Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• DuneFlint wrote: »
    2 days notice on a 2 day event that is a 17500 minimum requirement? Wow...just wow. If malak is the missing key to drevan teams thats just not cool at all. Guess i get to be another of those people who stops sending cash your way on occasion

Ditto. I’ve spent a good bit but I’m done. 17500 power means every toon has to be g12 with zetas. Could they grab for anymore cash? Only whales can get malak

More like g11 plus 3 or 4 gear pieces, but I agree with the rest of your comment. They're really milking the meta chasers. It might not be such a bad thing though if it keeps DR+Malak from being as omnipresent as JKR for a little while longer.

G11 + 3 or 4 is well short of 17500
  • @bobafett mentioned preferring the event to be playable under g12 but unbeatable.

I favor the reverse.

I'd rather this event be easily beatable at g12 but unplayable without g12 (or 17.5k gp/toon or whatever).

I've had enough of the events that have both high entry requirements AND require multiple restarts. If I've worked on developing my characters for literally months what's the point of giving me a 9-hour headache?

EA/CG has proved that they're not good at developing interesting strategic challenges that your skill can overcome at marginal gear levels. Both the Threepio event and the Chewy event were far too RNG dependent. I have ZERO interest in another challenge requiring restart after restart after restart. I get it. They were challenging battles. And I overcame them. But they're not the kind of challenge I'm interested in, and EA/CG has given us few events in the past where good strategy and thinking on the fly to respond to RNG makes a difference. You start the event and either get blown away (or have a vital character in your ability-chain suffer a vital debuff) or get a chance to play the event. And the number of times you get blown away far exceeds your opportunities to actually play the event.

What purpose does that serve? It's simply a time waster. It's not interesting. It's not exciting. It doesn't engage your brain. You can't hit your buttons more accurately or faster to overcome it. You sit there while pre-loaded TM is spent demolishing you, then retreat, then sit there again.

There are actually easy ways to overcome this ridiculous situation where "playing" the game amounts to watching the same boring video of your destruction over and over.

Think of the Chewy event. Now think of the Chewy event if before it started you got to give Stealth to one toon of your choice and Tenacity UP to one toon of your choice (they can be on the same toon if you like). While the overwhelming initial assault still takes place, you don't have to worry about the first toon in your strategy-chain being taken out, stunned or ability blocked.

This doesn't actually make it any easier, because you can always start the event over and over until the toon/s are not killed, ability blocked or stunned and retreating doesn't take skill. No, the difficulty is EXACTLY the same, but you don't have to restart as many times and watch that boring, stupid video over and over. You spend your time PLAYING THE EVENT instead of waiting for text to appear on the screen and click through.

Spending time playing instead of watching the same 25 seconds of video over and over, clicking through the same two text boxes over and over? Inconceivable!

If EA/CG could make simple adjustments like this, we could spend time enjoying the challenge. But for some reason they aren't interested in focussing your time on actually playing the game and would rather you spend your time rolling the dice over and over and over and over and over until you're even allowed to make an attempt.

Given that EA/CG is not interested in giving us difficult challenges that focus on gameplay, I'm not interested in adding hours of frustration to my months of farming. The farming challenge is enough. Set that up and then let us collect the toon and go use it for actual game play that's actually interesting. The events are bad and have been getting worse. I'm not interested in another one.

• Don’t most folks already have these toons pretty highly geared? I’ve got a little work to do on mission and juhani but the rest are already there.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Thrawn 2.0 - Phoenix on both sides - ship soon (tm), too, I suppose
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    TydusKlife wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    TydusKlife wrote: »
    Also requiring 10 7* characters for a 5* character is extremely ridiculous and a huge jump from anything seen before and I think that will discourage more players than it will attract
    CLS and JTR both require ten 7* characters. Most likely speculation puts a future Jedi Luke at twenty.

No they each require 5 7* characters and are a 7* unlock
    JTR requires 7* Rey, Finn, Han, Chewie, and BB-8. BB-8 requires 5 7* First Order units. That's ten units.

CLS requires 7* Han, Leia, Luke, Ben, and R2. R2 requires 5 7* Empire units. That's ten units. And most players use Phoenix squad to unlock Palpatine, who is their lead to unlock R2, who they use Phoenix to get, meaning they voluntarily get 15 7* units to get CLS.

Malak requires 12.
    Still not a he.
  • EA is the Cersei Lannister of game companies
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Happy for Darth Malak but i will grab him next time. Don't have Darth Revan yet.
  • While i feel for ppl that aren't ready this is far from a "whale" event. If you used both revans in arena and made a carth team youre 99% there already. Just cause youre not ready doesnt make it a cash grab it means youre not ready.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    So, what you're saying is you're breaking your promise to always announce event requirements at least 1 week before the start of the event?

That's actually a good point...I forgot about that.

they will tell you that this is a special event and no heroes journey/legendary
    so they havent said anything about how much time they give us for such super special new stupid events
    they can bend their own rules like they want
    not much to get me excited

next week you need g12 +5 full zeta grievous and his crew for some other super special event we should get excited about
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Wombat1300 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    “Forcing people to quit” is a horrible argument. The world isn’t going to quit just because they missed one toon that might be in the arena meta.

That was probably a poor choice of words. CG won't actually "force" people to quit, but if people feel that they can't keep up, especially people that spend money on this game, then they will decide to move on.

And leave all of their previous investments behind?

There are quite a few who will. Some I know already have, others like myself just aren't going to spend money, that is the best way to get a return on your investment. You can always spend your money elsewhere.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    MistaLeahy wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    This game just went 200% ptp. Name any new changes that are ftp friendly

the beginning of the game :D

I think the liquor is in control 😜

Carrie Lahey trailer park star wars supervisor and randy crumb bobandy assistant trailer park star wars supervisor

Dk’rickey bubbles n julian will not stand for this we preach

Watch it boys !!!! Carrie Laheys on the Liquor again the crapmalak winds r in the airs

Once CG collapes the game we will move on and it will all be water under the Fridge.... atadaso... atadaso

The liquor is in control boys
  • Syce
    24 posts Member
    Don't complain. They'll delete your post.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Delete
    Post edited by Madpup on
  • Jxm_82 wrote: »
    While i feel for ppl that aren't ready this is far from a "whale" event. If you used both revans in arena and made a carth team youre 99% there already. Just cause youre not ready doesnt make it a cash grab it means youre not ready.

I also agree with this.

I am missing Juhani/Cande at 17,500
  • Lololol what will the next new low be. I think it’s time to tell my guild I’m over this dung heap.
  • If Malak needs this many characters to unlock him, I can only imagine what we will need for Jedi Luke when he is eventually released. I can easily see pretty much every OT character in the roster being needed for him.
  • Roon wrote: »
    This is utter ****. 17.5k power to even enter? I have a g11 (4/6 pieces) juhani, no zeta, and she's only 16860 power. Does that mean zetas on everyone is mandatory? This is ridiculous.

No zetas needed. Just base G12, all omegas, and 6 star mods.

"Just" lolol more than alot of number 1 ranked arena teams hahaha

If I remember correctly, many people invested a similar amount of resources in an Ewok squad for 3PO. All g11-12 with 2-3 zetas for the whole team. And I double-zetaed my g12 Bossk with 6• mods for Chewbacca. Had I followed the recommendations of the event, I would have had to take the entire team to g12. Bounty Hunters are arguably more overall useful than Old Republic, but I'm not so sure about Ewoks.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    *shrugs*

I'm the highest-ranked person on my arena who doesn't have either Revan. Malak comes out and I'll still be the same rank. Fine with me.

Enjoy your shiny new toy, those of you who get him!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I can not wait to not participate in this.

Same here
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Madpup wrote: »
    I'm going to put this simply and I know this will get my forum account either suspended or banned and my game account may even be suspended or banned. I'm refunding my purchases for the DR event. **** about this game any longer. I SPENT MONEY to get Revan, then I spent to gear him up, and now if I want to have have a true DR team I'm going to have to spend a third time to gear up characters who are useless to me up to gear 12 minimum. You have constantly shifted the goal posts here and it's the scummiest money grabbing I've seen yet. I'm out

I mean.

The event is going to come back. Just do it next time. Sheesh.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • This is actually trash. I’ve spent much more than I would like to admit on this game and I’m 100% done with opening up my wallet to encourage this type of behavior. This type of micromanaging petty behavior is insane.
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    2 days notice on a 2 day event that is a 17500 minimum requirement? Wow...just wow. If malak is the missing key to drevan teams thats just not cool at all. Guess i get to be another of those people who stops sending cash your way on occasion

Ditto. I’ve spent a good bit but I’m done. 17500 power means every toon has to be g12 with zetas. Could they grab for anymore cash? Only whales can get malak

More like g11 plus 3 or 4 gear pieces, but I agree with the rest of your comment. They're really milking the meta chasers. It might not be such a bad thing though if it keeps DR+Malak from being as omnipresent as JKR for a little while longer.

G11 + 3 or 4 is well short of 17500

Yeah, I didn't realize the GP difference between toons with 4 versus 5-6 abilities. All my characters that are currently g11 have more than 4 ability slots.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm going to put this simply and I know this will get my forum account either suspended or banned and my game account may even be suspended or banned. I'm refunding my purchases for the DR event. **** about this game any longer. I SPENT MONEY to get Revan, then I spent to gear him up, and now if I want to have have a true DR team I'm going to have to spend a third time to gear up characters who are useless to me up to gear 12 minimum. You have constantly shifted the goal posts here and it's the scummiest money grabbing I've seen yet. I'm out

Well...most of the characters are not useless. OR toons are great for TW and GA.
    And most people already geared them up for the DSR event.
  • Tired of KOTOR toons, and even more tired of the shameless money grabs. What a joke.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Requirements for the next event:
    - have all characters at G12
    - Have at least 1000 6* mods
    - Have at least 100 mods (non arrow) with > 25 speed secondary
    - Have completed all the quests.
    - Have at least 100.000 crystal available
    - Have at least 200 zetas spent on characters
    - Minimum of 6 million GP required
  • Requirements for the next event:
    - have all characters at G12
    - Have at least 1000 6* mods
    - Have at least 100 mods (non arrow) with > 25 speed secondary
    - Have completed all the quests.
    - Have at least 100.000 crystal available

if true...it will mean very few people will get the toon...so no biggie
  • You guys love making the pay gap larger and larger don't you. I turned f2p on this game a little over a year ago, and this whole KOTOR blitz has been hugely detrimental to f2p. The teams that come out of KOTOR are ruling the game and I'm finally getting JKR this go round and probably get DR in 6 months. So, I guess I might be able to get Malak in 8-9 months. Do you not see a problem with that?

I'm FTP and I have both Revans. If you can't manage your stuff, then that's on you.

That said...

Bring on Darth Malak!
  • NicWester wrote: »

I mean.

The event is going to come back. Just do it next time. Sheesh.

There is not a single word in the dev post indicating when or even IF the event is going to come back. While I'm sure that it will come back, we don't know 100%.
  • Tacky back to back cash grabs asides, I'd really like to know if Malak is going to obliterate a meta that it took CG almost SIX MONTHS to stabilize. Ridiculous Revan kits aside, the fact that every meta team is finally reliably beatable by something was a weight off of people's backs. I'm seriously going to side eye this kit if Malak's abilities directly nerf CLS/Palp's viability against Dre.