Question re: the 5 Pillars & Farming

Hey all,

So I've been roughly following the famous 5 Pillar system (after wasting a lot of time blindly buying character packs like a tool) and taking advantage of the awesome 'Road Map' spreadsheet to keep track of everything. I'm pretty much done with Phoenix, nearly ready for 7* Palpatine when he next pops up and then I think I may skip over CLS and go straight for JKR - but that's a way off yet.
Also trying to 'side farm' bounty hunters for the misc. events as they seem quite regular and useful.
My question is: can anyone explain why Pillar 1 is telling me to go for Qira and Talia? Neither seem like they're gonna be much use any time soon. Can I just skip over them and head straight on to the Old Republic characters or am I missing something important?
Same question for Veers and Range Trooper - my Empire squad is already looking pretty tight, do I really need them before I want to build a Trooper team?
Here's a link to my gg page if it makes answering questions easier: LINK
Sorry for the wall of text. MTFBWY.
Tizz

Replies

• I haven't seen the updated pillar video all the way through but my assumption is that it is related to having them ready later in the game. Qira is a scoundrel for the rando scoundrel events and is an excellent leader for TW/GA. Talia is a good nightsister, which is a great team for arena/tw/ga/tb. Additionally, 5 5* sisters lets you play defense of Dathomir to give you a boost in farming Talzin which later gives you access to additional monthly zetas.
    Veers and range are probably similar in that they are good for TW/GA/TB.
  • Being direct leave the Qi'ra for later. It is good, but the energy of the canteen should be very well used in the beginning.

Your Phoenix are well underway the next step is to have a team of well-rounded scoundrels. Go after the bounty hunters, who are also scoundrels.

Point 8A on the side of the light is the best point of farm of the game in question of equipment + Jango + the ship of the bossk. Close the Cad in the GW, Boba as soon as the chopper gets the 7 star spend all your guild coins going behind the Gengar, when arriving at level 85 go behind the bossk immediately. while there is no Bossk go behind the Han ST in the arena, take the princess read after the han and then the IG-88

In the Cantina go behind the Kylo Unmasked instead of the Qi'ra. (besides being a great first-order leader he comes with a dark side ship that will accelerate you to complete the challenge of faster ship skill materials.

If you want to be releasing the journey toons faster there are besides Hera and Erza, there are nine more characters that are needed to get toons from events. Of these ten, six have no other means of farm.

Luke Farmboy, Old Ben, Finn can be caught in the Cantina, although they can be traded on points such as yellow energy or guild coins and guild coin. Others 6 have no agreement T3-M4, Mission, Canderous Ordo, Chief Chirpa and the Veteran Smugglers they are only found in the Cantina. (If you want to avoid Chirpa and use the Leader Teebo I wish you good luck).
  • Big picture, an issue with the 5 pillars is that people tend to throw out the image and says "this is what you do", when there's actually more nuance to it than that. Its meant to be a guide to efficiency, and so doing what you're doing and thinking about how deviations from the path work best for you is the exact right approach.

FWIW, I started following the pillars prescriptively when he first released the update, and I'm wishing I skipped over Range and Veers. I think the idea was a synergy with the Empire squad and it just doesn't come together for me, similar to what you're thinking. They'll be useful enough later when I get around to troopers, but that's a while so I do wish I'd gone towards Jedi instead.

On the other hand... I did skip Qira and I sometimes wish I hadn't. There are at least a couple of occasions where I'd like to have her lead ready to use.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    everyone else has chimed in with good advice but each have overlooked the CLS comment.
    DO NOT skip CLS he is so great in all aspects of the game and even now can take 1st in arena.
    every new meta that has been he has either been part of or been a counter too, he is a must have
  • Qi'ra is the only leader you can use for the smuggler event. Plus her lead includes all scoundrels (hello BH).
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    everyone else has chimed in with good advice but each have overlooked the CLS comment.
    DO NOT skip CLS he is so great in all aspects of the game and even now can take 1st in arena.
    every new meta that has been he has either been part of or been a counter too, he is a must have

So I guess I assumed OP just meant he was jumping to JTR and coming back to CLS later. Do you think CLS is that much better than JTR that their order shouldn't be swapped?
  • LynnYoda wrote: »

So I guess I assumed OP just meant he was jumping to JTR and coming back to CLS later. Do you think CLS is that much better than JTR that their order shouldn't be swapped?

Yes. JTR is great if she has the right team around her. CLS really benefits from Rebels, but is still a standalone force.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Qi'ra is the only leader you can use for the smuggler event. Plus her lead includes all scoundrels (hello BH).

^ This. You need at least three smugglers for Smuggler's Run. Qi'ra plus the veterans for JTR makes three. The remaining slots on the team will eventually be filled by Raid Han and legendary Chewie.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    You may not need to auto/solo Rancor anymore if your guild can Sim it, but if you do, CLS can do that for you by himself or with a team.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    to solo HAAT mostly on auto, JTR, CLS, Finn, BB8 and C3PO. Don't forget to farm your Ewoks, Logray can take a long time to get from guild store. Ewoks and Night sisters are good teams to have for the extra zeta mat every month.
  • I highly recommend JKR before CLS, it is stronger for raids and pvp. CLS needs Han and Chewie to be relevant and the Chewie event needs a strong BH team.
  • Thanks for the tips everyone. I'm hearing a real case for Qira, so I'll add her to my list for sure.

As for Talia, Veers & Range - sounds like they can all wait for a while.

CLS is definitely gonna get done eventually, I'm still leaning towards Revan first though. I figure I can farm Jolee & Bastila, include Old Ben, and that will give me a half decent Jedi team at the same time.

As for Rey - I haven't even considered going after her yet! She can wait for a while. I think some of y'all thought I was referring to her when I meant Revan?

Anyway, thanks for all the replies - it's much appreciated. And please tell me if I'm being dumb and missing something important.

Thanks again and MTFBWY,
    Tizz