Physical vs Special Damage?

I know how they work and they are different. My question is more about the toons they choose to have physical and special damage.

I would think melee and shooters to physical damage while lightsaber and force users do special damage and that’s not always the case. Is there a process that determines who does physical damage or special damage or a toon that does both? Is it used for balancing? Just curious.

Replies

• I've always thought it was just what CG thought they should have. Thrawn, despite having no 'special abilities' like the force deals special damage? Because why not?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    It's all just arbitrary, cos we are just playing with holograms. Some characters that use Lightsabres deal physical damage whereas majority deal special damage. I don't think there'll ever be justification...
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Roll a dice:
    1-3 = phys dmg, 4-6 = special dmg
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I just hope that one day, if they add ghost versions of Ben, Yoda, and Anakin (and anyone else who might turn into a ghost), that they are immune to physical damage.
    I'm gonna regret saying that when I end up not getting one of the ghost characters.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!