Update on sep droid tweaks?

CosmicJ
348 posts Member
@CG_Carrie

I read your responses some 50 days ago to Nottagoons Reddit post regarding his disappointment at his investment into the sep droids.

The conversation gave me some hope that you might consider some tweaks to the sep droids, but i haven't seen anything on the topic after that initial dialogue. I know some clone wars content is coming and I'm hopeful something might happen there... can you give me a hint in the meantime... anything? :)

Replies

• Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Yes please @CG_Carrie ! My droids can no longer beat revan because of Bastilla's buff! Any news?
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • They said that just to calm us down. Considering that they tweaked one of the strongest meta teams instead of the underperforming Separatists, it is fair to say that we won’t see tweaks for a while, if ever.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    I agree @Droideka. Businesses do this to quell the hate and eventually the more time that passes the hate/anger dissipates.

That being said if they were going to do tweaks now is the time due to clone wars era content. I wish they would just push out b1 and droideka so we can farm them. I just hope they don't go to ship nodes.
  • I’ve seen plenty of videos of people crushing it with droids, not sure why people keep thinking they need to be redone.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I’ve seen plenty of videos of people crushing it with droids, not sure why people keep thinking they need to be redone.
    People that dont have good strategy and/or mods/gear will always complain asking for nerf/boosts
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • I’ve seen plenty of videos of people crushing it with droids, not sure why people keep thinking they need to be redone.
    I can give you 10 times as many videos of droids struggling. They can’t beat any meta teams anymore. Droids rely heavily on AOEs, so CLS counters him to death. Traya’s unique kills B1 every time the seps take a turn, so it is essentially a 4v5 fight against Traya, and now JKR will also counter droids to death because of undispellable battle meditation giving Jedi 70% counter chance. A JKR battle was still RNG dependent depending on who Toda went after from the start and if you can stick buff immunity on Kenobi often enough, but now it is nearly impossible to win against him. Take it from someone who runs the droids full g12 with zetas. They suck. And @Fahrius If you don’t have the droids g12 and zetad you don’t have much room to talk.
  • Guys - what you have to understand is the investment into grievous for many of us droid fans was insane. Much higher than pretty much any other character in the game (took me 7 months of close-to dedicated shard flushing to get the shard shop currency to 7* him).

Based on this investment, some of us feel he should have been meta. He was absolutely trash before the rework and it took 2.5 years for CG to do it. Right now he's good, but imo (and obviously some others) his power doesn't justify the dedication to farm this team.

CG did a great job of the creativity of the kits and they are super fun to play. Props to them for that, but i think they should at least fix some of the glaring holes in team, and also consider seps when they do reworks of other characters such as the recent bastila fix.
  • Now they are buffing Malak because the playerbase feels that he is underwhelming. Except they are doing it immediately, while when we had the same exact problem with grievous we were told to wait and find the the proper team compositions and mods. Guess we haven’t found them yet, because Grievious teams are still not meta.
  • At least you droid lovers have a decent team to compete. The mats required stinks, but at least you have a chance.

Scoundrels, R1, and so many factions dont even have the chance.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    To be clear I'm not angry or hateful. I really appreciate the fact that seps got a rework. It must have taken the dev team a loooong time to construct this rework. I can see that a lot of effort was made... and they're so close to being a super viable team (already viable against some teams).

The primary issues lie in b1. A great character with one of the most interesting and creative kits in the game. However, because of this unique kit, some of his interactions make him a huge liability to the team. Specifically his interaction with MT's plague, susceptibility to % based damage, and liability on attack in GA (banners are lost just for using him).

Id like to see the above change and maybe a hint that this could be a meta team in future if that's not too much to ask haha :smile:
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    At least you droid lovers have a decent team to compete. The mats required stinks, but at least you have a chance.

We don’t have a chance. We used to, but with the Bastilla buffs droid teams have as much of a chance of beating Revan as Scoundrels do.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    At least you droid lovers have a decent team to compete. The mats required stinks, but at least you have a chance.

People seem to say these things a lot but all of those factions are easy farms.

That's the point of my previous post - imo meta should be defined by difficulty to obtain. Seems to be that way in every case (cls rebels, traya, drevan and jkr) except seps.
  • Down to droids all hail old republic era
  • Droideka wrote: »

We don’t have a chance. We used to, but with the Bastilla buffs droid teams have as much of a chance of beating Revan as Scoundrels do.

Used to have a chance VS never have a chance.
  • CosmicJ wrote: »

That's the point of my previous post - imo meta should be defined by difficulty to obtain. Seems to be that way in every case (cls rebels, traya, drevan and jkr) except seps.

Ppl complaining R1s are hard to farm werks before...
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    CosmicJ wrote: »

That's relative to what they've farmed before.

I've farmed all of the tougher farms in this game (except Malak) - gmy, ep, thrawn, raid han, GK, jtr, cls, 3p0, chewy, traya, revan, and drevan. Only traya came close to grievous for the amount of time it took to 7* (traya 6 months, grievous 7 months). However, absolutely nothing came even marginally close to the resource intensity of general grievous. For those 7 months my whole roster was almost completely on hold (except for a few characters to help my guild with pit raid). Everything else went to shard shop.

Trust me it was a bad feeling to find out he ****, but it gives you context as to why some of us feel he deserves to be meta.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    CosmicJ wrote: »

Well, the Separatists are not even farmable yet, so your argument is a little invalid.