Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• murchy_7
    70 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    when I read the first iteration of this I was OK about - will get to use "any of the four" meaning that maybe we could use just JKR, bastila and Jolee and then just DRevan, HK and badstila - but no it now has to be a full 5 character team composition
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Serious question. Does everyone complaining about how unfriendly this game is to F2P players actually play other games like this? There are honestly only 2 reasons I’ve continued to play this games 1) Star Wars 2) Its extremely F2P friendly. The value you get from spending money in this game is horrible. There’s not a huge pay gap.
  • I think this is the most triggered I've ever been in this game. Not only have they broken their promise to announce event requirements at least a week prior to the event start, but I have Darth Revan and didn't give a hoot about Jedi Knight Revan. I still have not farmed Jolee to get him and haven't planned to do so.

It's incredibly dissapointing that I'll never be able to get Darth Malak for my Sith Empire team unless I waste time and resources on heroes that I just don't care to have in my collection.
  • Could the company not have waited until the next Jedi knight Revan event at least? A little basic decency isn't too much to ask for is it?
  • Malak abilities :
    on them: and Shock _ _a lor 2 turns. . l.

FINAL TEXT : Deal damage to target enemy equal to 100% of their Max Health, and gain a stack of Dark Infusion until the end of battle, which can't be dispelled or prevented. Then, recover Health equal to the damage dealt. This ability cant be evaded and starts on cooldown.

Dark Infusion:+35% Offense per stack (max 3 stacks). At max stacks, these bonuses are doubled and basicac attacks inflict Healing immunity for 2 turns.

Unique 2 : Jaws of life : FINAL TEXT (ZETA) Darth Malak takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects, and at the ... of battle he loses all Protection and gains that much Max Health. Malak gains 35% Critical Avoidance, Health Steal, Tenacity, and Defense while he has bubled while he has less than 50% Health, and tripled while he has lesc Malak reaches each of these thresholds, he gains a bonus

The first ability seems ridiculously OP until you consider Nihilus' "Lol, you're dead" ability. Like Annihilate, this one starts on a cooldown. And unlike Annihilate, there are ways to mod around it (less health, more protection and defense).
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    I like these requirements. They are so incredibly high I don't feel the stress of trying to reach them and I doubt many will bother.
  • camp
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    the whole darth revan journey has him saying hes going after malak, which to me would mean that it would be the part 2 of the journey. now however we need both revans? jkr didnt have a malak tease. from a narrative standpoint im at a loss.

it was fun getting darth revan, and seeing malak at the end made me excited that maybe for once id be able to get a cool dominant team instead of getting whooped on by whales in arena. now i just feel like i wasted money, and have a big pit in my gut that i got the rug pulled out from under me. its good for everyone that has both revans and OR characters over 17500, theyll have a fun time and get a bonkers character out of it. for everyone like me who thought darth revan would lead to malak, well not so much.

i dont think ill be playing anymore, this is too much. i dont even want to get started on the bastilla/jkr buffs either. im just tired of getting punished for playing when everytime we get some kind of balance we get a surprise dropkick from cg.
    Post edited by camp on
  • Dagonsith wrote: »
    Could the company not have waited until the next Jedi knight Revan event at least? A little basic decency isn't too much to ask for is it?

The vast majority of the players who are finally getting JKR now (like myself) don't have Darth Revan yet and can't participate in this event anyway.
  • B0baf3tt wrote: »
    No kidding this is g11 with zeta or g12

It might vary. I have JKR at G10 I think with one zeta, and he's over the marker. How much power does a zeta add?
  • Got Darth Revan f2p (cg gave tons of time), got the new gear pieces with some of my crystal stock, farmed the rest (really bad drop rates), now will get malak free to play.

People say they are only giving us a 2 day notice but for cg...we all know that malak was coming at some time after the Darth Revan Event. It just happened faster and in a more surprisingly way than we expected.

Most of the required characters are actually good so if you prepared well it shouldn't be a problem. Getting them to 17500 might be the harder part anyway (considering you had revan for arena and then Darth Revan, you have more than half the characters ready already anyway)
  • Dagonsith wrote: »
    Could the company not have waited until the next Jedi knight Revan event at least? A little basic decency isn't too much to ask for is it?

The vast majority of the players who are finally getting JKR now (like myself) don't have Darth Revan yet and can't participate in this event anyway.

Or the other way round. Some people stopped farming for JKR after DR got revealed because he's new and shiny. So now some are having DR but no JKR. I didn't get DR this time but will get him on his next event, and I don't have JKR and won't get him anytime soon because I stopped my farm for him in order to get DR.
  • So if i have DR and no JKR will i be able to participate in at least some portions of the event? will this event have stages that dont unlock until you complete the previous one like the other legendary/journey events, or be more like credit heists if each stage required a different set of toons but you could still battle any stage.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • grey_poonda
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    This is the best FTP game I've played out of this, Marvel War of Heroes, Star Wars Force Collection. With those games you would have to get lucky in the (very)costly packs but the whales just bought the cards through Line or a website. Can't remember the name. Then you would need multiple of the cards leveled up and fused. Then a few more times to get the best stats. Then events would roll around with new cards getting bonuses for the events. The top guilds whaled for sure to stay at the top. Then people would go crazy to get those cards and most of them were not good when the event ended. Then they quickened the pace of events, more cards coming out, making that perfect "insert card you whaled out on" suck. I was in TNR "something" after they merged with "SH something" I can't remember. The smack talking, trading, hustling were some fun times.

edit: oh yeah you could "spar" within your guild endlessly. See how your new combination of cards fared on offense and defense.
  • So, will malak show up indefinitely in the guild store or will he only show up for a short period of time? Will he only show up for people that have unlocked him?
  • I don't really like the precedent this sets for future events. Less than 48 hours notice of the requirements for an event? The event only last 3 days? Every character has to meet a bright line gearing/GP requirement? Can't get more than a 5* unlock from just the event? That is 4 different things there that have never been done before with legendary-type events and spells trouble for where these events are headed in the future.
  • I think this is the most triggered I've ever been in this game. Not only have they broken their promise to announce event requirements at least a week prior to the event start, but I have Darth Revan and didn't give a hoot about Jedi Knight Revan. I still have not farmed Jolee to get him and haven't planned to do so.

It's incredibly dissapointing that I'll never be able to get Darth Malak for my Sith Empire team unless I waste time and resources on heroes that I just don't care to have in my collection.

Your last paragraph sums up how I feel about farming the veterans for JTR, or Ewoks for 3PO, or FB Luke and ST Han for CLS. And while I personally like the SW:Rebels characters, I've seen others voice similar opinions about the need to farm Phoenix for Thrawn.
  • giphy.gif
  • DarkArchon wrote: »
    So, will malak show up indefinitely in the guild store or will he only show up for a short period of time? Will he only show up for people that have unlocked him?

I don't know the answer to your first question, but I think he only shows up in the store after you unlock him.
  • I don’t understand the complaints that this is all about making max money. It doesn’t target immediate whale spending, because most whales will already have these characters geared or be close enough. It doesn’t entice F2P to try and become spenders, because many won’t be eligible because they didn’t get both Revans or plan/hoard so well that they are already within range anyway. It really only targets the light spenders IMO.

• This game makes too much money
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Can someone please translate 1201 UTC to est? I'm getting 801 PM on thurs. That right?
  • Will Malak require the new gear to level up? if so which piece and at what tier
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Broxxor wrote: »
    so....excuse my dumb Americaness...but I don't speak UTC.

12:01 UTC is 8:01 PM EST the day BEFORE, right?

So the event starts in 21.5 hours or so?

UTC is EST + 4 hours. It should be 8 am EST on the same day. You can google "12:01 UTC to EST" to check this.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    tjmcgamey wrote: »
    EA is the Cersei Lannister of game companies

I like Cersei though, hoping she wins.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Broxxor wrote: »
    so....excuse my dumb Americaness...but I don't speak UTC.

12:01 UTC is 8:01 PM EST the day BEFORE, right?

So the event starts in 21.5 hours or so?

UTC is EST + 4 hours. It should be 8 am EST on the same day. You can google "12:01 UTC to EST" to check this.

So Thursday at 8 PM then. So tomorrow at 8. Sweet :)
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I love OR toons out of the love for the series, so I geared all my OR toons whether they **** or not, so I'm definitely ready and I've been saving my GET for a few months since Carrie said they'll be adding toons there, so I should be able to push Malak to 7 star easily

Your banking on his shards costing the same as other toons :D
  • Totally agree with this from a poster.

"Secondly, with the introduction of Grand Arena and people scrutinising their opponent’s rosters, there are more reports of cheating and other “how’d this person achieve this legendary with this crap roster”. Well, now that they’re forcing this requirement, cheaters won’t be able to clear Events with Level 1, Gear 1 characters. CG clamps down on cheating, reduces complaints about cheaters and reduces the workload of their cheating investigators. Win, win and win."

They should have always used minimum power level. This does stuff those who keep playing for RNG but
    screws those who use android apk god mode mods. So much so they should consider using this approach in TW/GA ie if i have a 100K revan squad this is not going to be beaten by a 30K jawa squad (maybe a 80K squad lol) for instance. ( more thought required here ie i may send a suicide squad in with probe droid but you get the gist)
  • B0baf3tt wrote: »
    I would rather this event be unbeatable without G12 rather than unplayable without G12

I just don't wanna be screaming at my phone like the Chewbacca event.
  • @CG_SBCrumb will there be full zetas available for purchase?
  • MoleoJuskur
    3 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Will the event recur?