Darth Revan in phase 3 of the Sith raid

Drageero
151 posts Member
4dl2q49henra.jpg

This is my second best team for P3 so far after JKR, and it's not that hard to set up. Revan's AoE will typically bring all the sabers below 50% health, then Sion and HK kill them with their AoEs. Traya will have Deathmark for the entirety of her topple, so Revan can do a lot of damage. Never had to do stand alone.

Granted, this is only tier 6, and it's likely not the optimal team, but the difference between tier 6 and heroic wouldn't be that big if the team was maxed out, right?

Replies

• Hortus
    615 posts Member
    What's the point of using such team in heroic P3? Several well-known teams can do way more damage there. It may have use in P6 if your guild struggling with it, you have resets and can use one team for several phases. But when you are trying to progress through Heroic you must use non-optimal teams only on phases which are really hard for you guild, while P3 is usually the easiest.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    I've consistently gotten 4M in Heroic phase 3 with Darth Revan.

Hortus - don't forget there are guilds where HSith is on farm. My guild kills it in about 1.5 hours. I don't have Death Storm setup, and I'm not willing to do the CLS grind-fest for p3, so I stick with my Chex Mix, ROLO, and now I add Darth Revan. In about 10 minutes worth of work, I can usually rack up about 7M total in p3, which seems fine to me.
  • Yawansumame
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I do the greedo mix and then follow up with the sith empire for well over 10 mil (combined) in heroic sith raid. My guild knocked phase 3 out in about 15 minutes or less, so you have to do the greedo mix first and follow up because it takes longer for the sith empire. The sith empire reliably gets 5.7 mil, sometimes more.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Nice. I'd love to see that team in heroic. Nightsisters have p3 and p4 locked down, but it's nice to see a journey character do some good damage.

Edit: heroic is tough. Lol
  • Drageero
    151 posts Member
    I don't have Nightsisters at the moment on my main account, so I've been trying to find other teams that work well enough.
  • @Yawansumame what toon u used in sith/empire team u mentioned in p3??
    5.7mil is quite a massive amount around 15-20%..
    yes its heroic sith raid, not t6 or lesser..

thank you
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »

Hortus - don't forget there are guilds where HSith is on farm.

Yes, and in that case squeezing some damage to raise in ranks is understandable. But it's not the case. OP's guild doing T6 now, as I understand. And it's pretty safe to assume that P3 won't be the choke point when guild moves from T6 to heroic. So the choice may be between trying to raise personal damage without any real help (IF other guild members have squads which can handle this phase), or trying to adapt team for harder phases to actually help in progression. DR is probably not good at Nihilus but shouldn't be terrible at both Scions. While P2 is better be handled with JKR, every bit should help on P4.
  • Drageero
    151 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Hortus wrote: »

Yes, and in that case squeezing some damage to raise in ranks is understandable. But it's not the case. OP's guild doing T6 now, as I understand. And it's pretty safe to assume that P3 won't be the choke point when guild moves from T6 to heroic. So the choice may be between trying to raise personal damage without any real help (IF other guild members have squads which can handle this phase), or trying to adapt team for harder phases to actually help in progression. DR is probably not good at Nihilus but shouldn't be terrible at both Scions. While P2 is better be handled with JKR, every bit should help on P4.

My guild doesn't have a lot of phase 3 teams at the moment. We have a few Nightsisters, and there's only three of us with Chexmix, though none of them are really developed a lot. We have a decent amount of JKRs and one Aurra team. Phases 3 and 4 take the longest for us. We finish the first two phases in about 10 to 12 hours, then we halt on the last two for 2 to 3 days.
    We're starting to work on getting more heroic teams, so eventually this team won't be great to use in phase 3, but for now it's helping us get through the raid that much faster.
  • Hortus wrote: »

That's funny, P3 has been the longest phase in every heroic guild I've been in. In my current guild P1, P2 and p4 last no more than a couple of hours each whereas p3 lasts a good 12 hours or so.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Hortus wrote: »
    What's the point of using such team in heroic P3? Several well-known teams can do way more damage there. It may have use in P6 if your guild struggling with it, you have resets and can use one team for several phases. But when you are trying to progress through Heroic you must use non-optimal teams only on phases which are really hard for you guild, while P3 is usually the easiest.

Maybe so, but DR's Deathmark makes it tricky to use him in raids because it tends to rob you of Topples by forcing you to attack the boss and feed it turn meter. If you can topple Traya and have her deathmarked for the entire time, that's by far going to be the best place to use him in the Sith raid.

Also, "P3 is the easiest?" Pretty much every other source out there (including my own experience) says it's the hardest since you need such weird team combos to do any real damage. I can throw my regular old First Order team at Sion and at least make a dent - if I throw them at Traya I probably won't even clear 500k.

@Drageero does Nihilus play some essential role here, or are you just using him because you don't have Assassin or Marauder geared up?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    "Newer" Heroic Sith guilds tend to think of p3 as the easiest due to long-standing nature of the recently-nerfed zFinn Cheese squad. I know there's the CLS/C3PO squad that can still solo the phase, but it is very manual and very time-consuming, so many players may not be willing to do it twice a week.

Given that 1-2 really strong Ventress Nightsister squads can kill phase 4 Nihilus (or 3-4 good players), that's not much of a barrier anymore. Darth Revan will die fairly quickly against Sion since they take extra damage and can't prevent his counterattacks, so phase 3 Traya seems by far the best place to use Darth Revan.

For me, the key to deathmarking Traya during topple is to use Darth Revan's Lightning Storm to deathmark Traya, then follow up with HK-47 grenade and/or Sith Trooper AoE to finish off the sabers. My last run in Heroic just broke 5M.
  • Drageero
    151 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »

@Drageero does Nihilus play some essential role here, or are you just using him because you don't have Assassin or Marauder geared up?

Yeah, my other Sith Empire aren't geared. His AoE helps a little when the sabers have a sliver of health left and Traya's deathmarked.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Also, "P3 is the easiest?" Pretty much every other source out there (including my own experience) says it's the hardest since you need such weird team combos to do any real damage. I can throw my regular old First Order team at Sion and at least make a dent - if I throw them at Traya I probably won't even clear 500k.

I'm sorry, but how NS Deathstorm is "weird team combo"? With amount of players needed for clearing P1 it should not be a big problem to have enough NS squads for covering both P3 and P4 Nihilus combined. If people just not developing Nightsisters - well, it's the problem. But the problem is not "the phase is hardest", it's "we don't develop extremely effective and well-known squad". Yes, P3 is limited for certain squads but that squads can pretty much trivialize the entire thing.

And, of course, if for some reason guild doesn't have enough NS then they better fits P4, and P3 needs some other solution. And DR may be not a bad one if you just need exactly that amount of damage to finish the phase.

Drageero wrote: »

My guild doesn't have a lot of phase 3 teams at the moment. We have a few Nightsisters, and there's only three of us with Chexmix, though none of them are really developed a lot. We have a decent amount of JKRs and one Aurra team. Phases 3 and 4 take the longest for us. We finish the first two phases in about 10 to 12 hours, then we halt on the last two for 2 to 3 days.
    We're starting to work on getting more heroic teams, so eventually this team won't be great to use in phase 3, but for now it's helping us get through the raid that much faster.

I'd say if you and other members can focus on NS (or CLS with C3P0) without hindering your's other goals then better do it. But it's matter of how things are planned in you guild.
  • SE7ENKAILOREN
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    y94c7gl9saxs.png
    uhxmyn8vfeif.png
    My Guild does Tier 5 (so it’s not Heroic yet)

On Phase 1 against DN, my DR team does not do well at all. Around 1.5m Damage.

EDIT <Phases 2, I can do 6.5m Damage.>

Phases 3 & 4, I can do about 4.5m Damage average.

Although not spectacular numbers, the time it takes is way faster, making me way happier.
    Post edited by SE7ENKAILOREN on
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Yeah Jedi revan made p2 literally 5 min on heroic, that's only 15-20 active members. P3 is painfully slow compared to the other phases. Still only a few hours, maybe 3 hours to the most. Would love for Darth revan to get 5-10 mil. If 10-15 Darth revans could get 5-10 mil that would shorten the phase to an hour or so. Not many people in my guild like deathstorm, so if you do have it, it's an easy way to get top 10 rewards.
  • SE7ENKAILOREN
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Anyone run their DR Team on the HAAT Raid? I have tried it only once - On Phase 2 and only 1.5 Million Damage, so not good at all.

I’m curious about Phase 1/3/4 - I think this team would do a lot better as FEAR can be utilized?
    Post edited by SE7ENKAILOREN on
  • J_Sk333bs
    10 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    fzi67kcu0els.jpg
    Phase 3 of sith
  • Anyone run their DR Team on the HAAT Raid? I have tried it only once - On Phase 2 and only 1.5 Million Damage, so not good at all.

I’m curious about Phase 1/3/4 - I think this team would do a lot better as FEAR can be utilized?

Use him in phase 1 of haat
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    A relic 4 DR takes all the lightsabers down with an aoe in one shot (assuming he's got enough ferocity). I always have him open with Stand Alone to start the fight with Traya toppled.

With DR bringing Traya down pretty much whenever he gets a turn while Traya is standing, the SE team has a good chance it make it too enrage. Bonds of Weakness usually isn't an issue, and Traya's got like 10 stacks max when Stand Alone is an option again

My team- DR, Bast, Malak, SiM, Sass. The first three r4, SiM g12, Sass g10. The latter two usually die b4 enrage, and bast is the only one of the relic toons who might die before enrage. I wouldn't advise to invest int hsi team for p3 specifically, but it's a nice little boost to my score