Farm BH ships is unsettling

2Next

Replies

• a 5* Falcon is enough to beat any other ship combo
  • will there be a BH ship bundle pack available? i'll be cutting it close for 5*
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    yuuzhanron wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Darthsm wrote: »
    Honestly i cant wait to spend all spring and summer farming pog the lesser.

.......He’s in the Galactic War store. It takes three weeks to complete him from scratch.

But, even if he wasn’t, then that’s no excuse. You know who the hard farms are, and the sooner you finish them the sooner you can be lauuuughing when people complain that they don’t have Lobot or the Hoth Rebels or General Veers.

Do it and have it done, then you never have to worry about doing it again.

The problem is the pain you feel farming IG2k while primarily obtaining Poggle. I farmed Poggle long ago from the shops before knowing he'd never amount to anything. Then while farming for the MilFal, I was bombarded with Poggle more often than not. Good for dupes, but yuck.

Honestly I'd finished IG-2000 long enough ago to forget that Poggle was also on the node. *shrugs* Still don't care. Would you rather Poggle weren't there and you just got nothing?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    I got 0 shard for the past 4 days. Just got 1 today yepee.
    Rng right ? But in 2,5 years playing i had several no shard streak but never full shard streak. So when you people says rng i dont bite it. It is not. Dont be foolish. It is intentionally reduced
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Rng right ? But in 2,5 years playing i had several no shard streak but never full shard streak. So when you people says rng i dont bite it. It is not. Dont be foolish. It is intentionally reduced

Meanwhile I'm having an almost 40-50% droprate for IG. Definitely not RNG.
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    a 5* Falcon is enough to beat any other ship combo

Except for a 7* Falcon ship combo ;)
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member

Except for a 7* Falcon ship combo ;)
    no ... even a 7* Falcon ship combo ... RNG > Stars ;)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Of course you haven't seen a full shard streak. Do the math some time and you'll see why.

Perception bias makes you expect 50/50 because that's what it looks like--either you get the shard or you don't, so 50/50, right? No. Go ahead and do the math on what the odds of getting 8 shards out of 8 tries at 33% is and then come back here.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    khelzac wrote: »

Meanwhile I'm having an almost 40-50% droprate for IG. Definitely not RNG.

If you say so who am I to say you are a liar.

Secondly it is good to know that it is only the game who decide who will have a character or not. Strategy is irrelevant.
  • Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    Finished XB and 2000 2 weeks ago F2P wasn't hard at all
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    It is when the game decide to give you no shard at all
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    Drop rate for me on those final two BHs and Bossk have been dreadful. At least I should get 5* this time around.
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member

Of course you haven't seen a full shard streak. Do the math some time and you'll see why.

Perception bias makes you expect 50/50 because that's what it looks like--either you get the shard or you don't, so 50/50, right? No. Go ahead and do the math on what the odds of getting 8 shards out of 8 tries at 33% is and then come back here.

I'll help you out:

0 shard streak = (2/3)^8 = 3.9%
    8 shard streak = (1/3)^8 = 0.015%

So you are 260 times as likely to get 0 shards than 8.
  • yuuzhanron wrote: »
    Darthsm wrote: »
    Honestly i cant wait to spend all spring and summer farming pog the lesser.

.......He’s in the Galactic War store. It takes three weeks to complete him from scratch.

But, even if he wasn’t, then that’s no excuse. You know who the hard farms are, and the sooner you finish them the sooner you can be lauuuughing when people complain that they don’t have Lobot or the Hoth Rebels or General Veers.

Do it and have it done, then you never have to worry about doing it again.

The problem is the pain you feel farming IG2k while primarily obtaining Poggle. I farmed Poggle long ago from the shops before knowing he'd never amount to anything. Then while farming for the MilFal, I was bombarded with Poggle more often than not. Good for dupes, but yuck.

Yup, I swear there’s the dismal drop rates for what I need while I have like an 80% drop rate on Poggle & Hoth Scout, both of who are done. I’ll take the shard shop cash, but it’s still annoying.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    We are wired to not "notice" when things are favorable for us. Like, if players get 4/8 shard drops for the thing you're farming for several days in a row - they just assume it's normal. However, the odds of getting 4/8 three days in a row are pretty similar the odds of getting 0/8 three days in a row. But since the player doesn't get upset at 4/8, the probability doesn't stick in their brain the same as the anger of 0/8.

You’ll want at least 6* if you’re going against maxed out Ackbar. Otherwise he’ll go first and he can often OHKO falcon with a dual assist special. 6* falcon with max crew is faster, so he can hide first.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Piewalker wrote: »
    gflegui wrote: »
    If you don’t refresh then you need to learn how to farm again. There is no mistery. If you want to be on top you need to invest cristals. Simple as that. I’m a F2P and my life change when I learnt that. Allmost never miss a new meta... except for JKR. That was near impossible. But now I know I need to hoard more cristals in case CG wants to throw us another curve ball like that.

You’re absolutely right...there is no “mistery”. Keep hoarding those cristals!

"Allmost" no "mistery" :p
  • Nevet wrote: »
    Same here, I'm at 5/100 and 7/100 for the two ships, certainly a very frustrating thing to deal with. And on top of that they want to reduce the nodes to 5 attempts, unbelievable.
    evoluza wrote: »
    Refresh the node once then...

We we shouldn't be forced to

Nobody is forcing you. Hence why you wont get HMF. That's just your decision.
    I've been farming since HMF came out and I only do 1 refresh a day on 1 BH ship.
    Spoiler alert, I'm gonna have all 7* in the next week.
    25 crystals a day. That's all.

Wow, how do get energy for free???!!!!

laughed way harder at this than i should have
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Nevet wrote: »
    Same here, I'm at 5/100 and 7/100 for the two ships, certainly a very frustrating thing to deal with. And on top of that they want to reduce the nodes to 5 attempts, unbelievable.
    evoluza wrote: »
    Refresh the node once then...

We we shouldn't be forced to

Nobody is forcing you. Hence why you wont get HMF. That's just your decision.
    I've been farming since HMF came out and I only do 1 refresh a day on 1 BH ship.
    Spoiler alert, I'm gonna have all 7* in the next week.
    25 crystals a day. That's all.

Wow, how do get energy for free???!!!!

laughed way harder at this than i should have

Your laughing about this made me laugh when I read it.

Thanks guys, I try xD.

You’ll want at least 6* if you’re going against maxed out Ackbar. Otherwise he’ll go first and he can often OHKO falcon with a dual assist special. 6* falcon with max crew is faster, so he can hide first.

I've had this happen to me. It sucks. I entered battle, looked away for a second, and looked back to find I only had 2 ships and a cloud of debris. Not one of my happier moments.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member

I've had this happen to me. It sucks. I entered battle, looked away for a second, and looked back to find I only had 2 ships and a cloud of debris. Not one of my happier moments.

If you are going against a maxed Bistan it will happen also, even if you have a seven star HMF. The max speed for HMF is 188, Bistan can get 191. Luckily the AI is more often hunting down the tanks. But of you have bad luck, you will start your turn just with two ships or one and a half :#
  • Delvorin wrote: »
    I have been farming BH ships since the first Falcon came out and I have only got 7 * tooth, 39/100 xanadu and 0/100 IG .. It is the first time I will not get to 7 * after farming from the first launch of the legendary event. Fall rates are unfortunate getting 1 fragment or none most times. I feel very disappointed ..

I feel your pain but imo this isn't as big a deal as not being able to 7 star a character. Only thing ships really are used for is pvp. I always felt 7 star is more important for raids and there are no ship raids yet. I think you'll be fine with 6 star falcon and be able to climb more easily than without it. I've asked around about 5 star vs 7 star falcon, and though you'll fall on defense when someone else with falcon attacks you, it's not as big a difference on offense.

I think there will be a ship raid this year. Not just 1 either. Death star, Star Forge. Clock it.
  • Delvorin wrote: »
    I have been farming BH ships since the first Falcon came out and I have only got 7 * tooth, 39/100 xanadu and 0/100 IG .. It is the first time I will not get to 7 * after farming from the first launch of the legendary event. Fall rates are unfortunate getting 1 fragment or none most times. I feel very disappointed ..

I feel your pain but imo this isn't as big a deal as not being able to 7 star a character. Only thing ships really are used for is pvp. I always felt 7 star is more important for raids and there are no ship raids yet. I think you'll be fine with 6 star falcon and be able to climb more easily than without it. I've asked around about 5 star vs 7 star falcon, and though you'll fall on defense when someone else with falcon attacks you, it's not as big a difference on offense.

I think there will be a ship raid this year. Not just 1 either. Death star, Star Forge. Clock it.

Not enough capital ships for that. I'm pretty sure you'll have at least one more chance for the falcon before that happens