Kit Reveal: Darth Malak

Replies

• Emguy wrote: »
    Healing immunity would absolutely destroy him, as would another Malak since his protection gets added to his health, making him really vulnerable to his own drain life

but he takes reduced damage from percents
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    The question is will you even be able to land heal immunity on him. At less than 50% health, he is going to have an additional 70% tenactity and 105% at less than 25%. Not to mention he gets to take a turn when he hits those markers.
  • Does the cool down reset thing mean it resets to 0 or 4?

Reset means 0. So the ability is instantly available to him again.
  • Does massive damage in p3 sith raid...nerf confirmed
  • @CG_SBCrumb -- does drain life count as a "percent health damage effect"? I.e., does drain life automatically kill an opposing Malak or will he take reduced damage from it?

The ability says "Deal damage to target enemy equal to 100% of their Max Health" - so I assume that means that the "takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects" will apply. It's probably the main reason he has the damage reduction.
  • Wow this kit is beyond lazy, so its basically a Sion/Nihilus fusion that also nerfs Chewy and expose and stops Vader. It's going to be an exciting next 6 months watching this lineup steamroll everything in sight.

He could literally solo teams if he doesnt take percent damage, has stacking tenacity, has high crit avoidance , and you cant reduce his tm in most cases either, and has an insta-kill ability he can use repeatedly.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Malak: I'm OP AF
    Anyone: *healing immunity
    Malak:
    mo21b0pyltog.jpg
  • They talk of their 5year plan an the longevity of this game but then continue spit in ppls face. Lets drop a legendary character an if u didnt whale out to get the last legendary char couple weeks ago then u cant have this one either. Only the ppl tht was willing to give us their money to get drevan will be allowed to get this char so not only now are u missing out on the fun of drevan u now have to suffer 2x an miss out on the fun of this legendary char also. I as a player was upset tht I missed out on drevan but thought to myself well atleast i can go for malek only to find out nope ur not getting him either. As a day 1 player almost 4.5m gp player i find this constant pwr creep an ever more harder paywalls very disconcerting on where this game is goin an for the first time in over 3yrs i have had thoughts of walking away. Such a sad day. I have no probs with the panic farm system my prob is the release of a 2nd op char basically 2 weeks after the last legendary an make tht last legendary a requirement. Like drevan needed any help to be meta. So instead of everyone atleast havin sum sorta chance to require this char only a small percentage of true whales will get a chance at him.
  • Nihilus on steroids! :smiley: I like him! It's a shame that I won't get him soon...
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to improve the IQ of some whales that can't win even after spending to avoid giving them such means of ubeatability and risking to ruin such an awesome game. Oh well, top 10, see you when this becomes f2p, if this becomes f2p.

I can taste the salt from here. :D

I can spot low IQ whales just by the answers to such taunt :D
  • TAureliusC wrote: »
    Is drain life an auto kill?! It said deals damage equal to 100% of max health, but does it bypass protection? In theory you can bulk up on protection and it might not be an auto kill, assuming your combined health and protection is high enough to absorb the attack.

It would say if it bypassed protection. That attack would probably be hilarious against nest
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    "[...]enemies who inflicted Damage Over Time on Darth Malak or critically hit him this turn are inflicted with Fear for 1 turn, which can't be resisted or evaded."

Broken.

Yeah, his kit would actually be somewhat Not-broken if that skill didn't exist. But this one is just ridiculous. They should make it resistible at least. Fear is already broken enough as you miss your whole turn and can't use any skills, but now you will probably have fear 24/7...
  • @CG_Carrie to clarify unique 1 of malak if he is under a Darth nihilus lead does he double dip his protection? As in dn lead converts all protection into health and then would malaks unique which does the same thing also work? Or does one get negated?
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    This is a tank you save for last who then kills your entire team by himself.
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I wish there was a way to improve the IQ of some whales that can't win even after spending to avoid giving them such means of ubeatability and risking to ruin such an awesome game. Oh well, top 10, see you when this becomes f2p, if this becomes f2p.

I haven't spent a penny on the game - I'll be ready for Malak ;)

But if the whales have low IQ but have money to spend, then long live stupid people! :D They keep the game free for the rest of us!
  • Boser
    18 posts Member
    Emguy wrote: »
    Healing immunity would absolutely destroy him, as would another Malak since his protection gets added to his health, making him really vulnerable to his own drain life

He takes reduced damage from % of health
  • Domsen
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    [delete pls]
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Is drain life an auto kill?! It said deals damage equal to 100% of max health, but does it bypass protection? In theory you can bulk up on protection and it might not be an auto kill, assuming your combined health and protection is high enough to absorb the attack.

It's just "normal" dmg scaled on your opponents max health. Let's say you're attacking a Bast with ~47000 health and ~50000 protection and she's full on both. Your Malak will deal ~47000 dmg to her and soak up nearly all the protection.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Drageero
    151 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Legend91 wrote: »
    "[...]enemies who inflicted Damage Over Time on Darth Malak or critically hit him this turn are inflicted with Fear for 1 turn, which can't be resisted or evaded."

Broken.

It'll be tough to score a critical hit on him since he gains 35% crit avoidance at certain health thresholds.
    While he's over 75% health it'll be pretty annoying, but once he gets to 50%, you don't really have to worry about it, unless you're running Grievous lead, then it might still be a problem.

The DoT part isn't cool, though.
  • How is his special drain gonna interact with bosses?it isnt 100k dmg like nihulus but also isn’t a one shot.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Drain life is cool, not OP at all when you have GMY doing 40-50 k damage going 3 times for every 1 of any other character...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Does the cool down reset thing mean it resets to 0 or 4?

I'd like to hear that from a dev. Most abilities start the match available to use. They become reusable when they reset.

His ability starts on cool down. I could see the cool down going back to 4 when he is damaged as a way to prevent him from just soloing every team he faces.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Drageero wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

Broken.

It'll be tough to score a critical hit on him since he gains 35% crit avoidance at certain health thresholds. The DoT part isn't cool, though.

DR vs DR is prolly gonna be a clown fiesta anyway. The main focus right now is JKR vs DR I guess and in that matchup it's fairly easy (and even neccessary) for the Jedis to crit (+CC from JKR lead and +CC up buff from Bast) and the 35% CA won't be enough to stop them from critting at the start of the battle (the most important phase of the battle, the longer the match lasts the more likely the Jedi are to lose).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Am I the only one who sees him weak?
    Sure, he's a good tank, but he doesnt have pre taunt, he can be fractured, he can get heal immunity, he can be annhilated, he can be tm drained, he can be isolated, and honestly, GMY can 2-3 hit him.
    All he has on the pro side is a couple of big hits, good defense, and frequent but not constant taunts.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member

But if the whales have low IQ but have money to spend, then long live stupid people! :D They keep the game free for the rest of us!

That's true only at a limited extent. When whales spend too much, they create a cap. And when this cap isn't reached, like it happned with Darth Revan, they're forced to make things like this to catch up with EA's requests.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

That's true only at a limited extent. When whales spend too much, they create a cap. And when this cap isn't reached, like it happned with Darth Revan, they're forced to make things like this to catch up with EA's requests.

... and? The krakens will still pay, get that 5-6 month advantage, and the game will continue.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Am I the only one who sees him weak?
    Sure, he's a good tank, but he doesnt have pre taunt, he can be fractured, he can get heal immunity, he can be annhilated, he can be tm drained, he can be isolated, and honestly, GMY can 2-3 hit him.
    All he has on the pro side is a couple of big hits, good defense, and frequent but not constant taunts.

What gets me is handing out fear like candy. No crits renders FO, Rebels, and many other teams useless. I might have to start running LNihilus again.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

... and? The krakens will still pay, get that 5-6 month advantage, and the game will continue.

The error is exactly "the game will continue". It's a chain that tends to break sooner or later and I don't want this to happen. Don't mistake me, I'm not complaining because the ones who pay win. That's normal, it happens in every p2w like this. The problem is when this ceases to be a loop and becomes a spiral.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Does the cool down reset thing mean it resets to 0 or 4?

Considering his ability starts on Cooldown, would it not reset to 4?