Darth Revan is dominating Arena: why everybody negates this and continue to say "JKR too OP"?

Prev1
4,2 M GP, I play from 1st day.
In my arena shard there are 19 Darth Revan teams in the first 30 ranks.
I run a JKR team and I usually switch to New Hope to climb (but before DRevan I usually easily had rank 1-10 at payout, now I am never better than 15th at payout).... no way to defeat them with JKR team.

Replies

• Because with so many folks in these parts kissing whale's feets, the whales became more blatant about showing how entitled they feel to a p2w, uncontested model. If it was up to them to have a squad that can't lose in any way possible they would love it. They simply don't want any form of competition, it's not even about playing the game any more, it's about winning everything they can by pressing 2 buttons.
  • I see jkr beating Darth revan all the time in my shard probably doing kill order or something wrong or not moded correctly for it cause jkr vs jkr a slow one could be a fast one but know uts more mod reliant then it was during jkr vs jkr if not good mods u wont compete for top spots
  • The simple answer is that those who had the proper modding likely switched to DR for shorter matches and faster climbing and those who were floating in the top 20 with subpar mods have a hard time staying competitive with JKR. It's perfectly fine, a well-modded JKR still stands his ground against most DR teams.
  • The simple answer is that those who had the proper modding likely switched to DR for shorter matches and faster climbing and those who were floating in the top 20 with subpar mods have a hard time staying competitive with JKR. It's perfectly fine, a well-modded JKR still stands his ground against most DR teams.

Exactly alot of subpar mods players climbed to top 50 even top 20 and are know getting pushed out of it cause they lack the mods to stay in the top are complaining and yes jkr still wins on offense if u have good mods

So i completely agree with u on this
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Because with so many folks in these parts kissing whale's feets, the whales became more blatant about showing how entitled they feel to a p2w, uncontested model. If it was up to them to have a squad that can't lose in any way possible they would love it. They simply don't want any form of competition, it's not even about playing the game any more, it's about winning everything they can by pressing 2 buttons.

There's a difference between not wanting competition and not wanting scrubs to be able to beat every team the encounter. Giving players the oppertunity to actually field a better team than that rather easily aqcuired JKR team doesn't mean there isn't any competition anymore, it means you'd have to do better if you want to be able to compete.
    I'm f2p and i've got a double zeta g11 malak and i'm rather pleased if JKR teams with subpar modding can't defeat me on offense anymore.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=LE8wfjTegg0

kill order is Drevan, ST, HK, Bastilla + Malak
  • Please define subpar mods.
    If adding speed from +120 to +145 to everybody is bad....
    Maybe the enemies have god mods, or maybe DR leadership is OP and it’s clear the he was designed to defeat JKR.
    Start the battle, mark, do your best... from a certain moment they literally play alone and you can do nothing.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Please define subpar mods.
    Maybe the enemies have god mods, or maybe DR leadership is OP and it’s clear the he was designed to defeat JKR.
    Start the battle, mark, do your best... from a certain moment they literally play alone and you can do nothing.

At this point plenty of top arena teams are fielding at least one set close to 160 or higher. So if you have farmed mods really hard, and reached that levels (with some other 140s in the mix too), then it does get annoying seeing people with 20-40 less speed on their best sets beat you easily.
  • Ok... everybody has his point of view but the question here was:
    Is it only my Arena shard dominated by Darth Revan?
    If not, please stop telling us the story that JKR is too OP and DRevan was a fail...
  • It’s a mystery to me too. I guess some felt entitled to a sit in the top 20 because they put some dollars into a Darth Revan team. They forgot people are not top 20 because of the characters they have, they are top 20 because they have a stellar mod collection they just have to transfer to remain ultra competitive. The top 20 will always be ready for the next meta because they earn the crystals to ease the farm. They will always have the new characters, the real top 20 makers are the mods.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Please define subpar mods.

subpar as in worse mods than the opponent. On my leaderboard +145 on the fastest toon is considered to be slow, while on other leaderboards that my not be the case.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Ok... everybody has his point of view but the question here was:
    If not, please stop telling us the story that JKR is too OP and DRevan was a fail...

Darth Revan doesn't dominate. It's a new toy, and all the players who got him are playing with their new shiny. I have DRevan, and there are times JKR would actually do better depending on who I face. However I stay with my DRevan team whenever possible because I'm so sick of 9 months of time out mirror matches that I'd rather get an occasional L and keep using him.

Darth Revan is quite beatable. So is JKR at this point. Neither can dominate on their own. One was the most dominant, unbalanced meta leader the game has ever seen, and people with PTSD from that still gripe. The other is just the new favorite flavor right now. Both are fantastic. But if anyone claims either is unbeatable then they are wrong. Everything is beatable right now... with the right mods.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/
    i think it's fair to state that DRevan is objectively better in arena at this moment than JKR. especially because the 3rd most used leader (palp) counters DRevan (with or without a DRevan on the palp team).
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    It’s a mystery to me too. I guess some felt entitled to a sit in the top 20 because they put some dollars into a Darth Revan team. They forgot people are not top 20 because of the characters they have, they are top 20 because they have a stellar mod collection they just have to transfer to remain ultra competitive. The top 20 will always be ready for the next meta because they earn the crystals to ease the farm. They will always have the new characters, the real top 20 makers are the mods.

Another issue is the payout system.
    I chose my payout time since it fits better with my daily routine (work, family) but of it’s the same of at leat 15 people in the top 50....
  • JKR still remains a better choice defensively, there are fewer teams that can beat him.
    The only reason DR is dominating the meta is because people tend to prefer 1min long battles to 5min long ones.
  • T
    leef wrote: »

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/
    i think it's fair to state that DRevan is objectively better in arena at this moment than JKR. especially because the 3rd most used leader (palp) counters DRevan (with or without a DRevan on the palp team).

This.
    Thank you
  • Launch shard, Top 13 DR about 30 of top 50 is DR
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Fléau wrote: »
    JKR still remains a better choice defensively, there are fewer teams that can beat him.
    The only reason DR is dominating the meta is because people tend to prefer 1min long battles to 5min long ones.

you can believe that if you like, but it's most likely not true.
    I personally drop less while using DR than i did when using JKR. I assume this is the case on most leaderboards.
  • The only reason Darth revan is "dominating" arena is because people are completely sick of running jedi revan and changed to Darth revan. And all of us are just making it work as if jedi knight revan doesn't exist because we absolutely can't stand this meta that has already had its time in the sun, yet gets buffed three months later (Bastila unique) to again dominate arena as far as actual gameplay is concerned.

Jedi knight revan IS the problem.

It's why they can't even get the new "meta" malak to even truly stand up to jedi knight revan as far as actual gameplay is concerned.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    I just hope that the buffs to Malak are going to make the DR squad difficult enough for the other common squads (JKR, CLS, Palp, Traya and DR w/o Malak) to result in a lower win percentage for your opponent (like 50:50 or 60:40 in favor of the DR Malak squad). That would still allow ppl to beat him but at the same time they'd like to avoid him due to the chance of screwing up and both the ppl (F2P up to Krakens) who got their hands on Malak and the others would be happy about it.
    Wishful thinking though as that's nearly impossible to realize with the variety of chars and their abilities.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • F2p easy route:
    1. Shard chat.
    2. Switch po to off hour.
    3. Have different teams. My jkr v jkr always wins because I'm fast but I still use palp to beat dr.
    4. Mod farm EVERY DAY.

I don't even have DR but I hit #1 every po. There's a reason top f2p call it SWGOM.
  • I have no idea how anyone has malak, but then, I've played the game since week 1 of it's existence and only now acquired Gen Kenobi to 7*....still need BB8.... Therefore no RJT or anything since that is needed for "meta"
  • When attacking squads with Malac, I think key will be tactics similar to used in the event. For those who are not wasting time in the event, a key tactic is to hit malac as little as possible (no AOEs) to avoid giving him taunt, and giving your characters Fear. Human players will do this, the AI will not. Malac will let players auto teams on offense because the AI will play poor against him. On defense, DR squads with Malac will come down to who has the fastest DR.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    It’s a mystery to me too. I guess some felt entitled to a sit in the top 20 because they put some dollars into a Darth Revan team. They forgot people are not top 20 because of the characters they have, they are top 20 because they have a stellar mod collection they just have to transfer to remain ultra competitive. The top 20 will always be ready for the next meta because they earn the crystals to ease the farm. They will always have the new characters, the real top 20 makers are the mods.

This. I’m not bothered about not getting Malak, or about who is/isn’t the current meta because I haven’t gotten top 20 mods yet. The best I can do is around 120-130 speed, which has no chance to stay at the top no matter what team I use. So I spread my mods around to have lots of good teams, do well in GA and raids, and focus my arena efforts on ships where I can take first much more reliably.
  • Idk what jkr team you're using but I beat DR more often than I lose. I'm actually surprised when I lose
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Oh no something beat me! It’s OP.
  • Hopefully you have Papa Palp and Vader. I have DR but rather climb with Papa Palp. So much easier.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Rаvаgе wrote: »
    I get it you think cuz you been playing this for three years and haven't spent a dime that you're entitled to s***. But guess what,you're not. Shut up bitchsauce

So edgy.

They’re probably a troll. Let’s see if they have a riddle for us.
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    JKR can beat any DR team just by switching to Bastilla lead.