Spoiler policy (mild spoiler for the new teaser trailer in the OP)

Stenun
851 posts Member
Given the release of the first teaser trailer for Episode IX yesterday, it is inevitable that people are going to want to talk about it and already the speculation is turning into "fact" and "this is going to happen".
I get it. People are excited and want to talk about it.
But not everyone likes this. Especially the closer we get to the release of the film as more info will be drip fed out and people tend to adopt the approach that if they know it then it's not a spoiler so it's OK to publicly talk about, etc. I mean, imagine if that sound that we hear at the end of the new trailer over the black screen had been talked about BEFORE the trailer had been released ... or imagine if the first you knew of it was from this forum and not from watching the trailer yourself. It wouldn't have had the same impact.
So what is this forum's official stance on spoilers and what and where can people share them?
A new subforum for any and all Episode IX stuff might help, right down to trailer discussion and speculation over future characters for this game.

Replies

• By the time I watch it on video, I’ll have long forgotten the spoilers.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • chron
    89 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    Given the release of the first teaser trailer for Episode IX yesterday, it is inevitable that people are going to want to talk about it and already the speculation is turning into "fact" and "this is going to happen".
    I get it. People are excited and want to talk about it.
    But not everyone likes this. Especially the closer we get to the release of the film as more info will be drip fed out and people tend to adopt the approach that if they know it then it's not a spoiler so it's OK to publicly talk about, etc. I mean, imagine if that sound that we hear at the end of the new trailer over the black screen had been talked about BEFORE the trailer had been released ... or imagine if the first you knew of it was from this forum and not from watching the trailer yourself. It wouldn't have had the same impact.
    So what is this forum's official stance on spoilers and what and where can people share them?
    A new subforum for any and all Episode IX stuff might help, right down to trailer discussion and speculation over future characters for this game.

It's speculation at this point, but there's no real way to stop any nitwit from posting HURR URMURGURD KLOHN PALPS IZ 21ST DOKTUR HOO YEET DURR! in any forum, even for the time it gets to ban the post. Nature of the beast, sadly.