New toons for the upcoming future...

Despite the negative impact from the return of 5 attempt hard modes and the revan disaster, I'm not phased about any of it one bit. With no hope for a Darth malak release and most likely the end of the kotor toons what other toons can we expect to see? I'm sure there will be a short period where no new toons will be released but that doesnt stop the devs from adding them.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    no hope for darth malak? Have i missed something?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Well with all the revan backlash and players complaining about too much focus on kotor toons I was just making assumptions that the odds of him being added was unlikely as he'd most likely end up as a special event toon than a marquee and I dont really think we need another event like that to upset more gamers. Not to mention I havent read anywhere about him coming to the game
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Gamers are always upset ;p
    I do expect malak to drop relatively soon, whether it's a marquee or a legendary/journey event remains to be seen.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • If he is I hope he's a marquee like jango was. With 2 revan events and no need to add new major kotor toons it would seem foolish to set him up as a legendary event.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    I do expect a Darth Malak release to neatly conclude the KOTOR era in SWGOH.

While there are several toons I hope they'll release (#ReleaseTheBeckett), I can see them shifting gears and promoting Ep. IX with some new resistance/FO toons. I can also them releasing a Fallen Anakin legendary event to promote the last season of Clone Wars or something like that. I think the overwhelming hope of the community is that they return to the films a bit before digging deep in the toy chest of lesser-known SW characters.
  • So do I. As a kotor fan I think they've added just about all noteworthy toons save malak so maybe he'll show up.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    I do expect a Darth Malak release to neatly conclude the KOTOR era in SWGOH.

While there are several toons I hope they'll release (#ReleaseTheBeckett), I can see them shifting gears and promoting Ep. IX with some new resistance/FO toons. I can also them releasing a Fallen Anakin legendary event to promote the last season of Clone Wars or something like that. I think the overwhelming hope of the community is that they return to the films a bit before digging deep in the toy chest of lesser-known SW characters.

Consider the cadence - there is 4 - 6 weeks until new marquees go to crystal store and another 4 - 6 until they become ftp farmable. So, assuming they want to keep the pretense of being ftp-friendly, new Resistance will probably drop in September of October to build the paywall for Ep. IX Rey.
    Disney+ will be starting sometime in Autumn, I believe, so we can expect some cross-promotion here. Sounds like the right time for some Clone Wars stuff, not sure about the Mandalorian (they didn't add anything from Resistance when it came out). Overall, I would expect some play on nostalgia to remind us that now we have all Star Wars in one place, just pay the subscription.
    And of course, they can give us something completely random. Stuff like that has happened before.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    They’re about to switch from KOTOR...

...to an exhausting 4 year endeavor of TOR characters.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    May 1 year anniversary of Solo movie so Beckett! I dunno maybe his crew and ship (Rampart) so we have a full fleet of cargo ships. Ok, crew and ship not likely, but one can dream. Can't have too many scoundrels.

Oh, and this post will be moved for some reason. They always are. Its a conspiracy against Beckett.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    May 1 year anniversary of Solo movie so Beckett! I dunno maybe his crew and ship (Rampart) so we have a full fleet of cargo ships. Ok, crew and ship not likely, but one can dream. Can't have too many scoundrels.

Oh, and this post will be moved for some reason. They always are. Its a conspiracy against Beckett.

Well of course he needs Val and Rio! #BringtheBeckett
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I am hoping for:
    • Kao Cen Darach
    • Satele Shan
    • Nico Okarr
    • Jace Malcom
    • Darth Malgus
    • Lord Vindican

Apologies if I’m alone :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxab6osVzNs
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

Well of course he needs Val and Rio! #BringtheBeckett

#BRINGTHEBECKETT
  • Allhel1
    48 posts Member
    I really just want Rako Hardeen as it was one of Obi-Wan’s most bada** missions. Plus the armor is looks bada**