Jedi Training Rey and Her droids

Prev1
My goal is to solo HAAT with this team. Over the weekend, I tried to tackle phase 1. I can get about 50% and then things go south quick. Basic attacks give Grievous 100% TM. My resistance counter the side droids and knock them out. I did recently give 3PO a zeta. I don't have time to practice like I want to because phase 1 is over in less that 20 minutes in my guild. Any suggestions on what I need to do to tweak my team to success?

https://swgoh.gg/p/991589674/characters/?f=Resistance

Replies

• Easy - wait until 11 AM and then swap r2 for finn's astronomical damage.
  • lightmaat wrote: »
    Easy - wait until 11 AM and then swap r2 for finn's astronomical damage.

I'm trying to avoid using finn. Not sure if you're implying he should be a leader, or just in the squad.
    I know Jedi Rey lead, 3PO, BB8, R2 and resistance trooper are supposed to be able to solo the raid, just need to know if 3PO is too slow and his potency is too low.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    I imagine you'd want every 7th hit to be from a special ability while Grievous is exposed.
  • https://youtu.be/UFBVOMiotFU

Skelturix video for that team. He goes over strategy and mods. Works very well. Not as easy as Finn, but plenty easy enough.

Skelturix video for that team. He goes over strategy and mods. Works very well. Not as easy as Finn, but plenty easy enough.

I will have to rewatch that and work on the instructions. I'm pretty close. Personally I think that 3PO needs more potency and speed.
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I imagine you'd want every 7th hit to be from a special ability while Grievous is exposed.

Too bad we can't have a sandbox mode to practice the raid in.
  • I am going to remod my resistance team, so that 3PO has 30 more speed and about the same potency and see where that gets me tomorrow. My guild starts an HAAT raid today.

I will have to rewatch that and work on the instructions. I'm pretty close. Personally I think that 3PO needs more potency and speed.

Except you can just retreat whenever you'd like. You should also ask your guild if they could hold off for a bit.

Except you can just retreat whenever you'd like. You should also ask your guild if they could hold off for a bit.

I have. I don't think I'm that lucky. As far as I got was 42 mil is an impressive score, to which I responded, points don't matter to me. Right now I want to solo it. then nothing.
  • Today's run was not a great one, finished about half of phase 1 and lost resistance trooper towards the end of phase 3. Looks like he needs to be beefed up a bit.
  • ronnio
    69 posts Member
    u1xzcyduey6a.png
    Took forever. Maybe with a better finn and 3po auto might work...
  • ronnio wrote: »
    u1xzcyduey6a.png

My goal is to avoid using finn. I'm going to try mods before I work on that guy.
  • ronnio wrote: »
    u1xzcyduey6a.png

Is Finn even usable after the nerf?
  • ronnio
    69 posts Member
    ronnio wrote: »

Well, I dunno. You tell me. Here's gear 9 with 21m damage on a tank solo, with not great mods. That may be all he's good for... But there's certainly some potential.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Well, I dunno. You tell me. Here's gear 9 with 21m damage on a tank solo, with not great mods. That may be all he's good for... But there's certainly some potential.

I looked at my Finn, I have him at gear 10. The rest of my resistance is gear 11 or 12. My next raid is Tomorrow, will have to try that team with current mods. Got a swgoh.gg? I’d like to check your team out.
  • First she took Anikin's Lightsaber, now shes taking his droids. Whats next?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • ronnio
    69 posts Member

I looked at my Finn, I have him at gear 10. The rest of my resistance is gear 11 or 12. My next raid is Tomorrow, will have to try that team with current mods. Got a swgoh.gg? I’d like to check your team out.

https://swgoh.gg/p/975934194/
  • ronnio
    69 posts Member
    I've also heard cls can replace r2 for better tmr
  • I tried running Jedi Rey, 3po, r2, bb8 and Finn. Gloriously failed.
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    First she took Anikin's Lightsaber, now shes taking his droids. Whats next?

The skywalker name? That’s basically all that’s left, IMHO.
  • I tried running Jedi Rey, 3po, r2, bb8 and Finn. Gloriously failed.

Hmm, are you looking to only use resistance or trying to just find a team to solo with? What I use is JTR lead, 3po, bb8, resist trooper, CLS. The TM removal from CLS is invaluable. Raid Han is also really good, probably better than CLS since his basic shoots twice and both shots can remove tm. Phase 1 is def the tricky part but if you be careful, not use 3po's special recklessly and sometimes just opt for his basic, and attack the ads at times instead of grievous, you'll get through it fine. Not sure what to suggest if you want to use all resistance though.
  • Delvorin wrote: »
    I tried running Jedi Rey, 3po, r2, bb8 and Finn. Gloriously failed.

Hmm, are you looking to only use resistance or trying to just find a team to solo with? What I use is JTR lead, 3po, bb8, resist trooper, CLS. The TM removal from CLS is invaluable. Raid Han is also really good, probably better than CLS since his basic shoots twice and both shots can remove tm. Phase 1 is def the tricky part but if you be careful, not use 3po's special recklessly and sometimes just opt for his basic, and attack the ads at times instead of grievous, you'll get through it fine. Not sure what to suggest if you want to use all resistance though.

I’d love to solo it. I watched the video about JTR and her droids, so I was trying to duplicate that. I would rather use raid Han or cls instead of Finn any day of the week. Lol.
  • Delvorin
    139 posts Member
    Delvorin wrote: »

I’d love to solo it. I watched the video about JTR and her droids, so I was trying to duplicate that. I would rather use raid Han or cls instead of Finn any day of the week. Lol.

Ahh then yeah, definitely try out the team I used or replace CLS with Raid Han. You also have a better geared 3po than me and better mods on JTR and BB8 so you'll be able to solo it. Just, as I said, be careful in phase 1 and don't rush it. Phase 2-3 are much easier and you'll breeze by them. I just started doing it when I got 3po and only have him gear 8 and he's been so awesome in raids, TB and TW.

Ahh then yeah, definitely try out the team I used or replace CLS with Raid Han. You also have a better geared 3po than me and better mods on JTR and BB8 so you'll be able to solo it. Just, as I said, be careful in phase 1 and don't rush it. Phase 2-3 are much easier and you'll breeze by them. I just started doing it when I got 3po and only have him gear 8 and he's been so awesome in raids, TB and TW.

I will try that team. What about replacing Resistance Trooper with Raid Han, or is there too much loss of synergy? I know Trooper is the hard hitter.

I will try that team. What about replacing Resistance Trooper with Raid Han, or is there too much loss of synergy? I know Trooper is the hard hitter.

Hmm, I never tried it. I feel like you might lose too much damage because resist trooper is constantly going on this team with all the exposes. You can have a series of turns where he goes and crits putting expose on the tank, then someone else goes and exposes, then he goes, and he just keeps going every other turn. Raid Han would be better in phase 1, but I think thats about it.

Hmm, I never tried it. I feel like you might lose too much damage because resist trooper is constantly going on this team with all the exposes. You can have a series of turns where he goes and crits putting expose on the tank, then someone else goes and exposes, then he goes, and he just keeps going every other turn. Raid Han would be better in phase 1, but I think thats about it.

I thought trooper would be key. Tomorrow the raid will be open for damage, so we will see what happens!
  • Hmm, I never tried it. I feel like you might lose too much damage because resist trooper is constantly going on this team with all the exposes. You can have a series of turns where he goes and crits putting expose on the tank, then someone else goes and exposes, then he goes, and he just keeps going every other turn. Raid Han would be better in phase 1, but I think thats about it.[/quote]

So with this team you suggested, do I have to manually play the whole thing, part of it? How long does it take? My next raid starts in 2.25 hours at the start of my 30 min lunch break.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    That team didn't work for me. Got destroyed about half way through phase 1. By then damage had been posted and second run was less that the first. I dropped my Rey and Droids and cleared most of phase 1, and the rest of the raid. I posted 46.33 million damage running Jedi Rey, bb8, R2, C3PO and Resistance Trooper. So the run was a little bit more successful than the previous, which I added more gear to resistance trooper since then and suffled mods around. I'm not sure if I need more gear, or remod R2 for more offense to share or a combination of both. I'm closest with this team.
    Post edited by Chucko_marek on
  • For this solo team, I think 3PO's Wait For Me zeta and BB8 Self Preservation Protocol zeta will help. Manually playing through, it looks like R2 has a hard time keeping 3 stacks of translate, so Wait For Me could help there. Having droids recover 8% health and protection on BB8 evasion helps keep the droids alive and thus keeps them lending their supports. Unfortunately for me, I don't have time to get the mechanics of phase 1 down, since my guild starts putting damage on the board relatively fast.
  • Delvorin
    139 posts Member
    That team didn't work for me. Got destroyed about half way through phase 1. By then damage had been posted and second run was less that the first. I dropped my Rey and Droids and cleared most of phase 1, and the rest of the raid. I posted 46.33 million damage running Jedi Rey, bb8, R2, C3PO and Resistance Trooper. So the run was a little bit more successful than the previous, which I added more gear to resistance trooper since then and suffled mods around. I'm not sure if I need more gear, or remod R2 for more offense to share or a combination of both. I'm closest with this team.

Ahh, well use what works for you :). Yes, phase 1 is pretty tricky. I actually realized while doing HAAT last time that the strategy is to not do 3PO's mass assist until grievous is close to 100% turn meter. The reason is if you do the mass assist, it will most definitely trigger Grievous' ability where he gets full TM. If you do the special when he has little TM, then luke might attack before the 7th damage and his tm reduction is wasted. So, to try and make sure Grievous doesn't get a turn right after the special, do it when he has almost max tm and you'll get tm reduction. That's just what I saw happening.