Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• Roon wrote: »
    This is utter ****. 17.5k power to even enter? I have a g11 (4/6 pieces) juhani, no zeta, and she's only 16860 power. Does that mean zetas on everyone is mandatory? This is ridiculous.

No zetas needed. Just base G12, all omegas, and 6 star mods.

I think this is the first time we had “extremely difficult” could be wrong tho
  • Yeah...this is meant to be the true meta.
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    2 days notice on a 2 day event that is a 17500 minimum requirement? Wow...just wow. If malak is the missing key to drevan teams thats just not cool at all. Guess i get to be another of those people who stops sending cash your way on occasion

Ditto. I’ve spent a good bit but I’m done. 17500 power means every toon has to be g12 with zetas. Could they grab for anymore cash? Only whales can get malak

More like g11 plus 3 or 4 gear pieces, but I agree with the rest of your comment. They're really milking the meta chasers. It might not be such a bad thing though if it keeps DR+Malak from being as omnipresent as JKR for a little while longer.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Roon wrote: »
    This is utter ****. 17.5k power to even enter? I have a g11 (4/6 pieces) juhani, no zeta, and she's only 16860 power. Does that mean zetas on everyone is mandatory? This is ridiculous.

I'll take it with a grain of salt. All your toons are g12 (and zeta'd?)

There is a limit on how difficult it can be at that point tbh
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Nihion wrote: »
    Lol. The people that didn’t see this coming.

Yea man, totally. How did anyone not see a completely new event, on a completely different cadence (2 day event), with 2 days notice that requires toons to be g12+ that’s never happened before. 🙄

Clearly you didn’t see a big paywall for Malak coming. It was pretty clear to me, when they teased him after DR. Hm, I wonder if adding an OP character right after this one will make us money...

So your argument is we knew malak was coming a week ago when dr ended, this everyone should have g12 toons? Brilliant

I never said that everyone should have G12 toons. I mean the opposite. It makes sense as a corporate decision, and if you’re not willing to spend, then why do you deserve DR and Malak? News Flash: You don’t.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Lol. The people that didn’t see this coming.

Yea man, totally. How did anyone not see a completely new event, on a completely different cadence (2 day event), with 2 days notice that requires toons to be g12+ that’s never happened before. 🙄

Clearly you didn’t see a big paywall for Malak coming. It was pretty clear to me, when they teased him after DR. Hm, I wonder if adding an OP character right after this one will make us money...

So your argument is we knew malak was coming a week ago when dr ended, this everyone should have g12 toons? Brilliant

bro
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Honestly peeps this isn't that bad. CG is going to add Malak shards to the guild store. Which by the way, wow! Finally a new character in the guild store. The only question now is how much are the Malak shards going to cost (5,000 guild tokens).
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    :-(
  • If a 4 month bottleneck or roadblock on a toon is gonna make you quit the game I question whether you were a fan to begin with. F2P being upset I can understand especially if it was their favorite toon.

But the solution is money for gear and if you don’t want to give up your money, then you will be on a 4 month wait before he comes back. That’s all.
  • Honestly, this seems like trying to make one big final cash grab before the end. Otherwise why try to ruin the game like this? Two Revan teams to get one character must mean that character is going to be even more OP than JKR. If you refuse to be stupid enough to panic farm all of that, then what's the point of the game for that player? The guys that occasionally buy gem packs to build traditional rosters of their fav characters from the movies are just going to stop as they'll quickly find out there's no point to building a CLS team or a Q'ira team or whatever just to make it just inside the top 300 of arena.

And if Malak isn't as OP as he should be to justify all the panic farming, you're just going to enrage your whales and drive them away from doing that again.

Six months till the end of this game? It's the only thing that actually makes sense about this stupid plan.

i cant see this game surviving after this
  • Roahn wrote: »
    Honestly peeps this isn't that bad. CG is going to add Malak shards to the guild store. Which by the way, wow! Finally a new character in the guild store. The only question now is how much are the Malak shards going to cost (5,000 guild tokens).

He appears once you unlock him. There's no getting around the requirements.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    In a way, this works out nicely for everyone. JKR is not yet obsolete thanks to the exclusivity of Malak and the upcoming Bastila changes, meaning F2P players who are only getting him later this month can still compete in arena and GA. DR owners without Malak still have a team that can easily beat JKR on offense, and the whales get their super-exclusive OP team.

no once you unlock him he is available in the guild store
  • It was really fun figuring out how to beat these difficult events with under-geared characters. It's a part of the game a lot really enjoyed. You have figured out a way around that and I suspect this won't be the last time.
  • Hey, I'm a new player. Should I invest in KOTOR?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Roon wrote: »

I'll take it with a grain of salt. All your toons are g12 (and zeta'd?)

There is a limit on how difficult it can be at that point tbh

I hope so.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Sawdust wrote: »
    Hey, I'm a new player. Should I invest in KOTOR?
    There is no other faction in this game
  • I spent money on getting JKR/DR/Sion/VisasMarr/SIthMarauder/Thrawn/BH's/Legendaries/Gear etc.... I am not a kraken but it's not chump change either. I went from a casual, barely logging player in 2017, to a committed player trying to help my guild beat HAAT. Let my "skill", RNGeezus, G12 zeta'd characters lead G7 Juhani, G8 T3, G12 Cancerous (17256 gp), G11 Carth to "Victory Through Power". Was hoping to use Sith Marauder somewhere for Malak... Lol
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Here is part of his kit that players discovered from the puzzle:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bbtanu/darth_malak_kit_so_far/
  • Oh stop all the doom and gloom. The games fine. We’ll get some new Insanely tough PvE content in the near future and life will be good again.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    So its any four characters?

THAT IS NOT BAD AT ALL

Anyone with JKR should have Bastila, Jolee, Mission, Zaalbar at g12 (helps scoundrel team)
    People with Darth Revan should already have g12 HK, BSF, and only need to work on Carth, Juhani or Canderous (any two) which they should have at a high gear due to DR event

There is nothing factual in this post
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    To reiterate, this will be an extremely difficult battle and for the first time in an event, you’ll need each of your characters to be at least at 17,500 Power to enter. You’ll also only have a limited time to complete this achievement and earn Darth Malak. The event will start Friday 4/12 12:01AM (UTC) and run through Sunday 4/14 11:59PM (UTC).

Does this mean that you need each of the 5 possible (non-lead) characters to be 17,500, or just any 4 of the 5?

Im reading it as 2v1
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Honestly, this seems like trying to make one big final cash grab before the end. Otherwise why try to ruin the game like this? Two Revan teams to get one character must mean that character is going to be even more OP than JKR. If you refuse to be stupid enough to panic farm all of that, then what's the point of the game for that player? The guys that occasionally buy gem packs to build traditional rosters of their fav characters from the movies are just going to stop as they'll quickly find out there's no point to building a CLS team or a Q'ira team or whatever just to make it just inside the top 300 of arena.

And if Malak isn't as OP as he should be to justify all the panic farming, you're just going to enrage your whales and drive them away from doing that again.

Six months till the end of this game? It's the only thing that actually makes sense about this stupid plan.

You should do a survey to see how many people play this game to win in arena. Hint: Everyone outside of the top 200 doesn’t care that much. Most people play the game because it’s fun, not because they need the honor and glory of first in arena. And the whales will keep paying for their game as long as OP characters (such as Malak) continue to be added.
  • CYG77
    75 posts Member
    Once again....
    Community: They really need to release characters that we want so bad.
    CG: Cha ching $$$$$$$ You heard em boys.

Heck I would estimate they are testing as we speak so we will probably get a delay due to an unforeseen issue with the sith raid.
    Errr... Malak will only appear in the store once you clear the event... If you don’t have your DR and JKR teams ready, you won’t see him in your store.
  • It was really fun figuring out how to beat these difficult events with under-geared characters. It's a part of the game a lot really enjoyed. You have figured out a way around that and I suspect this won't be the last time.

Just think about Jedi Luke all legendary required Chewy han endor leia C3PO R2D2 oml just wait