IPD node forever longer than Leia

2Next

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    G9/G10 one zeta

Veers, Starck, Snow, Range, Shore

First time I cleared it only Veers was G10 I believe. Not all of them were 7* either. I think only Range, Veers, and Snow were. It's not that bad of an investment now with Range completely changing them.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I think it's just that ROLO's node only requires like, Hoth Soldier or something, whereas IPD requires a full Imp. Troopers team. Personally I've had to back-burner the troopers about fifteen times because something more "urgent" always seems to come up - new legendary, heroic Sith teams, etc etc etc.

And I know a lot of guildmates are in the same boat: want to build the team but it just doesn't seem that important because IPD is the only thing that explicitly requires them, and IPD isn't super amazing or anything.

Each completion can reward 1500 shard shop currency for your guild. That will buy a full carbanti. Not bad for 2 minutes of playing.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »
    that is simply priorities my guy
    And for me, Rangetrooper isn't gonna be a priority for a hot minute, no matter how big a jump in the effectiveness of my troopers team.

which is simple priorities
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Waqui wrote: »
    I think it's just that ROLO's node only requires like, Hoth Soldier or something, whereas IPD requires a full Imp. Troopers team. Personally I've had to back-burner the troopers about fifteen times because something more "urgent" always seems to come up - new legendary, heroic Sith teams, etc etc etc.

And I know a lot of guildmates are in the same boat: want to build the team but it just doesn't seem that important because IPD is the only thing that explicitly requires them, and IPD isn't super amazing or anything.

Each completion can reward 1500 shard shop currency for your guild. That will buy a full carbanti. Not bad for 2 minutes of playing.

I'm sorry; can you show your math on that? How does 1500 shard shop currency equal a full carbanti?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

I'm sorry; can you show your math on that? How does 1500 shard shop currency equal a full carbanti?

I believe Carbanti pieces are 6 materials for 186 Shard Shop Currency.

1500 currency / 186 currency = 8 purchases.
    8 purchases x 6 Carbanti pieces per purchase = 48 Carbanti pieces.

So technically you would be 2 pieces short of a full Carbanti, but that's pretty close.
  • IPD is actually really important for TW. When your guild can institute "bombing run" time to use IPD to take key characters out of teams to allow weaker squads to kill them.
  • Popoto
    32 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Yeah, I hate how the requirements are so much more narrow for ipd. I hate my progress on a character being tied so closely to my guild. Especially as someone who lives droids.

My guild is at 70 million gp and I'm literally the only one earning shards. Some of the other guys have begun attempting the mission, but they've been doing so far like 3 months now. My ipd is 4 star (and I only unlocked him after the last galactic bounties) while my rolo is 83/85
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Leia only needs a Hoth Rebel Soldier / Light side.

IPD , 1 empire / dark side ..

sounds like a good solution!
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    You dont need range trooper for TW tho.. zVeers, Starck, Shore, Death and Snow kill it just fine
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Popoto wrote: »
    Yeah, I hate how the requirements are so much more narrow for ipd. I hate my progress on a character being tied so closely to my guild. Especially as someone who lives droids.

My guild is at 70 million gp and I'm literally the only one earning shards. Some of the other guys have begun attempting the mission, but they've been doing so far like 3 months now. My ipd is 4 star (and I only unlocked him after the last galactic bounties) while my rolo is 83/85

Well, guilds have to work together to achieve common goals. Earn tickets to launch frequent raids. Collaborate to kill heroic level raids. Set good strategies and all contribute to win Territory wars and maximize stars for TBs. Focus on the requirements to earn IPD and ROLO.

If you are unhappy with what your guild is doing, I suggest one of three courses of action:
    1) Talk to the guild officers/leader and see if they can change the guild's priorities
    2) Leave your guild for one that that more closely aligns with your in-game priorities.
    3) Accept things as they are, and do nothing.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    WHY CG... EA .. if 2 wasn't bad enough you switched it to 1.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Popoto wrote: »

Well, guilds have to work together to achieve common goals. Earn tickets to launch frequent raids. Collaborate to kill heroic level raids. Set good strategies and all contribute to win Territory wars and maximize stars for TBs. Focus on the requirements to earn IPD and ROLO.

If you are unhappy with what your guild is doing, I suggest one of three courses of action:
    1) Talk to the guild officers/leader and see if they can change the guild's priorities
    2) Leave your guild for one that that more closely aligns with your in-game priorities.
    3) Accept things as they are, and do nothing.

Except that in newer shards under a year the focus is trying to get teams for HSTR. Where does Imp Troopers fit in that for new players. This advice was as bad as get gud
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I don’t like the change either but they both been added in galactic bounties if they are a must have for you
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Except that in newer shards under a year the focus is trying to get teams for HSTR. Where does Imp Troopers fit in that for new players. This advice was as bad as get gud
    In P2, P3, or P4.

Here's Troopers doing 2.5 million to P3 Traya without sacrificing Deathtrooper, meaning it can be run in parallel with Chex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKBDjk817AE

And before you say anything, yes, that's max damage series. But you only need to deal a little over 750k to do your share against Traya, which is both reasonable and achievable for that team. In addition to being an hSith team, it is good for territory battles and territory wars. And imperial troopers are very useful across the map.

Especially now that Rangetrooper is farmable, imperial troopers are a viable choice as a raid team in three different phases.
    Still not a he.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    In P2, P3, or P4.

Here's Troopers doing 2.5 million to P3 Traya without sacrificing Deathtrooper, meaning it can be run in parallel with Chex:

And before you say anything, yes, that's max damage series. But you only need to deal a little over 750k to do your share against Traya, which is both reasonable and achievable for that team. In addition to being an hSith team, it is good for territory battles and territory wars. And imperial troopers are very useful across the map.

Especially now that Rangetrooper is farmable, imperial troopers are a viable choice as a raid team in three different phases.

Yeah, but that also requires Rangetrooper which is gonna be even further on the backburner for most new players as yet another hard node farm.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    In P2, P3, or P4.

Except JTR/Finn/3PO Phase 1, jKR phase 2, bounty and the beast or NS death storm phase 3 better options.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    In P2, P3, or P4.

Except JTR/Finn/3PO Phase 1, jKR phase 2, bounty and the beast or NS death storm phase 3 better options.

But troopers get you IPD and they do damage.

I don’t really care about troopers or ROLO or IPD. I’m just excited for the Geonosis TB!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Yeah, but that also requires Rangetrooper which is gonna be even further on the backburner for most new players as yet another hard node farm.
    There are a lot of hard node farms to consider. But every hard node has to come some time.

If the assertion is that the priority is hSith, then doing a hard node farm for hSith seems reasonable. Especially a 12 energy hard node farm.
    "Better" is negotiable.

If you can kill two birds with one stone, that can be thoroughly worthwhile. Also, if you have a seven-star 3PO and a seven-star Chewbacca, odds are you have hSith teams ready to go and either you're in a guild that has hSith on lock, and therefore it's not a guild-wide priority, or you are one of the biggest fish in a guild building up to hSith and you've got some investments set up.
    You say Bounty and the Beast, but for the investment it takes just to get Chewbacca, you can get an Aurra Hunters team going, which has a slightly lower ceiling but far more consistency than bounty and the beast. Or if we're being more reasonable, we could compare to Chex classic.

Also, "Better" depends on your goals. If your goal is to get a team for every phase that can do your 2% while maintaining a well-rounded roster, troopers are a valid P3 choice. Bounty and the Beast pulls bits and pieces from three different teams that you'd need to have up and running to make those toons useful in other parts of the game, including Troopers, whereas a P3 troopers team can be run as-is and be useful in almost every aspect of the game.

As for Deathstorm, that does also mean not using Asajj sisters against Nihilus P4, which some guilds just starting hSith cannot spare, while others can.

Which is not to say Bounty and the Beast is bad, or that Deathstorm is bad. They're solid teams and valid choices. But there are other teams and comps that have their own pros and cons, which are also sensible and valid choices.
    Still not a he.