Kit Reveal: Darth Malak

Replies

• DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    No leader ability: Makes sense. Since you need Darth Revan to get him, the idea is that DR defeated him, and Malak now knows his place.

That said, agree with above: If there were a way to whale out a bit and get him, I probably would. Too bad CG decided not to give me that option.
  • DocDoom wrote: »
    If there were a way to whale out a bit and get him, I probably would. Too bad CG decided not to give me that option.

This cannot be said enough
  • SkillKing
    26 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Deleted

• DocDoom wrote: »
    No leader ability: Makes sense. Since you need Darth Revan to get him, the idea is that DR defeated him, and Malak now knows his place.

That said, agree with above: If there were a way to whale out a bit and get him, I probably would. Too bad CG decided not to give me that option.

I’ve never been a big spender...a $10 marquee pack here and there for characters I like. I lucked (really foresaw + planned) into DRevan, and now would totally at least consider some non-obscene amount of spending to get Malak... but it looks like there won’t be an opportunity for that...
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Does the cool down reset thing mean it resets to 0 or 4?

Reset means 0. So the ability is instantly available to him again.

Considering his ability starts on Cooldown, would it not reset to 4?

No when he falls under a certain health it is set to 0 and he can use it next turn
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Dagonsith wrote: »
    DocDoom wrote: »
    If there were a way to whale out a bit and get him, I probably would. Too bad CG decided not to give me that option.

Why do you say that? You can buy gear. Should be an easy pick for whales.
  • As always event for p2w gamers, this game is over thanks to the new policy of Cg, I hope you'll remain without players
  • Dagonsith wrote: »
    DocDoom wrote: »

Why do you say that? You can buy gear. Should be an easy pick for whales.

And also for f2p people.who place high in arena and geared up their rosters in a more focussed way.
  • I do not like this, the unique abilities and Drain Life are all unnecessarily over the top, I mean really, inflicting an unavoidable and irresistible fear for critical hits or for some odd reason, of all things it could have been, inflicting damage over time effects on him. The second unique ability is just as, if not even more ridiculous, 35 to a maximum of 105% Offense, defense, and critical avoidance all at once then a bonus turn the first time each a quarter of his health is taken down that also resets the cool down of an ability that does 100% of the target’s max health in damage. This is just way too over the top for one single character, and completely stops a lot of teams dead in their tracks.
  • TBH...this is the worst kit reveal yet. It's just a series of clones of a handful of other OP character abilities and feels like a betrayal of the actual character it's based on IMO.
  • Noxhaven wrote: »
    Yes its only 100% of the characters health and he dont hit trough protection.. and 100% of the character health is a percent based attack.

If you got 30k hp and 100k protection on your tank and Malak use his Drain Life on him - its just like Emguy said - your tank will now have 30k health and 70k protection.
    It just do the same amount of damage as the target got health. Darth Revan Aoe attacks for 40k damage.. And you guys try to compare this to Nihilus Annihilate :joy:

It’s definitely not annihilate. But is it impacted by defense? Can it crit? Is it impacted by offense up/down or dark infusion? If 100% Health is just the base damage and all the modifiers get piled on top it could be extremely nasty.
  • I think people freak out unnecessarily about his Drain Life ability. A it doesn't ignore protection, B it doesn't ignore resistances and C it's not a guaranteed kill based on points A and B. And it doesn't prevent revives. This skill is indeed survivable and controllable.
  • The animation for "drain life" may be the best in the game. Fantastic work.

However the "Torture" animation looks like an early draft that made it past QA. In addition to being a bit lackluster, it doesnt appear to be synced up regarding effect components, its also poorly aligned with character models.

Maybe a quick revision can be done?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    I think people freak out unnecessarily about his Drain Life ability. A it doesn't ignore protection, B it doesn't ignore resistances and C it's not a guaranteed kill based on points A and B. And it doesn't prevent revives. This skill is indeed survivable and controllable.

It still does 100% max health damage (so a lot), and he is guaranteed to use it multiple times. So there’s that.
  • Am I the only one who sees him weak?
    Sure, he's a good tank, but he doesnt have pre taunt, he can be fractured, he can get heal immunity, he can be annhilated, he can be tm drained, he can be isolated, and honestly, GMY can 2-3 hit him.
    All he has on the pro side is a couple of big hits, good defense, and frequent but not constant taunts.

He can't be TM drained while debuffed and it's worth noting that you won't be able to debuff (including fracture/isolate) him if you have Corrupted Battle Meditation. Plus he has bonus tenacity.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    just a little bit OP =)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    FrankBuio wrote: »
    As always event for p2w gamers, this game is over thanks to the new policy of Cg, I hope you'll remain without players

I hope you’ll quit so that you’re negativity can be spread elsewhere.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Can we get rid of bonus turn? JKR cleanses and takes a bonus turn and its a hack, Yoda’s bonus turn is painful to watch on receiving end

Malak can take a bonus turn with Ability Block and stun immunity and it’s one of the worst mechanics since it triggers on a toon that is dying. It throws strategy out of the game. You craft a team or a tactic to lock out a toon but NOPE jumps to 100% TM and then uses its most broken move

Food for thought, I have no issues beating these toons / own them all but It just takes strategy out of turn based game
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Not sure to understand it right.. 3 stacks of dark infusion give 2 x (+35% +35% +35%) = +210% offense?

"At max stacks, these bonuses are doubled"
    Yes, it's gonna be +210% offense.

Sweet baby jeebus in a tuxedo T-shirt. That plus ferocity stacks...hoo boy.

I have a q. Do offence bonuses like this take into account just base offence or offence at the start of battle (ie including mods and any relevant leaderships/uniques)?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Theyll remember malak!?
    Theyll remember Malak!!?

Theyll remember his PAYWALL!
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to improve the IQ of some whales that can't win even after spending to avoid giving them such means of ubeatability and risking to ruin such an awesome game. Oh well, top 10, see you when this becomes f2p, if this becomes f2p.

I can taste the salt from here. :D

Salt?! My foot.
    Hes amazing!
  • All insanity and rage aside, he looks awesome.
    His basic looks akward actually.

• According to the calculations of everybodies poor wallets and cash in the devs bank, how many people do you think will have this, this, money stain on my windsheild.

Clean it off!
  • How will jaws of life work into grand arena/territory wars when he may start with health below one or more of these thresholds?
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Am I the only one who sees him weak?
    Sure, he's a good tank, but he doesnt have pre taunt, he can be fractured, he can get heal immunity, he can be annhilated, he can be tm drained, he can be isolated, and honestly, GMY can 2-3 hit him.
    All he has on the pro side is a couple of big hits, good defense, and frequent but not constant taunts.

What gets me is handing out fear like candy. No crits renders FO, Rebels, and many other teams useless. I might have to start running LNihilus again.

I was thinking Nihilus lead would make all his Sith allies into sitting ducks since all protection is converted into health. Life Drain = Annihilate in this case for sure.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    How will jaws of life work into grand arena/territory wars when he may start with health below one or more of these thresholds?

He gets the increased bonuses as long as he is under the specific health % but doesn't take bonus turns as it says:
    "The first time Darth Malak reaches each of these thresholds[...]"
    However, after he falls under one of the % thresholds again in a new battle, they should be reset, just like JKR's savior.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Am I the only one who sees him weak?

What gets me is handing out fear like candy. No crits renders FO, Rebels, and many other teams useless. I might have to start running LNihilus again.

I was thinking Nihilus lead would make all his Sith allies into sitting ducks since all protection is converted into health. Life Drain = Annihilate in this case for sure.

That would happen, but at least they could hit Malak without risk of fear. I think they realized that.
  • So, drain life is pretty much an instant kill with cooldown. Trend with sith i guess
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    How will jaws of life work into grand arena/territory wars when he may start with health below one or more of these thresholds?

He gets the increased bonuses as long as he is under the specific health % but doesn't take bonus turns as it says:
    "The first time Darth Malak reaches each of these thresholds[...]"
    However, after he falls under one of the % thresholds again in a new battle, they should be reset, just like JKR's savior.

That usually applies to a specific battle. For example, Revan will trigger savior each battle of he keeps picking up wins on defense. I’d hope it doesn’t trigger at the start of a match, but I don’t think we can assume that.