Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• Saltiest comment I've seen on the forum for a while :D I got him F2P
  • HanSolo141 wrote: »
    Saltiest comment I've seen on the forum for a while :D I got him F2P

Salt=truth...whatever

Not true though is it? SALT
    No it's truth. Only salty when the person on the other end takes the truth in a negative mannerism. Truth is always truth. The readers own perception is where saltiness is added.

How is your OP truth? I said I got him F2P, didn't spend a thing.
    You paid to be the best, now revel in your wallet's hard earned achievement.

Are you saying there’s something wrong with people who have disposable income and are happy to follow the P2P format?
  • What’s the big deal if they did pay? Who cares?
  • GambrinusKluk
    222 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Most people in my guild and shard chat already had the required toons above or close to the needed gp, so spending wasn't required to unlock him.
    Just because they OP wasn't ready, is no reason to be salty at the community who were prepared.
  • phartung55 wrote: »
    Prosser wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    This is a completely new event type and will be more complicated and difficult than any event we’ve run before.

This should read as "will have a higher paywall then any event we've run before."

Yup. Bend over and open your wallets or no malak for you. And that’s how they treat people who most likely spent money on the game at somepoint

Consider the alternative. Do we really want a repeat of this:

awdy1y4adfoo.jpg

But that's not the ONLY alternative. Thats just the worst of our available options. They could, I dunno, release Malak as a legendary that requires any Old Republic, make him have a good, but not overly busted, kit thay synerguzes with DRevan, but is also answered by several available teams/too s, making for a more balanced meta where revan is beaten by Drevan who is beaten by a couple other options, who are beaten by revan; thus creating a moderately balanced meta where we have a few super popular teams (revan, drevan, and whateber theoretical team beat shim in this case. I have good luck with bounty hunters due to bobas missile, b7t it could be just about anything) that perform well but arent unbeatable and a handful of rogue teams that can slip in now amd then with proper building, good timing and moddong, and maybe a little luck. It doesnt have to be this or only revan, other options exist

But isn't that pretty close to what we're getting now? The JKR pie has been divided between the two Revans, one of which is easier to get than CLS or RTJ and thus very F2P-friendly. CLS and Traya are still able to throw down with both Revans, as are really well-modded NS and BH teams.

We've even seen a revival of Nightmare Sith thanks to the addition of Bastila F. Dusty zPalp squads are suddenly able to take on JKR. And even if the new DR+Malak meta is as hopelessly OP as JKR once used to be, it'll be an exclusive whale toy for the time being. Seems pretty diverse to me (at least until the Malak event returns for the second time).
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Let me start by stating that I personally do NOT like this requirement but after calmly thinking about it, there might be other reasons behind this new requirement other than OMG CASH GRAB PAYWALL.

Firstly, you see people complain about the difficulty of their events I.e. Chewbacca and that it’s crazy RNG and people need hundreds of attempts, but what if majority of people could clear it easily when the required characters are actually well invested(geared). Then we also wouldn’t need to desperately check for “minimum geared strategies” because we are actually being forced to gear to the minimum that CG is satisfied with. I think it’s easier for CG to set this precedent and deal with the backlash 1 time than deal with the complaints dumpster fires every event.

Secondly, with the introduction of Grand Arena and people scrutinising their opponent’s rosters, there are more reports of cheating and other “how’d this person achieve this legendary with this crap roster”. Well, now that they’re forcing this requirement, cheaters won’t be able to clear Events with Level 1, Gear 1 characters. CG clamps down on cheating, reduces complaints about cheaters and reduces the workload of their cheating investigators. Win, win and win.

Thirdly, smart F2P players have been hoarding resources to better tackle the increasingly heavy requirements of the events but raising the requirements even further will eliminate all but the most excessive of hoarders. This will give P2P players an edge and make them feel that their investments are worthwhile.

Lastly but actually the most importantly, “Cha Ching $$$”. :D

Excellent post. I didn’t even think about the cheating angle. This is definitely a better method than having people complaining about needing 180 attempts at G8/9 to get perfect RNG when it isn’t even meant to be done at that gear level. People may not even realize it, but this is exactly what they’ve been demanding.

Except instead of cheaters having g8 toons i dont care about they will have g12

Not sure if they finally figured out the hacks or have always been cheating and getting away with it.... and like guy said GA makes easier to find em....
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Funny how a F2P can complain about the people that keep this game funded and running. Lol
    v8d5qs077epw.jpeg
    HanSolo141 wrote: »
    No it's truth. Only salty when the person on the other end takes the truth in a negative mannerism. Truth is always truth. The readers own perception is where saltiness is added.

How is your OP truth? I said I got him F2P, didn't spend a thing.

Cool story

haha, I hope this post makes you feel better
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    HanSolo141, you're only coming across as envious and a sore loser in this thread. Nothing more. Just fyi.
  • Brilliant event! I had a lot of fun working it out and getting it done. Well done CG! Some actual game play and not just another farm fest! Very very happy with it!
  • Probably loses all his GA and blames it on never having the meta, when he just sucks or doesn’t know how to win as F2P
  • pwnthenubs wrote: »
    Probably loses all his GA and blames it on never having the meta, when he just sucks or doesn’t know how to win as F2P

Lucky he wasn't able to play the event, would have been too hard.
  • First of all, the design of the event was amazing! Very hard to beat if you just hammer at it, but once you figure out all the interactions it is possible to beat (even LS). The difficulty was about right with the 17500 requirements.

The design was also right in line with KOTOR's gameplay and the final battle. The devs in charge of it and the art team clearly played through it, and got the feel just right. Spectacular job by all of them.

On the other hand, putting 4 of the new crystal-only gears on Malak is brutal. Yes, you can farm them but each takes 1-2 weeks of energy refreshes. Or you can pay 11.2k crystals. Also, I firmly believe they are using Malak to sink everyone's GET reserves so they can release a new character in GET with the new TB - which is pretty low when standard is to give everyone a journey-type at 7*.
  • I'm ever so beholden to those spending real cash in the game. They allow me to build my teams, and have almost all the same heroes they have, and for no investment but time. Many thanks to those with the ability to keep the game free while shouldering the burden of paying themselves.
  • Malak will be able to solo the sith raid
  • Even the game changers the people who literally play this game for you to show what’s what are angry at you... if your most dedicated fans are angry how do you think everyone else is atm.
  • I just want to Thank cg for all the free time I'll gain from deleting your app. This malak roll out was the push i needed to retire from the game 👍
  • Malak will be able to solo the sith raid

He walks in, and looks at Traya... "I hear you need a hand with...ok sorry cheap joke..but seriously, are you done twirling your sabers? Can we get this place cleaned up. Sheesh the smell.. Oh you two, happy and grumpy.. ahhh why bother.."
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    Thanks for the event CG. I enjoyed to figure out the right strategy and got it done after three attempts. I'm F2P since Dec. and got Drevan and Malak for free. Nice animations as always. Looking forward to Prequel content now.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Please fix his fear bug... Everytime I deal a crit damage even if he has crit immunity (so I can't crit) he'll inflict my team with fear.
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Struggling through but hoping to unlock him tonight. LS taking forever for me. Tried loading him up with Shred (9 stacks) and got nowhere. Tried killing droids/Jedi with less Shred, and nothing. Can’t finish him. Probably need more damage.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    I got him with no Darth Revan and I even unlocked his ship, suck on this CG w4jfx2t0ao1b.jpg