Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Roon wrote: »
    This is utter ****. 17.5k power to even enter? I have a g11 (4/6 pieces) juhani, no zeta, and she's only 16860 power. Does that mean zetas on everyone is mandatory? This is ridiculous.

No zetas needed. Just base G12, all omegas, and 6 star mods.

Not even g12. G11 plus whatever 4-5 pieces of gear are the easiest to farm. No 6• mods necessary.

djy8ey8yhzhy.png

Or G11 with one zeta, which already gets you close to 20k.

wru0mpqrwh9s.png

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    You should do a survey to see how many people play this game to win in arena. Hint: Everyone outside of the top 200 doesn’t care that much. Most people play the game because it’s fun, not because they need the honor and glory of first in arena. And the whales will keep paying for their game as long as OP characters (such as Malak) continue to be added.

I think most people participate in the arena to gain rewards to advance their characters. Those that don't play it much, probably don't buy a lot of packs if any. So I think you missed the point of the post. If you lock the "middle class" out of the arena with this crazy scheme, then I don't believe they're going to buy the occasional things they do. My point being that if the Capital games/EA is fine with losing that chunk of revenue, then it seems reasonable that's because it's not going to be around that much longer. Because otherwise, in my experience companies try to keep multiple revenue streams open.

I don’t think they are. First of all, shard chats still exist to regulate transfer of placements, and I highly doubt that enough whales exist in every shard to push the middle class out of quality rewards. And if you’re not always getting quality rewards, you don’t just quit the game, stop paying, etc. You still keep pushing, reaching for the next piece of content.
  • Stenun wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    My original question still remains. If a player has one of the Revan teams can he or she successfully unlock Malak at 5 stars or are both required for the 5 star unlock? Knowing the track record, I fully suspect it will be the latter, but an official answer would be nice on the subject.

Heya,
    Completing both battles will unlock Malak at 5 stars.

May I ask why you decided on this event structure?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Hmm. The fonzie meme is appropriate. This is close to that proverbial final straw for me, not that it matters much to CG
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    We still need one more thing cleared up see below

To reiterate, this will be an extremely difficult battle and for the first time in an event, you’ll need each of your characters to be at least at 17,500 Power to enter. You’ll also only have a limited time to complete this achievement and earn Darth Malak. The event will

It says you need each of your characters not the four characters you’re picking of five. So do all 5 need 17K+ or just the 4 we are using
  • Nose
    19 posts Member
    The KOTOR toons are great and used in the best GA/TW lineups. You won’t regret it. And BTW, the KOTOR universe/game/storyline is the best Star Wars content since OT, especially over any of this SJW Star Wars crap being produced lately.
  • Made an account just to tell you to go suck a **** devs. I have been with you for years and apart from a few minor gem purchases been a F2P player. I have been getting further and further away and stuck behind P2W features. Drop rates are ****, you want to go back to 5 tries a day which is **** and every new character just becomes more OP then the last. Im done.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Even my un-zetaed g10 Boba comes close to the GP requirements. Another piece of gear would probably put him over 17.5k.

mc0k840viej3.png
  • The ones you are using. You'll be using 5 characters for each battle, your Revan plus four (from the five possible for each stage).
  • Lol, first world problems..
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    Cool, I’ll just go ahead and skip arena now because there is no chance I’m going to rank anymore.

That's the idea. Arena was too fair. Got to make it just a little more exclusive.
  • Prosser wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    This is a completely new event type and will be more complicated and difficult than any event we’ve run before.

This should read as "will have a higher paywall then any event we've run before."

Yup. Bend over and open your wallets or no malak for you. And that’s how they treat people who most likely spent money on the game at somepoint

Consider the alternative. Do we really want a repeat of this:

awdy1y4adfoo.jpg

But that's not the ONLY alternative. Thats just the worst of our available options. They could, I dunno, release Malak as a legendary that requires any Old Republic, make him have a good, but not overly busted, kit thay synerguzes with DRevan, but is also answered by several available teams/too s, making for a more balanced meta where revan is beaten by Drevan who is beaten by a couple other options, who are beaten by revan; thus creating a moderately balanced meta where we have a few super popular teams (revan, drevan, and whateber theoretical team beat shim in this case. I have good luck with bounty hunters due to bobas missile, b7t it could be just about anything) that perform well but arent unbeatable and a handful of rogue teams that can slip in now amd then with proper building, good timing and moddong, and maybe a little luck. It doesnt have to be this or only revan, other options exist
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    That’s one way you can read it
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Conviviacr wrote: »
    @CG_Leviathan I see you are answering questions. There are JKR and 5 possible character and DR and 5 possible characters, do you need all 10 of those characters above 17,500 to attempt the event or is this like other events with restrictions and larger pools of characters then you can use and you will be able to choose from all the characters above 17500 but you need at least 4 for each event?

This an important distinction. If it is all 10 I am out. If it is needing 4 for each event I will at least gear up the two I need to to attempt it.

Depending on how hard the event is...you will need four other toons in each event.
    So probably:
    JKR, Bast, Jolee, 2 of Mission/Zaalbar/T3
    DR, BSF, HK, 2 of Carth/Cande/Juhani
  • The problem with stun guns or wampa/hermit been cast aside in store in order to gear12 characters or get Malak and the hard node from 8 to 5 will make people quit instead of making people come to this game to play with kotor characters and thats what gonna increase the income overall.
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Yeah many F2P understand how the game can keep going. Others don’t.

Others complain if they don’t get everything at the same time as everyone else. If whales have nothing to work towards (as well as hyped focused F2P who kept gearing the KOTOR toons) what is the incentive to keep playing and paying? If whales don’t buy stuff in the game this game is gone. Not sure how difficult it is to understand. No money...no game!

For any of you that run a business you may give some stuff away for free as a courtesy but you have to have others buy stuff to keep your business going! I mean how hard is that to figure out?!?!
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    My original question still remains. If a player has one of the Revan teams can he or she successfully unlock Malak at 5 stars or are both required for the 5 star unlock? Knowing the track record, I fully suspect it will be the latter, but an official answer would be nice on the subject.

Heya,
    Completing both battles will unlock Malak at 5 stars.

May I ask why you decided on this event structure?

Because this one’s for the whales. FTP and low spenders have had a very easy time for the past year, whales have had little value. This is the payback, and it’s overdue.

This one? Every event except Luke, chewie, and 3p0 (with the later two being difficult adjusted) had given 2 weeks to farm until DR and short of hording 80k crystals in between you weren't getting them without spending money. Very easy is a stretch at best
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    “Forcing people to quit” is a horrible argument. The world isn’t going to quit just because they missed one toon that might be in the arena meta.
  • Even my un-zetaed g10 Boba comes close to the GP requirements. Another piece of gear would probably put him over 17.5k.

mc0k840viej3.png

Except that isn’t a required toon and has nothing to do with the event. Different toons have different power

Close. All upgrades have the same power increase for all characters. A zeta will always add X Power, mods always add Y power. Boba is a bad example, as he has six abilities, adding greatly to his GP. Most of the OR/SE toons have only 4 or so abilitles, so they will need more gear or greater mods to boost their numbers.
  • Technically you need all 10 because you need both squads to get him to 5*
  • an average of 17.500 gp would be fair,
  • Here is the thing...DSR with Malak is the true meta...so think of it as a combine meta wall.

They have up'd the level of Bastila so there is going to be a lot of competition for DSR without malak and JKR teams after the top tier.
  • You’re really nit picking here, I’m sure they’re kind of assuming you have your revan already way past 17500 if you’re even thinking about participating in this event so it doesn’t need to be specified
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    Technically you need all 10 because you need both squads to get him to 5*

Yep, all ten out of a possible 12.
  • I would rather this event be unbeatable without G12 rather than unplayable without G12
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    And technically there’s 12 characters can I enter the event with just 10 at 17k+