something positive! episode 9 trailer

Prev1

Replies

• Really cant wait for it. Trailer looks really good. And was that palp we hear at the end like a kid at Christmas
  • if Palp returns, and Rey is a Skywalker...that could possibly salvage this entire trilogy for me
  • "We'll always be with you,
    No one's ever really gone,
    *Palps Laughter*"
    Fuxk yeah!!
  • Roll it again !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Ugh JJ abrams went a step back. If anything, I liked how TLJ tried to go into uncharted direction with getting rid of the baggage of the previous films.

TFA was disappointing for its nostalgia approach and looks like JJ is repeating his gimmick

Kylo should’ve been the big bad
  • I cant wait for Palp to come back. I am also excited by the idea that this movie could try to fix a lot of what TLJ did.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Ugh JJ abrams went a step back. If anything, I liked how TLJ tried to go into uncharted direction with getting rid of the baggage of the previous films.

TFA was disappointing for its nostalgia approach and looks like JJ is repeating his gimmick

Agreed. A lot of old-school SW fans seem to just want a nostalgia-fest. My parents were single-digit ages when Episode 4 came out; as far as I'm concerned the OT is an enjoyable but outdated trilogy which introduced the SW galaxy. I want NEW STORIES, I want to be challenged. I'm not a toddler wanting to be soothed by someone telling me the same familiar stories over and over.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    I have some speculation as to what we might get in-game from this movie:
    New characters: Rey (Jedi), Finn (Deserter), Poe (Wanderer), Veteran Scoundrel Lando, Jannah. First Order Red Trooper, First Order Rocket Trooper. (Palatine - Spirit, C3PO - Bandoiler).
    Ships: First Order Tie Interceptor, Resistance A-Wing, Millennium Falcon (Episode 9)
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Isn't this Episode 8 re-done?
  • See Rey.
    See Rey run.
    See Rey run faster than a TIE fighter.
    Run Rey run.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    If Rey is blood-related to anyone of the Skywalker family, or to Kenobi, or to Palpatine, or to Han Solo or to Leia, i'll be very disappointed. And same if palpatine comes back or something like that. Or if snoke revives. I really liked The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, more than any other SW films, I don't want them to turn into **** ep456 content or something like that. putting han, luke, leia and stuff was already too much.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    With Palpatine's association with Plagieus, it sort of makes sense he'd still be alive in force form. Quite a few sith have returned in force ghost form throughout SW lore (he was even powrfuly enough to indluence Mara Jade in the now non-canon first Thrawn series). Still, I'm hoping he only has a minor role in the film, much like Lando and Leia. I'd rather these movies focus on developing the new characters rather than rehashing old ones.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Some star wars which is not about kotor. Yay
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Palp voice was a hologram...Kylo went looking for more artifacts...the rise of the skywalkers is explained and is the cause of all the bad stuff happening and only mary sue can fix it by killing the last one.

Or you can get your hopes up again...
  • kalidor wrote: »
    With Palpatine's association with Plagieus, it sort of makes sense he'd still be alive in force form. Quite a few sith have returned in force ghost form throughout SW lore (he was even powrfuly enough to indluence Mara Jade in the now non-canon first Thrawn series). Still, I'm hoping he only has a minor role in the film, much like Lando and Leia. I'd rather these movies focus on developing the new characters rather than rehashing old ones.

they've had 2 movies to develop the new characters and that still hasn't happened
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

If you follow star wars, canonically, the only way for a sith to return is if someone wears an item possessed by their spirit.... In the trailer, you clearly see kylo repairing his helmet for some reason...... Hmmmm

The thought of rey taking on a Palpatine influenced kylo with the help of.luke does not displease me.....
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Veteran Lando confirmed as requirement for jedi Rey.
  • So stoked!!
  • Palpatine is back ?
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

If you follow star wars, canonically, the only way for a sith to return is if someone wears an item possessed by their spirit.... In the trailer, you clearly see kylo repairing his helmet for some reason...... Hmmmm

The thought of rey taking on a Palpatine influenced kylo with the help of.luke does not displease me.....

interesting, this sounds like it could be really cool
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Ugh no, not "rise of the skywalker" in a title, how disgusting
  • Aydnie wrote: »
    If Rey is blood-related to anyone of the Skywalker family, or to Kenobi, or to Palpatine, or to Han Solo or to Leia, i'll be very disappointed. And same if palpatine comes back or something like that. Or if snoke revives. I really liked The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, more than any other SW films, I don't want them to turn into **** ep456 content or something like that. putting han, luke, leia and stuff was already too much.

The main saga is ongoing story. What you’re saying like wanting Season 8 of GOT to be about something other than the Starks, Lannisters, etc.

I don’t understand how people can’t grasp this. What RJ did was the Hollywood equivalent to hijacking a message board thread.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Better: she fixes Vader’s mask.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    My theory: Palp conceived Anakin. That makes the first two trilogies even cooler.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    If you follow star wars, canonically, the only way for a sith to return is if someone wears an item possessed by their spirit.....

G-g-g-g-g-g-g-ghooooosts!
  • Nihion wrote: »
    My theory: Palp conceived Anakin. That makes the first two trilogies even cooler.

That's already canon......
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

Is it? Old canon confirmed that it was Plagueis.
  • Nihion wrote: »

Ya..... New canon clearly shows Palp.... Will try and find the video....
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Ya..... New canon clearly shows Palp.... Will try and find the video....

Okay, thanks. I was not aware of that.
  • chron
    89 posts Member
    See Rey.
    See Rey run.
    See Rey run faster than a TIE fighter.
    Run Rey run.

I wish I was a stanger who wanders down the sky
    I wish I was a starship in silence flying by
    I wish I was a princess with armies at her hand
    I wish I was a ruler who'd make them understand

-- "Wish" from Run Lola Run