Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• G20
    132 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Even my un-zetaed g10 Boba comes close to the GP requirements. Another piece of gear would probably put him over 17.5k.

mc0k840viej3.png

You do realize that it's because he has an extra ability that's his payout right?

17500 is a full G11 character with 4 abilities, i know because my Teebo is like that. If the charater has a zeta ability then the power level goes over 19000.

Frankly it is not really that diferent from Chewbacca event which was hard to do.

Less than 2 days to prepare and we need 10 toons 17500. Thats some cow manure
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    So true Darth Malak will be in the guild store once you unlock him at 5 stars. The question of how much his shards will cost after that will be intriguing. The only advice for those that don't have both JKR & Darth Revan is farm the characters required now. So your ready when both their events return and Darth Malaks event will return as well.
    The only real issue here is new content in the form of a new raid, new maps for Territory Battles, new tiers to both lightside and darkside missions (extremely difficult please), revamp Galactic War table, add a KOTOR table maybe and a ships raid.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    Game Over.

This comment is SO on point. Because that's literally what it is. First the hard node thing and now this ridiculous event. The game is going downhill and everyone knows it.

Lol, you people. I’ll be laughing at this for ages.

You can keep pretending that the game is in a good state, but it doesn't change the fact that it isn't. Just because you believe in unicorns doesn't make them real. Just saying.

Just because you want the game to end doesn’t make it real. Even if it does, I’ll still be laughing.

Any chance of multiquoting the 20 times you said your laughing at someone in the last 30 posts

(Again post all the lols u want)

Someone turned me on to it while posting on different topics in one thread... figured since your just telling people how your laughing at em.... you would get more lol dramatic laughing effect with a wall of you laughing at people you disagree with posts
  • Is the puzzle still being solved or was the partial kit reveal the second part?
  • I'm not new to Freemium Games. I have played Marvel War of Heroes and Star Wars Force Collection. I've seen where those games were bringing in lots of $$.. I also seen when lots of players sold off their accounts and quit. This game is way more FTP than those but doing a "turn and burn" so soon is bad business. Don't laugh at people when they say they are on the verge of quitting. I have had thoughts about it also but never voiced it aloud. I haven't had such a bad time here. I whaled on Sion and ruled arena until Bastila came out. Whaled on Bastila and ruled arena until more 5* Trayas came out. Whaled out and got JKR and ruled arena when he came out. in a whisper voice: got everything but HMF since then. Not FTP either. Whaled to unlock DR and not ruling arena because I can't for the life of me get a triangle with 20+ speed. So I run Emp Palp with DR being a sidekick to climb. Then I leave my team as is so the faster DR teams can have fun with my team. So please don't tell me that I haven't "earned it" because Juhanni is G8. Where I can get Carth to G12 with cold hard Revanue or lucky raid rewards by Saturday easily. Just missing 31 gold eyeball components for an eyeball. 3 squirt gun salvage and another complete eyeball for a Mk 6 pew pew. Juhanni is the only thing making me sick. Not even mad. Just sick.
  • I loved this event, the required 17500 is a thing but most people who really invest (not money, but understanding the game) has the OR geared already since they are the 2nd best def team for TW and GA. Thanks CG, looking fwd for the KIT and for Friday!!
  • ... Why?
    Ok, look guys, i know i dont get annoyed often (as much) this makes me a little ticked. You guys are my fav devs in the gaming industry but this a low blow.

Look, I am a diehard f2p, and i know you wanted to to finish up kotor as soon as possible, but this may have not been the way to do it. Perhaps this is me reacting in the moment, but honestly, this is me and traya all over again. Ugh.

This is literally endgame content, and no, that is not a pun. I was really looking forward to being able to try this dude out but this is insane. 17500 gp?! Are you kidding me!? And the only thing I get to mess around with is the bastilla rework! AK....

Alright, after throwing this out the window, ive calmed down, and instead of ranting, thought about it. Malak was fought by both darth and jedi revan. It makes sense. Check out my outdated lore story overview. And i also checked mobilegamer's video, and his kit looks insane, with a preetty much mini annihlate, sure. What idea im getting here is that you guys are not to eager for dr to become op, i understand that. What I really want is something more f2p friendly, like a cool marquee character or somethin. All these things that have been realeased is for money, and i just want something i can get, play around with, and say, thats nice, cool character.

Guess ill continue hoarding crystals then. Heres mobiles vid by the way, if you guys havent seen it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=le5DnkNwm0E
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • I was hoping for no more KOTOR content.
    I am immeasurably disappointed.
    If these are what the requirements are for someone so insignificant as Malak, I am dreading Jedi Luke. We're gonna need G12 Tuskens for him just because he thought they killed Owen and Beru, which will be one out of 48 stages to get him.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • And absolute hell in arena.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    G20 wrote: »
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Even my un-zetaed g10 Boba comes close to the GP requirements. Another piece of gear would probably put him over 17.5k.

mc0k840viej3.png

You do realize that it's because he has an extra ability that's his payout right?

17500 is a full G11 character with 4 abilities, i know because my Teebo is like that. If the charater has a zeta ability then the power level goes over 19000.

Frankly it is not really that diferent from Chewbacca event which was hard to do.

Less than 2 days to prepare and we need 10 toons 17500. Thats some cow manure

They get revenue via panic farms from people who have neither the patience and/or the time to get those chars via F2P.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    Requirements for the next event:
    - have all characters at G12
    - Have at least 1000 6* mods
    - Have at least 100 mods (non arrow) with > 25 speed secondary
    - Have completed all the quests.
    - Have at least 100.000 crystal available

if true...it will mean very few people will get the toon...so no biggie

That's precisely how I feel about Malak. The less Malaks, the better. Keep him exclusive until after the second event and our squad arenas will be better off for it.
  • Finally a chance to get a new toon that a lot of people will most probably miss that will really make the sith empire faction shine.

This is what spenders want. All the new arena Revan teams that decide after 3 years they wanna climb into the top10 all of a sudden cause they got JKR are gonna be in for a rude awakening.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    And absolute hell in arena.

So, basically a return to the last 4 months. Great. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    Game Over.

This comment is SO on point. Because that's literally what it is. First the hard node thing and now this ridiculous event. The game is going downhill and everyone knows it.

Lol, you people. I’ll be laughing at this for ages.

You can keep pretending that the game is in a good state, but it doesn't change the fact that it isn't. Just because you believe in unicorns doesn't make them real. Just saying.

Just because you want the game to end doesn’t make it real. Even if it does, I’ll still be laughing.

Any chance of multiquoting the 20 times you said your laughing at someone in the last 30 posts

(Again post all the lols u want)

Someone turned me on to it while posting on different topics in one thread... figured since your just telling people how your laughing at em.... you would get more lol dramatic laughing effect with a wall of you laughing at people you disagree with posts

Lol.

It’s my new thing. Laughter is the best medicine... that’s why I’m laughing at you ;)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    LE_DUC wrote: »
    Soooo we get a p2w event for the Star Wars Celebration ? Bravo EA, bravo....
    Nice gift to the fans....

Why do you deserve Malak if you’re not going to pay?

Why does CG deserve to be paid for this ****?

Because they create this game that you spend your time on? Why does Disney deserve to get money? Why does anyone?

If they do something I don't like, as a consumer, I have the right to decide whether or not to give them money.

And then, as a company, they get to decide whether you will get their product or not. Often, you have to buy what they sell.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Let me start by stating that I personally do NOT like this requirement but after calmly thinking about it, there might be other reasons behind this new requirement other than OMG CASH GRAB PAYWALL.

Firstly, you see people complain about the difficulty of their events I.e. Chewbacca and that it’s crazy RNG and people need hundreds of attempts, but what if majority of people could clear it easily when the required characters are actually well invested(geared). Then we also wouldn’t need to desperately check for “minimum geared strategies” because we are actually being forced to gear to the minimum that CG is satisfied with. I think it’s easier for CG to set this precedent and deal with the backlash 1 time than deal with the complaints dumpster fires every event.

Secondly, with the introduction of Grand Arena and people scrutinising their opponent’s rosters, there are more reports of cheating and other “how’d this person achieve this legendary with this crap roster”. Well, now that they’re forcing this requirement, cheaters won’t be able to clear Events with Level 1, Gear 1 characters. CG clamps down on cheating, reduces complaints about cheaters and reduces the workload of their cheating investigators. Win, win and win.

Thirdly, smart F2P players have been hoarding resources to better tackle the increasingly heavy requirements of the events but raising the requirements even further will eliminate all but the most excessive of hoarders. This will give P2P players an edge and make them feel that their investments are worthwhile.

Lastly but actually the most importantly, “Cha Ching $$$”. :D
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    And absolute hell in arena.

So, basically a return to the last 4 months. Great. :/

Hopefully not. Watch the vid for a snippet of his power.
  • Im running jkr, and ugh, if he comes around me.
    at206ybsr5ze.gif
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Malak cant hold revans jock strap, yet malak requires all this!!!

1+1=3
    Smh
  • This event, to call it in some way, is a tease. All those who laugh here in favor of EA and you assure that you are total F2P lie. Only paying players can afford to have almost all the ORs at level 12.
    I hope the game is no longer viable and all your money turns into smoke. That day I will give for you.
    We should all row in one direction to stop EA abuses
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Let me start by stating that I personally do NOT like this requirement but after calmly thinking about it, there might be other reasons behind this new requirement other than OMG CASH GRAB PAYWALL.

Firstly, you see people complain about the difficulty of their events I.e. Chewbacca and that it’s crazy RNG and people need hundreds of attempts, but what if majority of people could clear it easily when the required characters are actually well invested(geared). Then we also wouldn’t need to desperately check for “minimum geared strategies” because we are actually being forced to gear to the minimum that CG is satisfied with. I think it’s easier for CG to set this precedent and deal with the backlash 1 time than deal with the complaints dumpster fires every event.

Secondly, with the introduction of Grand Arena and people scrutinising their opponent’s rosters, there are more reports of cheating and other “how’d this person achieve this legendary with this crap roster”. Well, now that they’re forcing this requirement, cheaters won’t be able to clear Events with Level 1, Gear 1 characters. CG clamps down on cheating, reduces complaints about cheaters and reduces the workload of their cheating investigators. Win, win and win.

Thirdly, smart F2P players have been hoarding resources to better tackle the increasingly heavy requirements of the events but raising the requirements even further will eliminate all but the most excessive of hoarders. This will give P2P players an edge and make them feel that their investments are worthwhile.

I like your comment. I don't 100% agree with it but you do mention some good points. Props, sir.
  • Malak abilities :
    on them: and Shock _ _a lor 2 turns. . l.

FINAL TEXT : Deal damage to target enemy equal to 100% of their Max Health, and gain a stack of Dark Infusion until the end of battle, which can't be dispelled or prevented. Then, recover Health equal to the damage dealt. This ability cant be evaded and starts on cooldown.

Dark Infusion:+35% Offense per stack (max 3 stacks). At max stacks, these bonuses are doubled and basicac attacks inflict Healing immunity for 2 turns.

Unique 2 : Jaws of life : FINAL TEXT (ZETA) Darth Malak takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects, and at the ... of battle he loses all Protection and gains that much Max Health. Malak gains 35% Critical Avoidance, Health Steal, Tenacity, and Defense while he has bubled while he has less than 50% Health, and tripled while he has lesc Malak reaches each of these thresholds, he gains a bonus
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Finally a chance to get a new toon that a lot of people will most probably miss that will really make the sith empire faction shine.

This is what spenders want. All the new arena Revan teams that decide after 3 years they wanna climb into the top10 all of a sudden cause they got JKR are gonna be in for a rude awakening.

rt82hwereyiu.jpeg

Francis
  • Huatimus wrote: »

Excellent post. I didn’t even think about the cheating angle. This is definitely a better method than having people complaining about needing 180 attempts at G8/9 to get perfect RNG when it isn’t even meant to be done at that gear level. People may not even realize it, but this is exactly what they’ve been demanding.
  • Guys, you probably know i am f2p. Darth revan and crews updates were awesome. Malak.... You know my opinion.

But, Im seriously tired of all this spending. I speak in terms for all free to players, that we need more f2p friendly content this month, because im kinda tired of all this.

Anyway, ugh. Thats my opinion.
  • I really don’t understand what all the fuss is about. This makes total sense to me. They essentially gave Darth Revan away for free. They gave more than enough time for F2P players to farm him without spending any money. Many of my guildmates got him without spending a dime or having/needing a huge stockpile of crystals. Thus, instead of making money off the character, they said were going to make money off gear instead. Here is your free Darth Revan, but you may need to spend to gear characters to get Malak.

People just have completely unreasonable expectations and want everything for free. Well to those people I say get used to this. CG HAS to change how they earn money every so often. If they follow a pattern (i.e. 5 marquees ——-> Legendary) they become completely predictable, people hoarde the necessary resource, and thus don’t have to spend any money. CG has to make money for the game to survive. All they did here was switch from earning money on character shards to earning money on gear instead.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    AlexRevan wrote: »
    This event, to call it in some way, is a tease. All those who laugh here in favor of EA and you assure that you are total F2P lie. Only paying players can afford to have almost all the ORs at level 12.
    I hope the game is no longer viable and all your money turns into smoke. That day I will give for you.
    We should all row in one direction to stop EA abuses

I’m F2P. I don’t have either Revan. I laugh.

But I also don’t care.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    so....excuse my dumb Americaness...but I don't speak UTC.

12:01 UTC is 8:01 PM EST the day BEFORE, right?

So the event starts in 21.5 hours or so?
  • grey_poonda
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Huatimus wrote: »

I went in way undergeared for Chewbacca. No G12 but zBossk, rest between G8 & 11, "skill" and good ol sweet baby RNGeezus. Got him first day. I went in undergeared for DR. G12 Nasty Basty + Canderous no zeta, G7 Juhanni, G10 Carth. I got him first day. Ewoks I geared to G12 plus zetas way before for TW. Easy pickings. I'm fine with the "turrible" difficulty setting. Let me try my hand with RNG Gods instead of not having a shot because Juhanni is G8. Just got to let me work.. I can make the miracle happen.

edit: G9 HK oh and a special shout out to "Borrow a Hero: Jolee" I think since I got to borrow him for DR Journey. I should get to use mine for the DR dark side portion. I'll take off mods since that was how the borrowed Bindo was.

New petition to use Jolee Bindo for both portions... Who's coming with... come on. Yeah..
  • I dunno, sorry if this offensive or a rant, or maybe if I am just inpatient. But im starting to get reeaaally bored with this game at the moment.