Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• Devian
    669 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We wanted to start by congratulating our esteemed puzzle solvers on the first half of the clue, which resulted in the below image. While they’re still working on the second half of the puzzle, which will reveal more about Darth Malak, we want to share with you the requirements for the event.

dev3kiy.png

Whether they solve it or not (but we’re guessing they will inside the next couple of hours), the Star Forge Showdown begins this Friday (4/12) with two phases which can be completed in whatever order you choose. This is a completely new event type and will be more complicated and difficult than any event we’ve run before.

In the first battle, you’ll face Darth Malak using Jedi Knight Revan and any four of the characters needed unlock Jedi Knight Revan (Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, T3-M4, Mission and Zaalbar). The second battle will require Darth Revan with any four of the characters that unlocked Darth Revan, Canderous Ordo, Carth Onasi, Juhani, HK-47 and Bastila Shan (Fallen). Darth Malak shards will appear in the Guild Event Store when you unlock Darth Malak at Five Stars.

To reiterate, this will be an extremely difficult battle and for the first time in an event, you’ll need each of your characters to be at least at 17,500 Power to enter. You’ll also only have a limited time to complete this achievement and earn Darth Malak. The event will start Friday 4/12 12:01AM (UTC) and run through Sunday 4/14 11:59PM (UTC).

Well, Thnx Guys!

Devian wrote: »
    quite simple, really
    For 5* DM you need JKR-Karth Onasi-Juhani-Jolee Bindo-Bastila
    For 6* and 7* you need DR-Canderous Ordo-T3M4-Fallen Bastila-Hk-47

This could be funny Legendary ending both events
    Though the part with event store is unnecessary =D
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    An event for old player which is more more more easy for them to unlock all new characters....
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    SamoBudo wrote: »
    Totally agree with this from a poster.

"Secondly, with the introduction of Grand Arena and people scrutinising their opponent’s rosters, there are more reports of cheating and other “how’d this person achieve this legendary with this crap roster”. Well, now that they’re forcing this requirement, cheaters won’t be able to clear Events with Level 1, Gear 1 characters. CG clamps down on cheating, reduces complaints about cheaters and reduces the workload of their cheating investigators. Win, win and win."

They should have always used minimum power level. This does stuff those who keep playing for RNG but
    screws those who use android apk god mode mods. So much so they should consider using this approach in TW/GA ie if i have a 100K revan squad this is not going to be beaten by a 30K jawa squad (maybe a 80K squad lol) for instance. ( more thought required here ie i may send a suicide squad in with probe droid but you get the gist)
    Not wise. You can't really parse by team comp, just the number. And there are some substantial power disparities that can prevail. Farmboy/Nest is a 20k team that can legitimately beat a lot of 80+k teams. Zylo and Zaul can solo some 60k teams fair and square. Which are all valid tactics. Plus, we have quests that require winning with a member down, deflating your GP for those.
    Still not a he.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Devs this is the worst thing you have ever done to this game.

A part of me want to delete the game so much now..
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Well, first time I am happy I didn’t get DRevan as I became ftp after Revanue, so need not bother for Malak. Lol.
  • I imagine quite clearly how meetings go at CG:
    Random CG guy 1: We're losing lots of players due to our greedy paywalls, what should we do?
    Random CG guy 2: Try and make it better for everyone?
    Random CG guy 3: Nope, let's nerf the farm and add more **** and greedy paywalls to make everyone except the whales leave !!!
    Everyone in the room: THAT'S IT !!!!

Way to go CG, do you want to kill your game? 'cause that's how you kill a game....
  • @CG_Leviathan @CG_SBCrumb Could you please save me from an upcoming heart attack and officially confirm that this is going to be a "reoccuring event" and no "one time achievement"? That's my only worry due to the wording in the original post. :#
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    Haha i didn't think they can come up with something more greedy than first JKR event. Until now. G12 toons without g12,5 pieces and zetas is about 17k. Requirements for JKR unlock were minimal, so lot of people have some characters not developed. This is hilarious B) I didn't expect such a thing even from CG.
  • I have spend thousands of dollars for this game in the past year. I have my JKR and DR maxed out. This new type of event is so much money grabbing (more than any other event before), it almost feels like blackmailing. To announce event just 2 days before it get released and add 2 full teams from legendary events as requirement, also required to be G12+ and on top of that the event will be only 2 days and not 7 days.... This is absolutely ridiculous and outrageous.

Lets see what it will cost us to be able to play this event:
    Requirements - 17500 Toon GP.
    Probably everyone using JKR and DR teams will have Jedi Knight Revan, Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, Darth Revan, HK-47 and Bastila Shan (Fallen) geared, so the only one left are:

We need to choose only 2 out of these 3.
    T3-M4 - G12 and all omegas (no zeta) = 17715 GP
    Mission Vao - G12 + 1 piece and all omegas (no zeta) = 17508 GP
    Zaalbar - G12 + 1 piece and all omegas (no zeta) = 17580 GP

We need to choose only 2 out of these 3.
    Canderous Ordo - G12 + 1 piece and all omegas (no zeta) = 17533 GP
    Carth Onasi - G12 + 1 piece and all omegas (no zeta) = 17508 GP
    Juhani - G12 and all omegas (no zeta) = 17487 GP most likely you need to put 1 piece G12+

Probably most of the people have already spend all of they gear to make DR Sith Empire team at G12+.
    So if you want to gear 4 of these (probably T3-M4, Mission Vao, Carth Onasi and Juhani) you will need to buy minimum 6-7 Vault of Crystals just to be able to refresh the shops and buy every piece of gear needed in the next 3 days.

So in the conclusion what i am going to do:
    1. Skip this absolutely pay to win event.
    2. Wait to see how strong is Malak.
    3. If my DR team get crushed by DR team + Malak = Uninstall this game for good and no more money from me to EA/CG!!!

PS: Sorry but i was always supporting you CG, but this time i really think that you guys and girls hit the bottom with this event and it is a shame....
  • Alright. Im not annoyed anymore. Much.

But hey, can you at least tell us if this is coming out again sometime? In the far future?
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Devian
    669 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Guys, if you played JKR, you only need Mission and Zaalbaar(t3?) Coz jkr team includes Jolee and Bassy, if you play with DR team you need to gear up Cancerous, coz it's pretty hard to manage DR event without zeta on Carth. And again dbaassy and HK are part of new meta

I would appreciate 1w warning but requirements are not worser then for jkr
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    MistaLeahy wrote: »
    p7ww3ubwhu35.png
    post of half kit on reddit

Doesn't seem OP AF at all ... maybe it's not the real deal ... looks more like a screenshot of a forum post than anything...

But let's try to decipher the text..

An attack
    - Dispel all buffs
    - Shock and additional effect.

Another attack
    - DMG = 100% HP of enemy, and health recovery equal to damage dealt.
    - Gain unique buff/debuff 35% offence pr. stack. Max 3 stacks. When hitting 3 stacks buff is double, and you end up with 210% offence..

A unique
    - Something, something, taunt.

Another unique
    - Reduced dmg. from %health attacks.
    - Protection turns to HP on start of battle.
    - Takes bonus turn when reaching certain HP thresholds (75%, 50% and 25% maybe?).
    - Gains 35% hp steal, tenacity, defense and crit avoidance x 1, 2 and 3 at same thresholds.

.... so bascially, the unholy fusion of Sion, Nihilus and KRU ...
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    I’m just here for the fire.

Prepare to get burned, people here are ticked.

for every 3 ticked players, there will be one spending to get Malek. CG like those odds.
  • So Darth Revan was another paywall, albeit this one with harder difficulty so far less people got him this time around. Ok, cool. Either people just didn’t bite because it wasn’t worth it or couldn’t make it. Typical if you ask me.

This though?? Requiring two ancient journey toons to unlock another room at 5*? With minimum powers of 17,500 for each toon? CG just wondering when are you planning to not make awful announcements that push even more of your player base to quit? If you guys have given up on the game then just come out and say it. This is easily the lamest move you guys have made in a LONG time.
  • After the new gear bits added to D.Revan (adding a new gear paywall), this was the straw that broke the camels back.

This is the motivation I've needed to go 100% F2P & no longer care about high end competitive progress within the game.

17500 fixed requirement for an event is so unbelievably toxic it's unreal, it's adding YET another layer of paywall onto events - on-top of the fact we all know Malak is going to need about 5+ of those new items with the poor drop rates.

But not only that, we have the 2 day notification & running for less than a week.

This is by far the worst move of CG since I started playing last year, I can't spent a single dollar more for this game as I simply shudder at the thought of what changes are coming in the future.

Coming soon in SWGOH

- Ability materials paywall (IOTA ability materials - 500 crystals each - 25 required)
    - L70 with new training droids required to level past 65 - 50 crystals each - 100 required per level)
    - G13 here! - all parts behind a paywall AKIN to the new D.Revan gear - but wait, all new items require L70 to equip!

I suggest as a community we start downvoting SWGOH in the playstore, lets see if we can get it to 1 star rating.
  • First of all, sry for my poor english.
    For me, we just paid for devs incompentence. They can't release fast DR cuz they are "working" on GG and lot of other stupid thing. Now it's time for do cash so just let go with a difficult event with a min requirement GP. I totally agree with difficulty of event but this requirement is just a paywall for player especially when event start in 2 day.
    Just want to ask to dev: Aren't you bored to take a shitstorm in face at every news? Maybe it's time to start to think about your actions.
    Community want new content but not new paywall content. I know you are a company but you just disgust player with this.
    I'm playing this game since 2.5 years and put a lot of money in this game but now, it's enough and i start to think about stop this game cuz there is 0 respect from devs and they just want to do money.
    I'm pretty sure no one of them will reply to this cuz they are to busy to prepare another think to do for destroy this game.
    Thank CG, you have a beautiful game and your venality destroy him and player.
  • ENERGYSS wrote: »
    3. If my DR team get crushed by DR team + Malak = Uninstall this game for good and no more money from me to EA/CG!!!

If you think your DR team won't get crushed by a DR team with Malak, you are more than naive than I would expect from the rest of your post.

Of course you will be crushed... :(

• Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Just had 3 big time guild members quit today over this garbage...
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    And CG wonders why people quit this game.
    I bet this character is going to be the key to dominating the meta to the exclusion of every other team, completely invalidating the other post they made.
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    ENERGYSS wrote: »

If you think your DR team won't get crushed by a DR team with Malak, you are more than naive than I would expect from the rest of your post.

Of course you will be crushed... :(

My hope is Thrawn to save me or something else.
  • ... and in the same day we get a Road ahead post!? :D
    This is ridiculous.
    Which road ahead? The game is quickly running towards the end.... why a new player should start?
    I play from start, > 4 M GP, and I clearly know I'm always months back...
  • Jouh
    64 posts Member
    Like all EA games, the devs are doing a great job to encourage its base to quit.
  • Someone find the first person who asked for Revan. Throw them in the PIT!

This is the best post I found in the last months!
    Seriously..... Revan is something like a false messiah.... and this massive 1000 characters kotor release is the end for the game.
    Star Wars actually IS the films we all loved for decades.
    Revan does not exist. Kotor does not exist.
    Please change the name of this game and put honest requirements to join the events, like "pay 1000 dollars to enter".
    :/
  • Maybe g11 one won't be so overpowered, maybe.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    This is the best post I found in the last months!
    Seriously..... Revan is something like a false messiah.... and this massive 1000 characters kotor release is the end for the game.
    Star Wars actually IS the films we all loved for decades.
    Revan does not exist. Kotor does not exist.
    Please change the name of this game and put honest requirements to join the events, like "pay 1000 dollars to enter".
    :/
    I consistently get all the content I please without cash, through patience.

There are no paywalls if you wait. The event will come again. Build for it.

And Star Wars is more than the movies. It is a sprawling multimedia franchise. Nobody takes in every part of the Star Wars universe. That doesn't make the parts of the Star Wars universe that you, personally, haven't partaken of invalid.
    Still not a he.
  • Worst piece of crap I have ever seen. Palpatine will not be any part of the meta after malak and those stupid bastila buffs come. Why are you so desperate for so much money? Anthem must be doing very badly.
  • @CG_Leviathan @CG_SBCrumb I Hope the guild event store currency thing is a joke. Most whales/krakens have been farming G12.5 pieces using that. I have a 5.5m GP account and have spent 10’s of 000’s. If I have to slow play getting Malak with no way to purchase remaining shards other than with GET then I’ll be quitting and I won’t be the only one either.
  • CG: Thank you for posting the news in an understandable format too. Puzzles are ok, but after a few hours (or a day), we should get a post for the wider audience, just lioe you did.
    Thank you.
  • I love this game; however, I have seen a drop off among players lately. I wonder if the revenue is starting to slow down for CG and thus, the cash grab with this event. I'm what most would consider a dolphin. I spend money occasionally (spent money recently to get Darth Revan) to support the devs, and keep the game I love going. If this event took place NEXT Friday instead of this one I would probably pay to gear up the necessary toons. However, I refuse to reward this predatory tactic with my business. It's hard to stomach.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    There are no paywalls if you wait. The event will come again. Build for it.
    Unfortunately paywall = timewall. And for many it is not fun to use "worn out" character. Also considering that the next time this character may be not so great.