just get hit with the normal damage. IPD ONLY does massive damage so if the enemy is immune there’s no other kind of damage for it to do.
    Also instantly defeat isn’t the same as massive damage, you can actually survive massive damage.

Savage is not consistent at all though. Since the target is below 50%, it doesn't say "only does massive damage unless the target is immune to it, otherwise does regular damage." The damage that Savage does should be Massive or 0 below 50% health.

I know that Nihilus Instant Defeat is not the same as Massive Damage, but I included it because the developers have three very similar situations - all of which were "nerfed" to prevent insane raid scores - but they chose 3 completely different ways to handle the situations. One does 0, one does "normal", one does 99,999.