Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Interesting idea. :)
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Qiomilux wrote: »
    5 isn't even bad. Who remembers when it was only 3. People should stop complaining about something that won't be changed.
    thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another.jpg
  • A good way to compensate for this nerf would be to re-add toons to old shops. For example, BH ships which are all on single LS hard nodes.
  • TheDunkel
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    They did not said anything about take the chars back to any shard shops. They're just saying we are back to 5 attempts per node.
  • I know. That's why I said "would" instead of "will".
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    I would like to know how they will explain to the new people that started when it was already 8 attempts per node. Now they will cut like 40% of chances to get a shard. Sometimes I think they have weekly meetings with the subject "how can we **** a little more our customers".
  • VallejoMach
    39 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Chima wrote: »
    I would like to know how they will explain to the new people that started when it was already 8 attempts per node. Now they will cut like 40% of chances to get a shard. Sometimes I think they have weekly meetings with the subject "how can we **** a little more our customers".

Maybe they got their development planning and meeting strategies from BioWare. Maybe Jason Schreier would know...
  • I do not support this decision.
  • Chima wrote: »

that's exactly my case. I have 18 7* characters right now. Hard node farm takes ages, in my opinion. This game have so many characters. Now I'll be further from getting them. My farm will be basically meta stuff. No fun at all. =(
  • I know. That's why I said "would" instead of "will".

I did not quote you because my statement refers to other people. I did not quote them because they are too many. My statement goes to people who said things like these:
    mvmss wrote: »
    DarthRiker wrote: »
    When they changed the hard node farm from 5 to 8 originally, they did say that it wasn't gonna last forever. Not the biggest deal. It's literally just back to the way it was before the change. Chill out people.

...like back in the day when characters were available in 3 different locations and not in ONE 20 energy hard node? Sign me in, please.

CG's only taking our 8 attempts per node. They are not putting new stuff in stores.

We need to stand against it.
  • Overnight SWGOH's Google Play Top Grossing rank has gone from 35 to 41. And so it begins.

dku5lasgqjpv.png

Let's see where it goes. If it climbs the change is working and bringing in more revenue. If it falls, it isn't.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    Gotta say, 8 made me play more and actually do those long HM farms.

At 5? pfft, when i started had my first 85 team (phoenix) i gave up on sabine, twice. Just way too demoralizing. I know that YMMV, but for me, there was simply zero point in trying to attain the character when much more often than not i got 1, or flat out wasted my attempts and got nothing. Number of times i got 5/5, 0. 4/5, 0, 3/5 i think once ever, 2 was a rare event that made me shocked i got it. I'm not sure what was more common TBH, 1 or 0.

I still get 1's and 0's with 8, but the 0 is a rarity. Not as rare as 8/8, never seen that, but i never got demoralized on any at 8 to say 'screw it, not worth the time'.

I actually laughed at the explanation that the raise to 8 was to help people get the revan's - that might work if you hadn't thrown C3P0 and Chewy and the **** in that same time frame....with Darth revan being LAST.

Looking at Wicket, Talzin, Han/Chewy Vet and Darth Revan crew, well, that's a year or more at 5...It wasn't short at 8, don't get me wrong, but it will be faster and it won't seem like an insurmountable task....and you will make daily progress.

And, sorry, i'm not going to fork over loads of cash to speed it up.

Had 8 lasted a few weeks or less and it went away, it'd be a non-issue. It's been like 8 months. You've had probably thousands (10's of?, 100? ) of new people start up in that time frame that only ever knew 8. EVERYONE has gotten used to it as the norm, not as a limited time novelty. People can post that single line of a n update as hindsight all you want. When it lasts 8 months, no one is thinking 'limited time', even those who recalled it are thinking they opted to just make it permanent.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Overnight SWGOH's Google Play Top Grossing rank has gone from 35 to 41. And so it begins.

dku5lasgqjpv.png

Let's see where it goes. If it climbs the change is working and bringing in more revenue. If it falls, it isn't.

That's interesting, but I wonder about a few things.

How stable is that ranking? Does it shift regularly? Is this just a short-term reaction and will eventually pull back to the acceptable range?

My guess, the trend will be to drop momentarily, and then eventually rebound when people are done being grumpy and enjoy the game. This change really isn't worth quiting over and if you do, you were on the verge of quiting anyway and you were just looking for a reason.

I wonder as well. I have seen it go from 11 to 40 to 11 in 2 days. O.o? Tin foil hat theory online is they buy a ton internally to achieve a higher rank and the fall is when it is refunded lol
  • Tol_Waja
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I’m really ****!! The reduction of the hard node refresh to 5 with the next update is a fraud against the PTPs. It will increase the amount of time or money by 40%!!! It’s hard enough to farm all the toons, so that we don’t need additional obstacles to be placed in our way. All the players who had the luck to already got Chewbacca, Revan, C-3PO and/or Darth Revan will dominate the arenas, Raids and TW’s for an infinite amount of time and will gain a lot of of gear with them to get even stronger, a lot faster then these guys who hadn’t the luck or the money and the time to achieve similar strengths. This is a slap in the face of the PTPs. Shame on you EA!!
  • My shard farm is too far ahead of my gear farm at the moment so this won't negatively effect me for awhile. They included reducing the crystal cost of salvage in the post, depending on how much they reduce it, it could be a net benefit for a lot of minows and dolphins.

You need energy to farm gear too. Especially g11/12 when store items don't come close. Limiting it at all does them no good. Energy alone is the limiting factor.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    So with the fallacy, "this change is bad for new players" I completely disagree. This change slows focused farming across the board and specifically to just released characters aka everyone equally.

Additionally, if you're trying to acquire many characters as a new player, just farm more simultaneously. The rate will even out and perhaps be faster depending how many hard mode characters you're targeting.

That is all, back to the regularly scheduled program...

So absolutely incorrect, jeez dude, common sense. Newer players have to farm more hard node characters, legendary or not smh, reducing the # of attempts absolutely hurts newer players more than older players. Its basic math dude.

How does it hurt them? Theyre shard isnt with older players.

Because you need to farm specific hard nodes first, gear, ships, etc to catch up.
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    Gotta say, 8 made me play more and actually do those long HM farms.

At 5? pfft, when i started had my first 85 team (phoenix) i gave up on sabine, twice. Just way too demoralizing. I know that YMMV, but for me, there was simply zero point in trying to attain the character when much more often than not i got 1, or flat out wasted my attempts and got nothing. Number of times i got 5/5, 0. 4/5, 0, 3/5 i think once ever, 2 was a rare event that made me shocked i got it. I'm not sure what was more common TBH, 1 or 0.

I still get 1's and 0's with 8, but the 0 is a rarity. Not as rare as 8/8, never seen that, but i never got demoralized on any at 8 to say 'screw it, not worth the time'.

I actually laughed at the explanation that the raise to 8 was to help people get the revan's - that might work if you hadn't thrown C3P0 and Chewy and the **** in that same time frame....with Darth revan being LAST.

Looking at Wicket, Talzin, Han/Chewy Vet and Darth Revan crew, well, that's a year or more at 5...It wasn't short at 8, don't get me wrong, but it will be faster and it won't seem like an insurmountable task....and you will make daily progress.

And, sorry, i'm not going to fork over loads of cash to speed it up.

Had 8 lasted a few weeks or less and it went away, it'd be a non-issue. It's been like 8 months. You've had probably thousands (10's of?, 100? ) of new people start up in that time frame that only ever knew 8. EVERYONE has gotten used to it as the norm, not as a limited time novelty. People can post that single line of a n update as hindsight all you want. When it lasts 8 months, no one is thinking 'limited time', even those who recalled it are thinking they opted to just make it permanent.

Exactly
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    While the reduction of hard node attempts is generally frowned upon, there was no luck involved in getting the shards for DR, C3, and especially not Chewie or JKR, whose events are already on the 3rd run. That is hardly an argument against the 5 attempts-system.
  • mvmss wrote: »
    I'm sure that by dropping from 8 to 5 there won't be any more 1 node characters, right?

Yes there will be.
  • If there were more attempts per refresh, I would be tempted to buy more crystals to increase my drop chances. Making the grind longer is not helpful or incentivising. I only buy crystals in small incriments and never use them at the shop. The cost/shard is too dern high! Increase the drops/attempts. If my money goes further, I'll spend more.

Look at the Atlanta Falcons. They recently lowered the cost of consessions and have had record breaking sales. Why? Because cost was previously a deterrent. I'll buy 5 $1 hot dogs, but I won't buy 1 $10 hot dog.

• Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Overnight SWGOH's Google Play Top Grossing rank has gone from 35 to 41. And so it begins.

dku5lasgqjpv.png

That's interesting, but I wonder about a few things.

How stable is that ranking? Does it shift regularly? Is this just a short-term reaction and will eventually pull back to the acceptable range?

My guess, the trend will be to drop momentarily, and then eventually rebound when people are done being grumpy and enjoy the game. This change really isn't worth quiting over and if you do, you were on the verge of quiting anyway and you were just looking for a reason.
    But why give the players an excuse to quit? I would think you want to give players an excuse to stay
  • BodhiOm
    22 posts Member
    I'm not even sure this makes sense from a revenue standpoint. I don't know about anyone else but I'm less likely to spend crystals on refreshes when I'm only getting 5 more battles as opposed to 8. This is just such an unfortunate decision any way you look at it.
  • This is a terrible change.

Seriously though, it doesn't matter if the original shift from 5 to 8 was listed as temporary. If you keep any "temporary" change around long enough, it becomes the new normal. The 8 Hard Mode sims a day became the new normal about three or four months ago. Reverting a change that everyone liked is bad enough. Doing it so far after it was enacted is just boneheaded.
  • Bb3po
    368 posts Member
    It’s all a short sided view at grabbing money. Not to give them any ideas, but I believe refreshes used to cost more too. Simple middle ground is to make the first 5 free, then make refreshes 8 battles to entice people to refresh.
  • Tol_Waja
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I know that they is no luck involved getting the chards of the needed toons to fight in named events. The chance of getting them is of course -regarding the drop rate (and the chance of getting them) -system immanent. Therefore with 8 attemps the chance is 75% higher to get some chards WITHOUT investing any chrystals, wouldn’t you agree? Wouldn’t it be that way it would actually mean that the rise to 8 attemps in the first place would have been the actual fraud....
This discussion has been closed.