Please learn to spell

Drazhar
784 posts Member
edited April 2019
This is not even a real post, just a request: could you all please learn to spell "Malak" correctly? At least the ones that are going to mosasaurus him. Rami Malek is an actor, not a Sith Lord.

Thanks.

Replies

• You don't that, maybe hes better at hiding his Sith Lordiness than Sidious.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Omnitopus wrote: »
    You don't that, maybe hes better at hiding his Sith Lordiness than Sidious.

Lol I was waiting for this answer.
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    This is not even a real post, just a request: could you all please learn to spell "Malak" correctly? At least the ones that are going to mosasaurus him. Rami Malek is an actor, not a Sith Lord.

Thanks.

Darth Mercury. The most fabulous Sith Lord of all.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Malek.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • With all of the Malik news this is what you choose to focus on? Not that the Malyk event lasts 2 days or that the Malok event requires TWO REVANS. But no the spelling of Malæk is what is important.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    They are both sith Lords in my heart.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Drazhar wrote: »
    This is not even a real post, just a request: could you all please learn to spell "Malak" correctly?
    Eh. Who cares about Darth Scrublord.
    At least the ones that are going to mosasaurus him.
    What?
    Rami Malek is an actor, not a Sith Lord.
    Who?
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    This is not even a real post, just a request: could you all please learn to spell "Malak" correctly?
    What?
    Who?

Hes in Mr robot
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    With all of the Malik news this is what you choose to focus on? Not that the Malyk event lasts 2 days or that the Malok event requires TWO REVANS. But no the spelling of Malæk is what is important.

Well, I think that topic is being literally gutted quite enough. I would add my disappointment and toxicity to the train (and I even did to a lesser extent), but I don't think it is necessary or even useful. CG/EA are getting absolutely waterboarded quite since the first Revan came out, but we can arguably say that this started to happen since the first real big paywall, which was JTR. So yes, I will just ask you all to learn to spell a name properly. See, it's not even a criticism. It's somehow even a favour, so you can hide the fact that you don't even know what KOTOR is (not necessarily referring to you in particular though, obviously).
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    What?
    Who?

Mosasaurus is the next level of whaling. The mosasaurus was a very big aquatic dinosaur, but not so huge as those garbage movies want you to think. Something like 15-17 meters. Oh, and obviously: it's not really a next tier, because blue whales are way bigger than any aquatic dinosaur we know so far, but it can work.

Maybe the megalodon would be better with its 18 meters, but it wouldn't still be bigger than a blue whale. We should go with the Amphicoelias, but its lenght (and its very existence) is still theoretical: the guy would have been something between 40 and 60 meters in length, making it the biggest creature ever walking our Earth. Nevertheless, I don't think that "Amphicoeliasing a character" would be handy to use, so I'd go for our monstrous water lizard.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    What?
    Who?

Mosasaurus is the next level of whaling. The mosasaurus was a very big aquatic dinosaur, but not so huge as those garbage movies want you to think. Something like 15-17 meters. Oh, and obviously: it's not really a next tier, because blue whales are way bigger than any aquatic dinosaur we know so far, but it can work.

Maybe the megalodon would be better with its 18 meters, but it wouldn't still be bigger than a blue whale. We should go with the Amphicoelias, but its lenght (and its very existence) is still theoretical: the guy would have been something between 40 and 60 meters in length, making it the biggest creature ever walking our Earth. Nevertheless, I don't think that "Amphicoeliasing a character" would be handy to use, so I'd go for our monstrous water lizard.

So what does a mosasaurus have to do with Darth Mollusk?
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    What?
    Who?

Well, we all agree that this is a whole new level of whaling. You need to get two whales (the two Revans) and put them together to form a new huge whale, without mentioning the power restrictions, which are laughable means to force you to spend to say the least. So, yeah, I think we need a new term for this. "Whaling" is reductive.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Here, hear.

... wait a minute ...
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Next level up
    What?
    Who?

Next level up from Whale is Kraken.

2yc8ss.jpg
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    What?
    Who?

Well, we all agree that this is a whole new level of whaling. You need to get two whales (the two Revans) and put them together to form a new huge whale, without mentioning the power restrictions, which are laughable means to force you to spend to say the least. So, yeah, I think we need a new term for this. "Whaling" is reductive.

I thought the term for this was Kracken?
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Next level up
    What?
    Who?

2yc8ss.jpg

Well, yes, the Kraken is someone who whaled out a lot. But it is a quantitative thing. I call Kraken someone that systematically whales absolutely everything, even things they could get for free in more time and that are already free. And also someone who has been whaling since day one of the game. No, this is something bigger all at once. I think we need something more.
    What?
    Who?

How is this "two whales"?

I thought one of the biggest complaints in the forums just a few weeks ago was that everyone got JKR the second time around and it made the meta stale?
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    What?
    Who?

I thought one of the biggest complaints in the forums just a few weeks ago was that everyone got JKR the second time around and it made the meta stale?

Been a whale once, always a whale. And yes, that is true, but I think that nobody was willing to receive such a treatment to fix that.
  • Malek irks me less than the many names of General Grievous. Greivous, Grevious etc.
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    What?
    Who?

Been a whale once, always a whale. And yes, that is true, but I think that nobody was willing to receive such a treatment to fix that.

This response makes no sense and in that way it's consistent with the rest of the thread.

I'm going to walk away and pretend this thread never existed.
  • This post literally made my eyes roll out of my head.
  • We're learning how to properly use words while learning how to spell at the same time! Take that, video game naysayers!
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Next level up
    What?
    Who?

2yc8ss.jpg

So we are getting Captain Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl?!?!
  • chron
    89 posts Member
    That's a weird way to spell "Malice", but mmmkuy.