Kit Reveal: Darth Malak

Replies

  • The only thing im practically seeing thats annoying here is his hard to kill at low health thing and his annihlate, but other than that thats prettmuch it. It would be better if his tourture was unevadable,

    Tourture is what im feeling right now.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »
    So, drain life is pretty much an instant kill with cooldown. Trend with sith i guess

    Not at all, lots of people misunderstanding this ability. It does 100% of health. So a char with 40k health and 80k protection will take 40k damage. Leaving them with full hp and 40k protection left - hardly an annihilate, closer to yodas basic hah.

    The power of life drain isn't a instakil or crazy damage, its the fact he gains that health for himself and is reset when he's being focused down.
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »
    The only thing im practically seeing thats annoying here is his hard to kill at low health thing and his annihlate, but other than that thats prettmuch it. It would be better if his tourture was unevadable,

    Tourture is what im feeling right now.

    Don’t forget under DR he will dispel foresight at the start of his turn.
  • Gorem
    1152 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to improve the IQ of some whales that can't win even after spending to avoid giving them such means of ubeatability and risking to ruin such an awesome game. Oh well, top 10, see you when this becomes f2p, if this becomes f2p.

    I can taste the salt from here. :D

    I can spot low IQ whales just by the answers to such taunt :D

    I haven't spent a penny on the game - I'll be ready for Malak ;)

    But if the whales have low IQ but have money to spend, then long live stupid people! :D They keep the game free for the rest of us!

    That's true only at a limited extent. When whales spend too much, they create a cap. And when this cap isn't reached, like it happned with Darth Revan, they're forced to make things like this to catch up with EA's requests.

    ... and? The krakens will still pay, get that 5-6 month advantage, and the game will continue.

    Actually, the krakens don't pay anymore. Its one of the reasons we keep getting things to drain crystals, real whales already have enough crystals to never need to spend a dime anymore.

    This game really only makes money from dolphins now. Sure there is a few who spend a lot, but those people are few because to spend a lot and not win, is to spend really badly and show you are bad at games.

    There is a reason this game made 12mil last year this time, but now only six mil today.

    Anyway, Malak is not as broken as I expected, JKR will still ignore his taunt even when he has it up.

    And there will be many things that work against Malak.

    Surprised he is this weak.
  • Nihion
    2068 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to improve the IQ of some whales that can't win even after spending to avoid giving them such means of ubeatability and risking to ruin such an awesome game. Oh well, top 10, see you when this becomes f2p, if this becomes f2p.

    I can taste the salt from here. :D

    I can spot low IQ whales just by the answers to such taunt :D

    I haven't spent a penny on the game - I'll be ready for Malak ;)

    But if the whales have low IQ but have money to spend, then long live stupid people! :D They keep the game free for the rest of us!

    That's true only at a limited extent. When whales spend too much, they create a cap. And when this cap isn't reached, like it happned with Darth Revan, they're forced to make things like this to catch up with EA's requests.

    ... and? The krakens will still pay, get that 5-6 month advantage, and the game will continue.

    Actually, the krakens don't pay anymore. Its one of the reasons we keep getting things to drain crystals, real whales already have enough crystals to never need to spend a dime anymore.

    This game really only makes money from dolphins now. Sure there is a few who spend a lot, but those people are few because to spend a lot and not win, is to spend really badly and show you are bad at games.

    There is a reason this game made 12mil last year this time, but now only six mil today.

    Anyway, Malak is not as broken as I expected, JKR will still ignore his taunt even when he has it up.

    And there will be many things that work against Malak.

    Surprised he is this weak.

    He’s actually pretty survivable.

    New players have to pay to get to the whale level, which I would assume is a large source of revenue that won’t go away.
  • CLS has just been slaughtered with the critical hit fear and reduced percentage effects. Looks like it just Revan vs Darth Revan now...

    "We will try to keep a rock, paper, scissors meta,,

    Oh well at least it won't take up 90% meta yet
  • Gorem
    1152 posts Member
    Wait, his achievements and his new quest just give titles and portraits?

    Why not give like, actual meaningful stuff? Unlocking Wicket gives better bonuses! lol.

    Considering what it takes, why not give us a full zeta or something'
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to improve the IQ of some whales that can't win even after spending to avoid giving them such means of ubeatability and risking to ruin such an awesome game. Oh well, top 10, see you when this becomes f2p, if this becomes f2p.

    I can taste the salt from here. :D

    I can spot low IQ whales just by the answers to such taunt :D

    I haven't spent a penny on the game - I'll be ready for Malak ;)

    But if the whales have low IQ but have money to spend, then long live stupid people! :D They keep the game free for the rest of us!

    That's true only at a limited extent. When whales spend too much, they create a cap. And when this cap isn't reached, like it happned with Darth Revan, they're forced to make things like this to catch up with EA's requests.

    ... and? The krakens will still pay, get that 5-6 month advantage, and the game will continue.

    Actually, the krakens don't pay anymore. Its one of the reasons we keep getting things to drain crystals, real whales already have enough crystals to never need to spend a dime anymore.

    This game really only makes money from dolphins now. Sure there is a few who spend a lot, but those people are few because to spend a lot and not win, is to spend really badly and show you are bad at games.

    There is a reason this game made 12mil last year this time, but now only six mil today.

    Anyway, Malak is not as broken as I expected, JKR will still ignore his taunt even when he has it up.

    And there will be many things that work against Malak.

    Surprised he is this weak.

    @Gorem Cls has been flushed down the toilet like a shiet after eating a curry
  • hotdeaths wrote: »
    CLS has just been slaughtered with the critical hit fear and reduced percentage effects. Looks like it just Revan vs Darth Revan now...

    "We will try to keep a rock, paper, scissors meta,,

    Oh well at least it won't take up 90% meta yet

    I dont get why you say this.
    Yes, critically hitting Malak would hurt. However, this is only applicable in the first few rounds, because after that, he gets massive crit avoidance, so no chance of critting him. And in those first few rounds, why would you hit the tank? Why not Badstilla, or at least, the other tank, SiT? (especially as SiT is a pre taunter - Malak is not.)
    Once you kill all 4 allies, you really think your full cls team cant handle malak?
  • Nihion
    2068 posts Member
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    CLS has just been slaughtered with the critical hit fear and reduced percentage effects. Looks like it just Revan vs Darth Revan now...

    "We will try to keep a rock, paper, scissors meta,,

    Oh well at least it won't take up 90% meta yet

    I dont get why you say this.
    Yes, critically hitting Malak would hurt. However, this is only applicable in the first few rounds, because after that, he gets massive crit avoidance, so no chance of critting him. And in those first few rounds, why would you hit the tank? Why not Badstilla, or at least, the other tank, SiT? (especially as SiT is a pre taunter - Malak is not.)
    Once you kill all 4 allies, you really think your full cls team cant handle malak?

    If DR is in the Leader slot, you can’t kill him until you start on Malak.
  • He needs four pieces of the new paywall gear?! That’s like 11k crystals to just gear him up.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    CLS has just been slaughtered with the critical hit fear and reduced percentage effects. Looks like it just Revan vs Darth Revan now...

    "We will try to keep a rock, paper, scissors meta,,

    Oh well at least it won't take up 90% meta yet

    I dont get why you say this.
    Yes, critically hitting Malak would hurt. However, this is only applicable in the first few rounds, because after that, he gets massive crit avoidance, so no chance of critting him. And in those first few rounds, why would you hit the tank? Why not Badstilla, or at least, the other tank, SiT? (especially as SiT is a pre taunter - Malak is not.)
    Once you kill all 4 allies, you really think your full cls team cant handle malak?

    If DR is in the Leader slot, you can’t kill him until you start on Malak.

    Partially true. You can hit DR, he'll just heal some of his health by using his Villain ability.
    So lets say you kill Badstilla, SiT, HK.. So a counter attacking (theres no corrupted battle meditation any more), lifestealing cls team cant handle the remaining dr + malak?
  • Gorem
    1152 posts Member
    So um, he requires 400 salvage of the new gear?

    Hahahahahaha. Hahahahahahaha :D
  • Am I the only one who sees him weak?
    Sure, he's a good tank, but he doesnt have pre taunt, he can be fractured, he can get heal immunity, he can be annhilated, he can be tm drained, he can be isolated, and honestly, GMY can 2-3 hit him.
    All he has on the pro side is a couple of big hits, good defense, and frequent but not constant taunts.

    Except for the slight problem that if thrawn has corrupted battle meditation on him due to fbastila, he can't fracture.
  • Emguy wrote: »
    It's not an annihilate. It's damage equal to 100% of targets max health. So if a target has 100k health and 100k protection all the attack would do is get through the protection
    Within 2 uses though, he'd be able to take out *any* toon, the frequency of it all depending on if you're attacking him, say his CD is up and the following turn you get him to 75%, there goes one of your toons, 100% health is 100% health
  • DR and Malak seems like an OP combo if only them are left. If you start hitting Malak you will get fear 24/7. But if you start hitting DR he will just equalize hp with Malak and trigger Malak's hp treshold abilities, so that he will be able to use his mini-annihilate back to back...
  • SemiGod
    722 posts Member
    edited April 11
    With the release of Malak, anyone who unlocks him will automatically beat arena. I mean, look at this ability.fx29qvsrdd70.jpg
    He gets to use a better version of annihilate for 2-3 times during the match as he will have incredibly high defense. On top of that, he fully regains health. I dont know what CG is on but the meta will probably be Sith KOTOR again for another year or two.
    I understand EA is money hungry but this is 1000x worse than the Battlefront 2 conundrum a while back.
  • The character looks awesome. I have yet to even use Darth Revan. What happened to improved communications? 1 week notices? The new content and events are always good but the continued empty promises and misleading information really is turning some players off. Hopefully will get Malak and actually be able to learn how to use him before being smashed with a handlful more of soon to be nerfed characters
  • I read somewhere that he would have to ignore defense for drain life to be as effective as annihilate. The defender will still have protection and defense to burn through.
  • Nihion
    2068 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    CLS has just been slaughtered with the critical hit fear and reduced percentage effects. Looks like it just Revan vs Darth Revan now...

    "We will try to keep a rock, paper, scissors meta,,

    Oh well at least it won't take up 90% meta yet

    I dont get why you say this.
    Yes, critically hitting Malak would hurt. However, this is only applicable in the first few rounds, because after that, he gets massive crit avoidance, so no chance of critting him. And in those first few rounds, why would you hit the tank? Why not Badstilla, or at least, the other tank, SiT? (especially as SiT is a pre taunter - Malak is not.)
    Once you kill all 4 allies, you really think your full cls team cant handle malak?

    If DR is in the Leader slot, you can’t kill him until you start on Malak.

    Partially true. You can hit DR, he'll just heal some of his health by using his Villain ability.
    So lets say you kill Badstilla, SiT, HK.. So a counter attacking (theres no corrupted battle meditation any more), lifestealing cls team cant handle the remaining dr + malak?

    I’m gonna go ahead and assume that if you’re at that point, you don’t have a full CLS team anymore...
  • Yeah, not sure how much longer I’ll stick it out.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • I read somewhere that he would have to ignore defense for drain life to be as effective as annihilate. The defender will still have protection and defense to burn through.

    Oh now I see. I thought defense didnt matter with the ability. Except with almost 100% offense at 25% i guess it will penetrate defense
  • Gnawing Terror! Dear god this is the most OP ability I've ever seen!
  • Nihion
    2068 posts Member
    If KOTOR Sith was the meta for “a year or two”, then you would not have to pay for a good two years, thus shutting down their profits. They’re smart enough to keep the power creep going.
  • Ultra
    3372 posts Member
    I read somewhere that he would have to ignore defense for drain life to be as effective as annihilate. The defender will still have protection and defense to burn through.
    I believe its a fixed % damage, regardless of armor and offense, like how Chewbacca does 20% of max health regardless of how much armor, defense you have

    Annihilate is better because it iinstantly defeats you regardless of your health or protection, and prevents revives

    looking at SWGOH it does a fixed 100% damage, 2% to KRU, Malak, and other toons that take reduced % damage and 0.2% to raid bosses
  • Nihion
    2068 posts Member
    What interests me is how it seems that they’ve been setting up a character with these moves for years:
    - First Counter Idea: Nihilus lead. No possible way to crit, so avoidance of fear. However, this is the one team that has NO protection to survive Drain Force. Not a good counter.
    - Second Counter Idea: KRU. Takes reduced damage from Drain Force! Yay! Unfortunately, FO is so reliable on getting crits that Fear alone would take them out. Not a good counter.

    I’m beginning to wonder if they’ve created a 5 year plan because they just completed the previous one...
  • Ultra
    3372 posts Member
    I don't think First Order is a great counter because they rely on stuns and the leader is the pretaunting tank that cannot outspeed Darth Revan and his insanity
  • Ephran
    438 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Is drain life an auto kill?! It said deals damage equal to 100% of max health, but does it bypass protection? In theory you can bulk up on protection and it might not be an auto kill, assuming your combined health and protection is high enough to absorb the attack.

    It's just "normal" dmg scaled on your opponents max health. Let's say you're attacking a Bast with ~47000 health and ~50000 protection and she's full on both. Your Malak will deal ~47000 dmg to her and soak up nearly all the protection.

    It also means if a character has full health and only 1 protection he won't kill them.
  • Would B1 be a counter since he only has 1 health
  • And 100 stacks of droid battalion
Sign In or Register to comment.