Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• 7 of them in my top 50...not that worried, yet
  • Ciomagaru
    41 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    is this the right place to insult CG? because they seem to love it.
  • Konnos183
    10 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    No, they dont care about your insults, I doubt they even read any of this.

They don't care for the the f2p or the dolphin. They only want whales or krakens playing this game.

In the end, it's their company, or probably EAs business model, but it would be nice to know what the strategy is, so we can bugger off in the near future if this crap continues. I wanted to believe that this is not the playmodel they were after, that they wanted to make an endgame with many viable teams, but this is not what it seems to be at this point, so get your clues people and decide if this is a game you want to continue to waste your time in. I ll stick around and watch how it transpires, no money from me again though.
  • abc127 wrote: »
    @YaeVizsla you have nothing to do tonight except troll? Good life.

I don't see how they trolled you?
  • MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Palpatine lead, dn, sion, Darth revan, Bastila walked all over malak with Darth revan lead. I hope they have some fixes for malak or it's not anywhere near the meta jedi knight revan was and it is so much more difficult to obtain.

Quite honestly, malak needs a pre taunt to really make him a defensive beast. Not having a pre taunt semi locks the fifth character into being Sith trooper.

For high end arena play, my first impression on facing him is a bit underwhelming.

I prefer to have diversity in arena - its kinda boring if u get one team that face rolls everything...Revan meta was very boring..
  • The light side part of it is ridiculously overtuned

I have all the required characters at g12 and all over 20k with all zetas and after 50 tries still not killed it
  • Shaddesy
    114 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I’m just angry that after all of this it’s only a 5* unlock, by the next time this event rolls around (let’s make that an IF this event rolls back around) everyone will have known to hoard their GET and be able to 7* him right away unlike the people who either paid or saved for him. I also have a feeling that this event will not come back and malak will simply go to the guild event store for everyone. It wouldn’t surprise me since this is a new event and apparently all cadence and previous rules are out the **** window.
  • Shaddesy wrote: »
    I’m just angry that after all of this it’s only a 5* unlock, by the next time this event rolls around (let’s make that an IF this event rolls back around) everyone will have known to hoard their GET and be able to 7* him right away unlike the people who either paid or saved for him. I also have a feeling that this event will not come back and malak will simply go to the guild event store for everyone. It wouldn’t surprise me since this is a new event and apparently all cadence and previous rules are out the **** window.

Well, that last part might especially hint that this time we will wait longer than 3 months for the event's return. There's probably no advantage in taking him directly to 7* when the event returns, if the meta has already changed by then.
    I doubt they'll make the same mistake they did with JKR. Most likely they'll switch back to making the second run of the events coincide with the meta shift.
  • Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    There is a skill I've learned to cope with EA's business moves which entails rolling my eyes and fake laughing. It helps...but it seems you haven't gotten through the grieving process yet. I hear you bud! keep on keeping on...
  • Frankwhite8536
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I've hit the golden wall. I can't progress anymore in rankings in squad arena unless I gear level 12 my whole team.
  • Guess the Devs need new Ferrari cars
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    Well, that was the final straw for me. And no, I'm not coming back in 10 days as I'm refunding my transactions and therefore the account will get banned.
  • there is a problem with Jedi knight Revan lead. seems like the critical chance bonus is not adding up. 3 old republic jedi should give a bonus of 30% crit chance but it seems like the crit chance is a lot less in the malak event without him absorbing the crit immunity. on paper awith a full old republic team it should be 40% bonus crit chance but it seems like i barely crit on malak even even without the crit immunity. i want to post this but it seems i got blocked or something.
  • Unleashed220
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Thanks CG for allowing us to purchase an 18 month guild event farm for the last 2 stars of a ridiculously lopsided event. If this is the crap you’re going to start doing now, just go back to a thousand marquee characters a year.
  • I seriously dont feel like playing a star wars game anymore.

When i see all those kotor toons like revan, mission, malak, that everyone use and talk about all the time.

I feel like playing another game with some characters that i ve never heard before and dont care
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I feel like playing another game with some characters that i ve never heard before and dont care

You should try playing this really neat old school RPG on steam for just a couple bucks. I forget its name, but I think it's something like Knights of the Republic. Just type that into the search bar, see what comes up.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I seriously dont feel like playing a star wars game anymore.

When i see all those kotor toons like revan, mission, malak, that everyone use and talk about all the time.

You haven't heard of most Star Wars characters. You might not even have heard of most important Star Wars characters.

Star Wars is huge, and Star Wars is more than just the movies. There are parts of Star Wars that you, personally, have not experienced. And that's fine. That's still Star Wars. Which parts of Star Wars are important to whom varies wildly and should be respected.

Now, waiting for the end of the month for the N64 Pod Racer game's 20th anniversary, when they introduce the new Pod Racer faction and the Sebulba legendary using Galactic Republic toons.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Now, waiting for the end of the month for the N64 Pod Racer game's 20th anniversary, when they introduce the new Pod Racer faction and the Sebulba legendary using Galactic Republic toons.

A Super Bombad Racing reference in the year of our Lord 2019. My God. The deepest of cuts.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I’m only curious if the event will come back exactly the same next time or if this was the only way to “quickly” get 5*. Then they make him farmable for everyone else later but will take a long time with GET. I don’t want to grind the necessary toons starting now, miss out on next meta with Clone Wars because I’m not farming Anakin, Ahsoka, etc just to find out they change the structure later. Not that the characters will be a “waste” because I’ve wanted to farm them anyways. I have JKR and DR, but won’t be able to raise everyone else in time, so just want clarification.
  • They don't want us to have certainty about the future. Giving us ample knowledge of their plans hurts their bottom line. For the people that don't get him this go-round I hope that he comes back right after Darth Revan returns. So far I am the only one in my guild to have unlocked him. A few that are still trying and I hope they get him before it is over. Just seems like it is going to take a very long time to get him to 7* with the amount of GEC we get. We are not getting all stars in the Hoth TB's. Not sure how many we will get with the GEO TB's.

The notice is out though to save every bit of GEC. Did they ever mention that the Guild Store could possibly get any new additions? I have already started being mindful of what I spend in there as well.
  • They don't want us to have certainty about the future. Giving us ample knowledge of their plans hurts their bottom line. For the people that don't get him this go-round I hope that he comes back right after Darth Revan returns. So far I am the only one in my guild to have unlocked him. A few that are still trying and I hope they get him before it is over. Just seems like it is going to take a very long time to get him to 7* with the amount of GEC we get. We are not getting all stars in the Hoth TB's. Not sure how many we will get with the GEO TB's.

The notice is out though to save every bit of GEC. Did they ever mention that the Guild Store could possibly get any new additions? I have already started being mindful of what I spend in there as well.

I am wondering if it will be a split event next time.
  • Ok so I have ONE zeta to give for this event... and so far I only have two on Revan and one on Jolee... Do I put this last one on Darth Revan, then I imagine? And which ability(Lead, conquerer, or villain?!)

I almost have them ALL at 17,500.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Wow, this event was a shameless cash grab on cash grab on cash grab.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the battles. They were really hard, but beatable. I even tried to beat them a few more times after completing them. So kudoz to the devs for the enjoyment factor and the replayability.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I think it's funny seeing ppl complaining that u shouldnt have to need dr to do the event, like it's cool for those who paid to get dr should be screwed with an underwhelming character after unlock, what's not cool is requiring such a high power level on the required toons, when you cant buy Zetas to throw on toons
    I'll deal with the gear restrictions to get a toon to a certain level, which is completely fair, but when in some cases g12 doesnt get u to a power level that's just completely wrong....

The power is just a general guideline. They're not saying that if you're 16,000 you're just flat out dead. A lot of characters only break that level because of leadership zetas, but those leaderships aren't going to do you any good if they aren't the leader.

They're basically saying you're going to need to have all your characters at high g11 or g12 and all their abilities omega'd. They're saying you won't be able to do this with g8 characters and a ton of refreshes.

So do u wanna take a sec to back track about the **** they pulled on this event? Lol sry if I seem like I'm being snide, it's not to u, but im finally sick of this game. It used to be fun. This isnt fun, it's just 1 big first 2 letters of that word...
  • BootyMcButtsweat
    22 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Cant find any help online ANYWHERE so asking here...
    Im attempting Light Path Malak event. Every single video and post recommends that you stack armor shred on Malak with Zaalbar. However, my Zaalbar does not land armor shred ever...not even once...with critical chance modding at 95%. Is this a glitch or what?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Im attempting Light Path Malak event. Every single video and post recommends that you stack armor shred on Malak with Zaalbar. However, my Zaalbar does not land armor shred ever...not even once...with critical chance modding at 95%. Is this a glitch or what?
    I'm not in the running this time, but this is the advice I'm seeing:

75whUcs.jpg
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I'm not in the running this time, but this is the advice I'm seeing:

75whUcs.jpg

this is the greatest strategy ever armor shred is very important i beat light side easily with this thank you
  • I want to thank the devs. I have been wanting to take a step back from the game for a while now. But i got Revan, 3P0 and Chewie on the second pass so I was feeling pretty good. Now I see I can never catch up so I can just slow down and play the way I want to. It is actually very freeing to know i will never spend any more real money on the game. Thanks CG. #sithraidstillsux.