Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• If I miss out on him oh well but don't make me take Juhanni to G12 to do it. I did spend money on gear to get DR, HK (G11 don't use him), Dbast, Canderous to G12. I was like one of the last ones in my shard to swap over to using DR. Then I slowly caved in with crystals here and crystals there for gear. I am talking about the crystals that Visass get you not arena payouts. I was going to get to Carth eventually. How about this CG if I get Juhanni to G12, you got to rework her to be better than the rework for General Kenobi. So rework her first to be better than GK after his rework.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    LE_DUC wrote: »
    Soooo we get a p2w event for the Star Wars Celebration ? Bravo EA, bravo....
    Nice gift to the fans....

Why do you deserve Malak if you’re not going to pay?

Why are you assuming he is ftp and hasn’t already invested money? You’re a snarky ****

Ah, we’ve resorted to name calling. I can see where this is going.

If you want to get the krakens to keep spending, you need incentive. By making Malak p2w (although gearing those toons was almost necessary) they are securing their income from those folks. If he won’t pay for Malak, then he simply does not deserve to receive him. It’s how a business works.
  • Wait till the mouse pulls the Star Wars License from EA, CG will have to go back to beating up kids on the playground for their lunch money to keep the lights on.
  • Virem
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Even my un-zetaed g10 Boba comes close to the GP requirements. Another piece of gear would probably put him over 17.5k.

mc0k840viej3.png

You do realize you keep posting characters that have 5-6 ability slots that increase the overall GP, while characters like Mission and Zaalbar only have 4, right? You're comparing apples to oranges.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    “Forcing people to quit” is a horrible argument. The world isn’t going to quit just because they missed one toon that might be in the arena meta.

That was probably a poor choice of words. CG won't actually "force" people to quit, but if people feel that they can't keep up, especially people that spend money on this game, then they will decide to move on.
  • phartung55 wrote: »
    Prosser wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    This is a completely new event type and will be more complicated and difficult than any event we’ve run before.

This should read as "will have a higher paywall then any event we've run before."

Yup. Bend over and open your wallets or no malak for you. And that’s how they treat people who most likely spent money on the game at somepoint

Consider the alternative. Do we really want a repeat of this:

awdy1y4adfoo.jpg

But that's not the ONLY alternative. Thats just the worst of our available options. They could, I dunno, release Malak as a legendary that requires any Old Republic, make him have a good, but not overly busted, kit thay synerguzes with DRevan, but is also answered by several available teams/too s, making for a more balanced meta where revan is beaten by Drevan who is beaten by a couple other options, who are beaten by revan; thus creating a moderately balanced meta where we have a few super popular teams (revan, drevan, and whateber theoretical team beat shim in this case. I have good luck with bounty hunters due to bobas missile, b7t it could be just about anything) that perform well but arent unbeatable and a handful of rogue teams that can slip in now amd then with proper building, good timing and moddong, and maybe a little luck. It doesnt have to be this or only revan, other options exist

But isn't that pretty close to what we're getting now? The JKR pie has been divided between the two Revans, one of which is easier to get than CLS or RTJ and thus very F2P-friendly. CLS and Traya are still able to throw down with both Revans, as are really well-modded NS and BH teams.

We've even seen a revival of Nightmare Sith thanks to the addition of Bastila F. Dusty zPalp squads are suddenly able to take on JKR. And even if the new DR+Malak meta is as hopelessly OP as JKR once used to be, it'll be an exclusive whale toy for the time being. Seems pretty diverse to me (at least until the Malak event returns for the second time).
  • Ah the 17,500 GP limit - is this to launch the entire event or just each phase?

Can you swap mods between P1 & P2 to get you over the line or is the GP limit a pre-requisite on each character to launch the event?

So can I use my best mods on P1 and swap them onto my P2 charcaters or is there NO BREAK between P1 and P2 like some Phase 1 & Phase 2 events?
  • Virem wrote: »
    Even my un-zetaed g10 Boba comes close to the GP requirements. Another piece of gear would probably put him over 17.5k.

mc0k840viej3.png

You do realize you keep posting characters that have 5-6 ability slots that increase the overall GP, while characters like Mission and Zaalbar only have 4, right? You're comparing apples to oranges.

G11 and g12 with zetas...that's how you clear 17,500
  • The part that sucks isn't that his requirements are so high. It's the inevitable nerf that our old toons will get if (when) they make him irrelevant in battle. My money is on NS getting one. (They always get one.)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Wombat1300 wrote: »
    “Forcing people to quit” is a horrible argument. The world isn’t going to quit just because they missed one toon that might be in the arena meta.

That was probably a poor choice of words. CG won't actually "force" people to quit, but if people feel that they can't keep up, especially people that spend money on this game, then they will decide to move on.

And leave all of their previous investments behind?
  • phartung55 wrote: »
    Prosser wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    This is a completely new event type and will be more complicated and difficult than any event we’ve run before.

This should read as "will have a higher paywall then any event we've run before."

Yup. Bend over and open your wallets or no malak for you. And that’s how they treat people who most likely spent money on the game at somepoint

Consider the alternative. Do we really want a repeat of this:

awdy1y4adfoo.jpg

But that's not the ONLY alternative. Thats just the worst of our available options. They could, I dunno, release Malak as a legendary that requires any Old Republic, make him have a good, but not overly busted, kit thay synerguzes with DRevan, but is also answered by several available teams/too s, making for a more balanced meta where revan is beaten by Drevan who is beaten by a couple other options, who are beaten by revan; thus creating a moderately balanced meta where we have a few super popular teams (revan, drevan, and whateber theoretical team beat shim in this case. I have good luck with bounty hunters due to bobas missile, b7t it could be just about anything) that perform well but arent unbeatable and a handful of rogue teams that can slip in now amd then with proper building, good timing and moddong, and maybe a little luck. It doesnt have to be this or only revan, other options exist

Isn't that pretty close to what we're getting now though? The JKR pie has been divided between the 2 Revans, one of which is easier to get than CLS or RTJ and thus very F2P-friendly. CLS and Traya are able to take on both Revans, as are really well-modded NS and BH teams.

We've even seen a revival of Nightmare Sith thanks to the addition of Bastila F. zPalp squads are suddenly able to take on JKR. And even if the new DR+Malak meta is as hopelessly OP as JKR once used to be, it'll be an exclusive whale toy for the time being. Seems pretty diverse to me, at least until the Malak event returns for the 2nd time.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Kit Reveal when?

You will have to unlock the kit reveal for $19.99 after you complete the Malak event. So if you don't pay you won't be able to see his skills because it will show "?????????" for each skill description.
  • I CANT WAIT!!

Love Malak and look forward to the unlock!!
    Plenty of resources to gear him up and 60 zeta and 88 omegas waiting. He’s going to rule.

Im just a big hairy American winning machine and flat out the best there has ever been. Nobody can hang with my stuff.

#thekrackening
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I highly doubt that enough whales exist in every shard to push the middle class out of quality rewards.

I disagree, they already have pushed them out of the best rewards. As you said, the middle class are already not interested in dominating in the arena, they just want to gradually build their characters. This will make even gradually building without constant cash infusions impossible or at least seem so.

If you disbelieve me, look how fast the gm's killed my thread.

What? You can gradually build your characters at whatever speed you want, and it never has to involve cash.
  • fvt4liy1mrx2.jpg
    Doesnt take too much to make it work.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Hope Malak makes DR ridiculously OP. All this for a backfiring budget fire **** would be insane.
  • Virem wrote: »

mc0k840viej3.png

Sorry, but these are the only g11 characters I have. I didn't realize that one ability slot makes such a difference in GP. You're completely right though. I found someone with a g12 Ackbar in the review of the last GA, and he only has 17,163 GP. My bad.
  • This is just ridiculous. This character should have been some sort of special marquee or a legendary at best. But this...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    What? You can gradually build your characters at whatever speed you want, and it never has to involve cash.

Derail. Instead just admit I'm right. Goodbye.

Instead of deflecting my argument by claiming victory, could you clarify your post so that it has a point?
  • Thanks for that last final push to make me quit the game and take everyone I can with me. I really should blame myself. I swore to never play another game that CG was involved with after CG did the exact same thing and destroyed that game. Trust me, it won't happen again!!!! CG are nothing but thieves that trick people into spending a ton of cash while driving a good game into the ground and discontinuing it once everyone has left leaving the suckers that bankrolled them to dangle in the wind with nothing to show for it. Peace out!
  • So, what you're saying is you're breaking your promise to always announce event requirements at least 1 week before the start of the event?
  • So the missing part to my DR team, which I spent a ridiculous amount panic farming is now dependent on me having aJKR team at G12 zeta? All while Bastila and JKR get new buffs despite still dominating my shard?
    DR is the biggest disappointment ever. This Malak thing is insane and unfair. Not getting a dime from me for anything from now on - and I spent $100 weekly. I'm out. This is a smack in the face to anyone who invested in DR. Back to SWTOR.
  • I don't blame the devs, they just make cool content. The suits? well, ya know

I do have a new beef, not mentioned so far: How about DR gets to use his own FACTION? Ya know, the Sith Empire toons that go with his leadership? The ones people have been gearing to go with their DRs?

This is the same as the Threepio/Chewbacca setup. One event forces people to gear up toons, then bang another makes them spend cash because they already used their hoarded resources.

In this case, we get DR, use our hoarded resources on him and whatever toons work with him, then BANG Malak requires us to gear toons they KNOW we didn't gear.

They RUN THE GAME... they know what toons we did and didn't gear...

So that's not very nice, to give us a leader of a faction, who works best with other toons outside the faction+unlock group,. and then require us to gear the unlocks higher. It's very clearly calculated, premeditated, and manipulative. Just the things I want from my entertainment.. like Game of Thrones! Except NOT when I'm Ned Stark.
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Roon wrote: »
    This is utter ****. 17.5k power to even enter? I have a g11 (4/6 pieces) juhani, no zeta, and she's only 16860 power. Does that mean zetas on everyone is mandatory? This is ridiculous.

No zetas needed. Just base G12, all omegas, and 6 star mods.

"Just" lolol more than alot of number 1 ranked arena teams hahaha
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    JKR and to a large extent DR are "me too" toons, fairly easy to get if you planned well. I'm fine with the vast majority of my shard mates being caught with their pants down, so to speak. You don't get to have everything on the cheap

I'm also fine with DR+Malak being very exclusive for the first months. Better than an arena full off the latest OP toons. And they're even throwing JKR owners and us prospective JKR owners a bone by improving an old meta.
  • So, what you're saying is you're breaking your promise to always announce event requirements at least 1 week before the start of the event?

That's actually a good point...I forgot about that.